Animals, Pets, and Furry Friends of ILGM

I searched to see if there was a thread that was for our pets. I couldn’t find one, I know everyone at some point will post pics of their Furry Friends on their journal. But I wanted to see if anyone else would like to have a place to post pics of their animals, so everyone can see them. I’ll start with posting some pictures of Otis, I recently lost Otis. He was 12 years old and was my Buddy. Hopefully everyone will post pics of current animals, but I would love to also see animals that you have lost.

Otis as a puppy.

A little older

Full grown

Otis with his offspring

39 Likes

Bandit and Teddy

25 Likes

Beautiful my friend :heart:

6 Likes

Thanks, @Bulldognuts, sorry to hear about your little buddy. Looks like he was a proud papa. :blush:

6 Likes

This is my precious Angel Greyhound Willow, whose paws went on the Bridge 12/31/21 at the age of 13 years, 5 months.
This may sound as corny as hell, but caring for my plants and connecting with people here every day has really helped me manage my grief.

Her first day home.

Rest sweet, my pretty Nitwit, miss you more than I can say!

28 Likes

He mostly ran away from them. We had 5 in the litter and they would all go after him at the same time :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not at all, I think that was the reason I wanted to start this thread. I’m 59 and have lost several pets over the years, losing Otis hit me harder than any of the rest. :pray:

9 Likes

Willow was my heart hound, by my side through all my surgeries, etc. She had an older sister - a brindle Grey named Jinx who was a sweet and gentle girl (unless you were a rabbit or stray cat in our yard…) but Willow hit me harder.

One of my favorite pictures of them - we built the sandbox so they had a place to dig.

22 Likes

My boy malakai. Just turned 4. Siberian husky.

26 Likes

Craig in my profile. Then my boy Harvey doing his bossy thang… then we have my wife’s spoiled princess

20 Likes

Of course not! Having some kind of community, whatever that is defined as, is so important to help keep you moving ahead, even when it feels difficult. I feel for you Brother!

2 Likes

I think we all have lost a friend/pet along the way. And they are more like family to us, or that’s how I feel. A little different 4 legged pet but he is my buddy have raised me from a little guy to now. His name is beef he is 3 and he will still come eat food out of my hand. He’s the main bull of the farm

24 Likes

Thats great. I live in upstate new york holstein land. Worked on many a milk farm fir friends n family. I had one solid white holstein that would leave her stall (after she ate of course) while i milked all 200 girls. I Love cows.

4 Likes

lilly and bonnie. bonnie is the pup 8 months and lilly is 5 years with very low tolerance to puppy antics . the common ground is they both love going for rides.

22 Likes

Very cool :sunglasses: :+1:

sorry for your loss brother.

heres my 3 babies

Gypsy

Samson

Zona

19 Likes

My babehs

21 Likes

So sorry for your loss of Otis

1 Like

Well i guess I have to start with my furbies.
The cats. Meet Gus, Auggie, Lucy and Earl.

(upload://fby3DiMJOt5jXKWfKD5sc0AMoep.jpeg)

19 Likes

Luca at the vet yesterday for a checkup after his heartworm injections…

21 Likes