Amnesia Lemon photo Manifolds

So with the dry nutes, do they still get mixed with the water? Or top dressed?

I would suggest checking out your local store see if they have anything that is well priced or if they have any dry nutrients if no sales are on.
Some top dressing is from dry nutrients but itā€™s not what we are referring to, nor do I suggest it as there is no true way to measure what your giving.
Dry nutrients are mixed with your tap or RO water, can take a bit longer to mix but worth the cost savings in my opinion.

Silica is the building blocks of all life, itā€™s abundant in soil or river water but in hydro/soil less mediums it needs supplementation.

Always add silica first, mix, wait 10min, check PH to ensure it hasnā€™t spiked to close to or above 8 before finally adding nutrients and PHā€™ing to 5.8

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I will definetly check them out more, now that i know they have the stuff. Im going to try not messing up my flower schedule this time. Right now my lights are off from 8pm to 8am, which only gives me 3 hours from the time i get home from work. Not nearly long enough to water and feed 2 tents worth of 7 gallon pots. Im going to try getting the lights to be on from 5pm to 5am instead. Or off from 11pm to 11 am. I need the extra time. This grow got real crazy because of the timing. I had to start alternating watering schedules because of it, and the humidity spikes as well.

My tap water is 7.3 phā€¦if it goes above 8, should i still add nutes? Or ph down first to under 8?

Thanks 4-tag Already on board.

1 Like

My tap comes out about the same.
I add my silica, let it mix and wait 10min then PH it to 6ph roughly just to avoid a PH of 8 while mixing nutrients with silica. If you donā€™t PH it down the silica will lock out some nutrients and possibly bind to form gypsum.

2 Likes

Oh sh!t. Didnā€™t realize that

Hey thanks for the tag!! Watching! Iā€™m still new myself, but hereā€™s my two cents:
Any reason you are on a 12/12 light cycle?

Also with nutrients I recommend to go with Jacks 321formula. Just need Jacks Part A, Jacks Part B, and Epsom Salt.

Highly recommend looking into Real Growers Recharge too. Stuff is literally like crack cocaine for your plants! Itā€™s got tons of beneficial bacteria and fungi among other things which will actually penetrate into your plants roots, delivering nutrients quickly. Itā€™s no hype.

And Silica is good to have too just as Nicky said.

But hey man, might as well finish that FF you haveā€¦ Unless you really dislike it!

1 Like

I donā€™t hate it really, my plants are looking pretty good i think (my plants in flower) but I feel like Iā€™m paying more for the brand name than i am for what Iā€™m actually getting. And, at the same time, I want to simplify the feedings a little bit, without too much, if any, downgrade.

2 Likes

@Knowledgegrab28 I donā€™t know where you are getting your soil but if you go to fox farm website they have a dealer search and you can probably get it locally a whole lot cheaper. I started buying it online for 30-40 a bag now I get it here in town for $16 and thatā€™s the big bag of happy frog

3 Likes

I buy the Pro Mix HP at my local Paris Farmers Union, but now found it at the grow shop. They have the happy frog, and ocean forest as well as a few others.

2 Likes

Oh I didnā€™t realize you were talking about a different set of plants lol.

Well feeding wonā€™t really get too easy from what Iā€™ve seenā€¦ Of course it depends on how far you wanna take things with additives, but you have to have those base nutrients at leastā€¦

Just noticed you are using Great White, thatā€™s similar to Recharge. From what I have seen, Recharge is a bit better, but I couldnā€™t say for certain. I can only say that the Recharge I used on my plant has absolutely 100% made a difference compared to without it, and @MaD-VapoR can attest to this. He is actually the one that gave me some to try! Itā€™s 29.99 for an 8oz bag, 49.99 for a 16oz bag or 199.99 for a 5lb bag, and any size will last you for quite a while. Donā€™t have to use it every feed.

Iā€™ve seen good stuff grow out of the Pro Mixā€¦ Idk enough about soils to say much either way lol. I like my Fox Farms Happy Frog though shrug

2 Likes

Well the FF Dirty Dozen is 12 different things to mess withā€¦ I should have looked it up before hehā€¦ I can see why you want something more simple lol! Get Jacks manā€¦ You need 3 bags.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NLJ94WX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0722QCP1J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mix them up (per gallon)

3.6 grams Jacks Part A 5-12-26
2.4 grams Jacks Part B 15-0-0
1.2 grams Epsom Salt
pH
add some Recharge one feed, add Silica the next. Yes, you donā€™t need to pH after adding Recharge.
Mosquito bits on top of the soil (pest control)
Water till runoff.
This is my feeding regimen but I will be adding some extra stuff for flower possibly soonā€¦ Not sure yet.
When I bought the Jacks, it was on Amazon Prime, not sure if you are a member, but thereā€™s that.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

See alot of Jackā€™s growers happy and wuite a few so so happyā€¦ to me that dosent seem like something insane TRY and doā€¦ I like my nutes to be like by all and not have to hope that it works for my style itā€™s so basic bit it seems to work I just dont got time and space to experiment with a note chsngeā€¦ plus I got 800$ worth of emerald harvests full line of the 3part professional soā€¦ but I am going back to basics and running gh this run to see if it IS actually subpar or was it me being subpar growing techniwues

2 Likes

I was just looking and pricing that out at the grow shop last night. They said they just started carrying it because of a local grower raving about it.

1 Like

I am in the Midwest. Farm & Fleet, online order, drive through pick up, done. $16-17 for 1.5 cu ft bag. I usually get OF.

3 Likes

Woah. 8oz bag here is 19.99. 160zb is only like 78 or 87 here in michigan. Damn the price differences for the same stuff makes ne wanna puke. Should be same prices everywhere but like hawaii and alaska where it has to be chartered in. Lol. Fricken insane on the 16oz bag difference.

4 Likes

Waitā€¦ an 8oz bag of Recharge is 19.99 in your area, but a 16oz bag is 78-87??? Does not compute! The price I got was from Amazon and the Real Growers website though. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

My bad its a 2.2 lb bag for 78 or 87. 16 oz is 35 and change. My bad.

1 Like

Forgot to add, donā€™t mix all at once. Mix Part A, then Epsom, then Part Bā€¦