Another 1st time grower!

@Not2SureYet I kicked back on the humidifier and fortunately it has been staying around 65% humidity. As for light schedule I had been leaving the lights on, I guess that is one thing I skipped over researching. I just thought since they were autos they didn’t need the period of darkness. I dimmed the light according to about 40%. How long should they be off for? And I’m growing in 5 gallon fabric pots.

2 Likes

Some ppl go 24 hours pure light with autos. Everyone has their preference. Myself I always go 18/6.

1 Like

Well last night when I checked on them before giving the water some of the main leaves (not cotyledons) were curling under. They are starting to yellow more too. I checked again this morning and they haven’t improved.

1 Like

Have you been giving them nutes? How are they looking?

@OlyBoy98503 I plan on starting nutes. I just didn’t want to start another issue with nute burn on top of them not growing. They still look crappy and haven’t grown. I seen one thread where the plants were transplanted into a solo cup and they started growing. I thought about trying that.

These are from today. Without the grow light on them and no flash. But they look better in the pictures. In person they are more washed out looking and have more yellowing.

1 Like

She is trying to get her roots down. What is your watering schedule?

1 Like

I have them domed, misting the inside of the cup. And every 1-2 days I have been doing 20-30 ml of water about 4” away. I poke my finger down into the medium to see if it’s more dry or damp. At this point I’m not sure how much nutes to give them.

You’re over-watering them and stunting their growth, if it was me, I’d stop all misting, no domes, let the sprouts get lots of fresh air and let the soil dry up pretty well before giving another drop of water.

Stop worrying so much about keeping humidity high, completely unnecessary and causes more problems than it solves. If your RH is over 40 without the humidifier then you don’t need to run the humidifier at all.

Your sprouts also need nutes as coco has none in it. You also need CalMag as coco is very hungry for calmag.

6 Likes

You’d start with low dosage of nutes, like 1/4 dose, do you have any nutes, if so, what is it?

5 Likes

I have calmag and GH trio.

1 Like

Then you have what you need, I’d let them dry out for a couple days then mix up a light dose of nutes+calmag and water around the plant about 1/2 cup per plant.

4 Likes

I did shut the humidifier back off since I decided to dome them. It’s just hard to know what to do. I really appreciate any help I can get. But I keep reading or getting conflicting advice. I will say at one point the coco was really dry. I just don’t know at what point I should call it quits and start over.

Ok, I will try this out and hopefully they will start looking better. Thanks for your advice!

1 Like

Yes, problem is everyone has their own way of doing things and to follow the advice of a half a dozen people is a recipe for disaster. Best to find someone that grows in coco and has had successful grows and follow just their advice. I’m not that person either as I have no experience in coco other than what I’ve read.

@Watt-Sun or @imSICKkid can you chime in what should be done with this coco grow at this point?

4 Likes

@Not2SureYet has been really helpful and he grows in coco. I hope I catch on. I wish I knew exactly where I went wrong so I don’t make the same mistakes. I have several strains and I don’t want to mess them all up. My poor husband may be waiting longer than expected for some bud :joy:.

1 Like

@Em this cat @Hellraiser is giving you sound advice :wink:

2 Likes

@Pakalobo I’m definitely going to take his advice. At this point I will try anything. I researched for a few months before starting and still found a way to botch them. I know next time I’m planting them in a cup first and not the final pot.

What are you using to water/mist at this point ? I prefer distilled so you don’t have to worry about ph at the seedling stage. What are you ph’ing your water to ? Also I’d recommend starting in a solo cup with lots of drainage holes till they get bigger. Starting in a pot that size will make for a lot of guess work with watering and a lot of down time while she’s digging down roots in such a big pot.

2 Likes

I put them in a final pot because I had been watching a YouTuber that did it that way. And he seemed knowledgeable, but I would rather not next time. I use distilled water with a pH between 6 and 6.5.