Amount of nutrient to be used per feeding

The only instructions I have on my Bergman’s nutrients are those for mixing. The grow chart shows what should be fed by week to the plants. My question is how much of a mix of, say, the seedling mix constitutes a feeding?

For instance, the instructions call for mixing 0.5 g into a liter of water. How much of this should be used per plant? I have my seedlings in little 25 oz (728 ml) pots. A liter of water would obviously be way too much.
When calling for a nutrient to be used at 50% level (eg), would one simply take and add a ml of water to each ml of nutrient blend? Again, how much of this should be used per seedling?

Thanks in advance for your comments and advice

2 Likes

Age and pics of plants. Seedlings require very little water the first 14 days or so :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

What cannibis friendly soil are they in? most soil contains enuf nutes for while.

1 Like

I’ve just started germinating the seeds and have been doing a lot of reading. I’m trying to quantify the amounts that might be used for a feeding of a plant at any given stage. Seedlings probably was not the proper example to use.

But I take your point about seedlings and their apparent lack of need for both water and feed. That’s very much the consensus of what I’ve read / viewed.

If it was in the veg stage . . what might constitute a feeding ?

Thanks for your reply

I’m going to use a mix of regular Miracle Gro and the Miracle Gro Fast Drain products. Once I get them established, I’ll move to an organic potting soil. First timer here and trying to use easily available items until I learn a lot more about what I’m doing!

Thanks for your reply and interest!

MG is not a cannibis friendly soil. It is time released nutes.
@Myfriendis410 i was going to quote what you said about miracle grow, but thought i better just tag you instead

2 Likes

Two ways to get to 50% concentration

1. Simply use 1/2 of the regular amount of nutrients
  2. Make 1L of nutrient solution then add another liter of water.

#2 is the easiest for me. For example I need 8 liters of solution for my plants. I will make a 4 liter solution then add another liters.

Beyond this basic info, I am not familiar with Bergman nutrients, so I can not make recommendations.

1 Like

That’s how I was treating it.

Thank you

This is why I’m glad I posted my question. I’m reconsidering my plan now.

Thanks

1 Like

There are some seed starting media that are nutrient free (desirable) which is cheap and works well. The plant will not need any supplements of any kind for 3 weeks or so.

Not all soils are appropriate and the two main issues with M.G. products are a: high salt concentrations which will burn plants and b: no PH buffering into cannabis-friendly range so PH crashes and plant suffers.

1 Like

If I could offer a great cannabis and new grower friendly medium it would be Fox Farms Coco Loco. Take a look at the ingredients and will help with the occasional overwatering. It’s also a water only medium for roughly 4 weeks before needing nutrients. For frequency of watering after the 14 day seedling period and first day of veg and transplant for me in coco is daily for soil it’s a wet to dry cyle. I start with roughly 1//2 a cup watering a ring 6-8” around the base of the main and increase this gradually watching for the vertical growth that’s letting me know the roots have spread out and absorbing the nutrients. Once I have 6 nodes or roughly week 3 I’m feeding to run off. I’m tagging a few soil growers to help, I’ve grown in soil 2 times and it was a while back. @Bulldognuts @MidwestGuy . I’ll circle back with you on a few more lessons I learned the hard way :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thank you for your help and advice. I appreciate it !

1 Like

Looks like other growers have the OP set. The only thing I will add is to be sure to measure runoff PPM and to keep it around 1,000. Feed as much or as little as it takes to maintain that level.

1 Like

I also have the same question: After making the solution per ILGM instructions, how much volume should be given each feeding for an adult plant just starting the Flowering stage? I’m a first time grower. I have ILGM neuts. and three strains of Feminized ILGM seeds (Bubba Kush, LSD, and Doe-si-Doe) I’m using Miracle grow potting soil , in 5 gal bags in a grow tent. Although I see many good suggestions I don’t think the original question has bee answered. So other than add til you get 1,000 ppm runoff, how much 50% solution would you start with for each plant? a cup? a quart?

I have 3 plants in 3 gallon pots and when i feed them 1 gallon of water per plant i heard people say if you have 5 gallon pots to get 20% run off you need to feed 1 1/2 gallons

To get a rough estimate, divide your pot size by 3.3 to know how much water to give.
Ex. 5 gallon pot
5÷3.3=1.5151
So you’d give it 1 and a half gallons of water to achieve proper runoff.

Ex 3 gallon pot
3÷3.3=.9191 so about a gallon

Thanks for your response. So you are saying that I should use 1.5 gal of the nutrient solution instead of plain water when feeding a plant?

Also curious about this. I know everything will vary from plant to plant and person to person but everything on the site is so detailed but the nutrients I bought I cannot find any guide or suggestions for us using soil?

@GrowingIs4Everyone what nutrients do you have?

The packs from this site they sell for $50? The stage 1-3 powder