An I start germinating my seed about middle of August and leave indoors in a small pot till transplant outdoors at beginning of September

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

My name is Steve from Texas. Currently I am going to attempt to grow Grandaddy Purple strain. My deal is its July 17th now and 103• degrees temperature now this time of year. An actually August is our hottest month. I’ve not yet germinated my seed yet cause I’m going to grow this plant outdoors. It really don’t start getting cold till January middle of month. True, actually in December it’s still in the 75-85• degrees mode. Texas is crazy. So my question is can I start germinating my seed about middle of August and leave indoors in a small pot till transplant outdoors at beginning of September. Temp should still be about 85-95 degrees and long days not getting dark till around 8:00. So plenty of sun time. This will give me about 4-months in which to grow my plant. Do you believe this is doable? I’m gonna transplant into a 5-gallon fabric pot with handles. Keeping indoors from seedling stage for a couple two or three weeks. Then out it goes. Plz appreciate any feedback and information on potting soil and added nutrients I’m seeing that nitrogen is important but when do I put all these added things in. In my transplant time. I don’t want to burn up my only plant. I’m growing this indica strain for medical reasons cause I’ve arthritis really bad. I’m only growing one plant a time cause Texas is not cannibas legal. Can’t draw too much attention. This is kinda my trial run at it. Thanks if u can get back with some help

If it was me i would save the photo seed since its after June 21 and we are looseing light every day. The declining daylight is the factor that makes the plant go from veg to bloom. Order some auto seeds as they are day sensative and flower according to number of days not the light schedule. Tag me if i can help with anything else

Also South Texas here. VERY JEALOUS of Oklahoma VOTING legal june 26th. Hate looking over my shoulder and waiting for the Gestapo to kick in the front door. Can’t tell or show anyone.
Suggest you plant 3 seeds for each you plan to keep. Especially if it’s bag seed. Better if you have feminized seeds. The cloth grow bag is a good idea.
Let them grow till you see which is best…and female. Kill the rest. By the time, a plant is 12" or so…it will show sex.

1 Like

Also…another new topic has the same question and lots of good info there as well