Amount of baking soda to raise ph

How much baking soda would I add to raise ph from 4.53 to 6.5 ph. Per gallon of water?

1 Like

There is no set amount that can be predicted, as everyone’s water is different. It is going to depend on the water you are using. You should always check the pH with a meter. Check-> adjust, check → adjust until it gets in range.

2 Likes

Welcome , what kind of meter are you using to check PH ?

2 Likes

Are you trying to raise ph on straight vinegar because water , even with nutes added should still only need ph down

1 Like

U just sprinkle a little bit at a time as u do you test ur water after every time you put some in until its right

1 Like

When I used rain water and either FF Trio or Advanced Nutrients Iguana I needed to add PH Up. When I use my well water I need PH down.

2 Likes

It depends on how much of a buffer is in your water. If there’s a very low PPM level, literally less than a 1/16 of a teaspoon might get you in range. If your PPM level is around say 850, it could take a teaspoon, but it also depends on what’s making up that PPM level. Some minerals have more buffering ability than others. So basically, go slowly and use very small amounts until you find the sweet spot you’re looking for.

2 Likes