And yet another newbie question , apologies in advance . Perlite/soil mix ratio?

First post , I have decided on Happy Frog soil and blue dream auto strain. I will be using 5 gallon cloth bags . Just going to start out with one plant in case I screw up . I also purchased black gold perlite so my question is what ratio perlite to soil is ideal for my selections ? Thank you in advance .

1 Like

I put in about 10% perlite by volume.

1 Like

I use a 20% perlite. 4 scoops soil, 1 scoop perlite. I do not know if mine is cocrrect, but I havent had any problems yet…

1 Like

Thank you for your speedy responses , hopefully at some point I can contribute to the community !

1 Like

Happy frog already has perlite in it so you don’t actually have to add any extra. If you want to add more that’s fine, just don’t get carried away.

1 Like

thank you !

Ocean forest is a no-brainer I know everyone says do not put an auto seed in a pod but I have done this every time and it works awesome every time never had no bad results once the seedlings Roots start to stretch out of the pellet plant it in a 5 gallon bucket of ocean forest mixed with 20% perlite that Eliminates most of the food that you will need for the next month basically ocean forest is going to take care of your feedings you still give it nutes Just to introduce it’s diet is going to be taking on I know a lot of people are going to say no no no no no and I’m probably going to catch flack for this, but I just don’t care because I’m tired of hearing people that think they know it all give people false information even the stores are pushing their own products that are not efficient enough for a whole plant life this is silly people need to be honest you can have opinion but do not insist that a certain way is the right way because There is many different ways for many different things that work for many different people I will put my auto flowers up against anybody And stand proud whether I win or lose because I know my achievement was nothing but a success my yields speak for them self in a sense I guess what I’m saying brother the best research you’re going to get is online YouTube is a good source and you’re going to get a lot of different opinions and suggestions take what you want from them all and use a bit of everything and you will be very successful in growing Welcome and I hope this helps you because you’re going to be your best teacher

1 Like

Sorry I forgot to mention that before I do throw in a 5 gallon bucket I throw in a solo cup sized pot For a short just so the roots are not swimming too much but right before The roots start to really bound so still pretty loose in there I will transplant them into the 5 gallon bucket then