Anne Bonny's 2018 ILGM summer grow

I’ve been debating about starting these as I wondered if I would have time with wedding prep and then hopefully putting the house on the market after the wedding. I decided this morning since the Gold Leaf and Gorilla glue are 4-5 weeks from being done, the wedding will be over in 2 weeks and the house going on the market is not a sure so what am I waiting for?

First because music is medicine too here’s a little something for your listening pleasure.

Today I dropped 1 Blueberry auto, 1 Amnesia Haze Auto and 1 Critical Mass photo.

So, welcome to anyone who wants to come along for the grow. I am possibly thinking of trying a SCROG with one of these but am a little intimidated with the building of one and then the general up keep of scrogging. I have a general idea how it works from reading different journals on here. We’ll see how it goes. I feel like I’m on auto pilot with my grows right now and am torn between status quo and wanting to shake it up a bit~AB

27 Likes

Sign me up; let’s see how they go!

1 Like

Going to be watching and learning

1 Like

shake it up @AnneBonny i’ll be following along!

1 Like

I’ll be following along! :v:

1 Like

Your SCROG time commitment will depend on how big you decide to take it, and how you decide to implement it. If you do a SCROG like this:

…where the net is mainly used to spread out the colas and try to keep the tops even, you won’t require as much regular time with the plant during the stretch/transition.

But if you decide to do one like this:

…you pretty much need to commit to 30 minutes to an hour every day for tucking/tying during the entirety of the stretch. Just depends on how you decide to tackle it. But once you get through the transition and into flower, it’s basically done other than plucking leaves to expose bud sights directly to light. Not much to worry about except watering and checking trichomes at that point. :wink:

10 Likes

As far as building the SCROG, it’s really as simple as using a hacksaw and a drill. All you need are 1/2 PVC (Home Depot), 4 three way connectors for the corners, a box of screws (I prefer self-tapping ones), a matching drill bit, a drill, and some kitchen twine.

And maybe a tape measure. :smiley:

2 Likes

Woohoo @AnneBonny
Ill be watching
I started a few autos last wek myself

1 Like

You know ive got to follow you!

1 Like

Count me in
Good luck :smile:

2 Likes

Ok countryboy I have never tried autos how are they to grow can they be toped as well as trained or do they just grow and u get what u get

1 Like

Put me in there too, please! I’d love to follow. I have a Gold Leaf about 3 months, so seeing yours will give me an idea @AnneBonny

1 Like

@BigDaddyCain autos grow according to their own timetable without regard to light cycle. Most people tend not to stress autos out with topping and fimming as they are such quick growers too much stress can stunt them and kill your yield. Low stress training and scrogging can be done I believe. Basically they just do their own thing in their own time.

2 Likes

Scrog is fun and easy . That Critical Mass would be a good one to scrog because they get dense heavy colas and the scrog would support their weight . I use a wire mesh screen with 2" x 3" openings and 4 zip ties to corner tent post , scrog is done .

Shake it up !

6 Likes

Beautiful! How many plants are in each of those two pictures?

Watching :sunglasses: try the SCROG!!!

One in each pic. First one is Gold Leaf, second one is Blackberry Kush. Both around 60 days of veg time.

Watching :sunglasses: try the SCROG!!!

1 Like

6/12/18 update

I planned to put the seeds in soil after work tonight since it’s the only time I will have to do it. Usually after a 24-48 hour soak they will sink and into soil they go. I was surprised that the 2 autos had tap roots. So of course I was nervous about breaking the root when I put them in the soil. The Amnesia Haze went in root down without an issue. The blueberry auto of course flipped when I dropped it in and then it had soil on it so trying to get it root down was ridiculous. Still not sure it’s actually down but I figure Mother Nature will know what to do and she will find her way up. The Critical mass hadn’t cracked so it just went in without a problem.

Autos are in I gallon fabric pots with Fox Farm Happy Frog mixed with worm castings and perlite and the Critical Mass is in a 3 gallon fabric pot with the same mixture.

I misted the soil and put a glass over to help with humidity since I am out of plastic water bottles at the moment.

IMG_3943

So now we wait. Here’s a little music while we pass the time.

10 Likes

I just started my first SCROG. If I can do it, you can too. You can always buy a SCROG net if you don’t want to make one. I just bought a metal one that works great.

6 Likes