Another 1st time grower!

It will not be ready to top for at least another week. But you will top her like you normally would on both sides then.

I have 8 tops on both these girls. Now just waiting for the flip! I know they aren’t exactly even, but I think they look ok for a newbie.

4 Likes

Looks good. I should have stayed at 8 when I tried mine. I got greedy and thought I could pull off 24 :astonished: I found I still need to walk before I can run :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m over thinking it or if I have multiple problems going on. I don’t even know where to start. Some of leaves have spots, yellowing in the margins, rips in the leaves, blistered looking leaves, and some of the newer growth look twisted. I fed at half strength yesterday and decided to do a flush tonight. EC has always been in range as well as the pH. The only thing different is that I have what I believe to be soil mites. They are super tiny, white, and jump fast. I used spinosad soap twice with no effect but I read they might be beneficial. They have been in the coco for at least 2 weeks and I think my plants would be in much worse condition if they were harmful. There is no signs of bugs flying or anything on the leaves at all. I just need some suggestions, I’m so close to the putting them into flower I’d hate to screw them up now.

1 Like

You definitely need to up your cal mag at least for a week. I would do a 2.5 ml per gallon minimum. For the bugs. These might help out. I see soil growers using them for bugs a lot. I never get any bugs with coco. Other than spider mites once. And they don’t eat leaves like that.

https://www.amazon.com/Trapro-20-Pack-Dual-Sided-Whiteflies-Leafminers/dp/B01I9KUKLQ/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1FXNJLQ8TGPMW&dchild=1&keywords=yellow+sticky+traps&qid=1598634138&sprefix=yellow+sticky%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-8

1 Like

I have still been adding 5ml/gallon of cal mag everytime. Also, I have never seen anything flying in my tent or any bugs on the leaves. I’m not sure where they came from. I’ll try this and see if I happen to catch anything. How much more can I up my cal-mag?

1 Like

I have used as much as 10ml per gallon. I am not seeing where you need any more from your last pictures there. They are looking good. I am normally at 2.5ml at that sized plant. You are doing great so far :+1:

1 Like

The lights were flipped about 2 weeks ago. Should I defoliate these or leave them alone for now? I have them clipped to a tomato ring so the light is more effective. They have so many leaves!

2 Likes

They are flowering :grin:. I decided to defoliate some of the lower growth and they are looking good.

3 Likes

You had big enough sugar leaves to trim. On my TXL. She is a bush since she has a lot of the smaller sativa looking leaves. You did a nice job there :+1:

1 Like

Don’t know if I over did it. I found conflicting information on defoliation. I decided to go heavier with it to increase the lights effectiveness to produce fat dense buds. My other plant has more even colas, but this girl is much bigger.

1 Like

Looks good to me. You left plenty of leaves. Or I think you did :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

These are just zoomed in on my phone. I haven’t bought a loupe yet. The lights were flipped a little over 5 weeks ago. I’m hoping they bulk up more in the next few weeks. Can anyone tell how much longer it may be based on the photos? Thanks.

2 Likes

With out a loop. It can be hard to tell for a new person. Your phone makes it look like they are cloudy which is where I take mine. Are your pistols all shriveled up or still straight. When they shrivel tells me when I am close.

1 Like

Pistils can give you a good idea but for the effects you want you need atleast a loupe. I got a wireless microscope off amazon for like 50 bucks canadian. Returned it after harvest. Worked well just couldn’t afford it being off. Well worth it. But a jewelers loupe will do, so would a camera lense loupe. Cheers.

2 Likes

They are mostly straight. I did get something ordered, so I’ll be able to check properly in a few days. I guess it’s time to look up videos about trimming. Never done that either. Thanks everybody for the help! Maybe my next post will be the results.

1 Like

Trimming isn’t hard and you can make some great hash from trim using ice and water. I bought bubblebags(name brand out of USA) And I was really impressed with the returns. Im about to start up some autoflowers here soon. Just bought air intake fan to help with cooling the tent. The absolute best method for determining your harvest window is via trichomes. Once you’ve seen mature buds it won’t be that hard after. But yeah always with your trichomes my man. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

1 Like

Hi. Just was looking at your grow, what did you use on the plant for LST like the tie down on plant to shape?

1 Like

I started with the training wire and metal clips since I’m using fabric pots. Then once I started using a tomato ring during flower I use the clips.

2 Likes

They’re looking good :+1:t3::smile:

2 Likes