And the Race is On!

I said I would do it… and by golly I’m doing it.

I have 2 plants of White Widow Auto side-by-side. The one on the left is untouched and is au naturale (Xmas tree). The one on the right is both Topped and LST. Also, the one on the left is about 6 days behind the one on the right just for comparison sake. It sprung up late.

Goal of the experiment is to see what the dry yield difference is between the two methods.

The results won’t be definitive for all cases… but will occupy my mind in the dead of winter. So my sanity is at stake here!! So throw me a bone!

The race is on!

13 Likes

Can’t wait 2 see the end results… set to watch

Happy growing

4 Likes

I am set to watch and pulling for untouched lol

1 Like

I see a possible issue in your future and a unfair advantage to the one on the left. Because it is left alone to grow naturally it will probably get twice as tall as the other one if not more. You can obviously level it up with something under the short plant. I pretty much just wanted to warn you

I’ll get my supplies :beers: :pizza: :popcorn: default_bong7bp and pull up a rug and watch the show
tmp(3)

5 Likes

I’ma pull up a chair as well.
Great heads up on height @MeEasy

1 Like

@MeEasy @StonedCold13 @BudzMS

I think I pretty much took that into account when I planned this… that is, because I have 2 identical grow lights side-by-side to work with. :slight_smile:

I’ll raise BOTH lights separately according to the height of the canopy of each plant. Easy peasy

5 Likes

Great :+1: are those the ac infinity lights?

1 Like

@MeEasy

No, actually they are Vivosun 1000W units - about 100W input each.

Although obviously the actual manufacturer is making the same unit but putting a different company logo on them for other clients.

They work great for my needs.

1 Like

Putting my pocket full of lint, sand and gravel on the trained side.

3 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien

Me too… I’ll make sure they get equal treatment at the finish. Same pistil and trichome development.

I’m thinking at least double the grams for the one on the right… but we will see what science says in the end

2 Likes

Right on, but ya got to be fair and as unbiased as you can, which gets difficult once one has seen the mat a few times.

1 Like

I’m an engineer (and a wanna be scientist) so I’ll try to take all emotion and experimental bias out of the equation.

What does “mat” mean? Sorry, I am sort of brain dead today.

2 Likes

boxing/ wrestling analogy…once one is an apparent victor has a lead. I too an am an eng/arch so I have learned to be unbiased, cuz emotional decisions always fail.

4 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien

Cool beans! I worked part time as a draftsman for an architect back in the late 70s when I was considering that field.

I 1000% agree with you about bias.

If I didn’t have to water the buggers myself, I’d make it a double blind study. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Do you plan to continue training the pruned lady or let her ride from here forward?

2 Likes

@Underthestairs

I hope to train as long as I can… at least a week well into preflower.

What do you think?

1 Like

I think it’ll be an interesting side by side since people often say to be gentle with autos. I’m a learn by playing kinda guy too

Should be fun

4 Likes

Update: But just 3 days later… maybe not worth posting… I don’t think this will be close at all LOL

Might have to invoke the mercy rule.

4 Likes

THERE IS NO MERCY

too early to tell what they’ll do. I vote stay the course. They both look good

3 Likes

Don’t worry…Will not pull the plug on the experiment regardless! LST has so many more potential bud sites in prime locations, it’s ridiculous.

Science is at stake!!

@Underthestairs

2 Likes