Amnesia Lemon photo Manifolds

This is going to be my grow of Amnesia Lemon feminized seeds from Seedsman. I will be manifolding these and feeding with Fox Farms Dirty Dozen with Flower Fuel, and Great White added as well.
Lights during veg: 1 Mars Hydro sp3000 (300w true power)
Lights during flower: 2, maybe 3 Mars Hydro TSL2000 lights (300w true power each)
Tents: Vivosun 4x4x80 vented with one 6" Infinity CLOUDLINE adjustable speed fan.
Grow medium: Pro Mix HP soil.
Pots: 7 gallon Vivosun Fabric Pots.

I soaked the seeds in spring water for 18 hours on 2/12. After 18h, i poured them onto a paper towel on a plate and put in the closet until they sprouted on 2/15. After the tap roots were about 1/2" long they were planted in small plastic cups with pro mix, i sprinkled rooting powder in the holes before placing the seeds tap root down. I lightly watered them and waited. 3 days later on 2/18 they broke the surface and started sprouting.

2/19:

Helpful hint, if you don’t need to hide the seedlings, the under hood light on the stove worked very well at providing light and heat for the little seeds/sprouts.

4 Likes

Actually this is soilless.

Hopefully you have poked a bunch of holes in cups, and have dark colored cups for them to go into as light will damage roots. Also a dome for first two weeks is wise: seedlings get all of their water out of the air when this small.

4 Likes

@fano_man @FullyMedicated @MrTiger @beardless @peachfuzz @Turbonelson @Teffygreenthumb @Dankloud @Nicky
@TokerGuy

6 Likes

Oh? I wonder if that is why i have had so many issues with ph dropping so low in my runoff. 5.6-5.8 with the nutes going in at 6.5.

2 Likes

You want to be feeding every day and anything going in should be 5.8 ph.
Slip those cups into light proof cups after you out drain holes in the bottom of them.

How long do you plan to veg for? This should be a Nice grow

1 Like

This is the PH you want to feed.

2 Likes

I have poked holes in the cups. I don’t plan to keep them in these cups long, they are now wrapped in dark paper to keep light away from the roots. Thank you for reminding me, I do usually put domes on my seedlings.

3 Likes

Domes are good if you can’t seem to keep your tent at a high humidity.
You want a breeze on your seedlings asap as it builds strong plants with strong roots and stems.
So if your not running any other plants in your tent then boost the humidty in your tent. Heck Durring the start you don’t even need to engage your exhaust fan so it’s easy.

1 Like

Really? Is it different for “soilless” medium? I apparently didn’t do enough research on the pro mix. I didn’t know it was soilless, also didn’t know ph needed to be so low.

1 Like

Clear cup in a dark one is not uncommon: you can lift out of the dark cup to examine roots.

Promix HP is my personal favorite medium and works well. Once established you will want to water/feed daily. Not a big fan of FF nutes: one of the more expensive lines. General Hydroponics is good if wanting liquid nutes or what a lot of growers (@Nicky and myself included) are using Jack’s (or Chemgro) 3-2-1dry nutes and growers are having a lot of success with it. The nice thing wit this line is it’s essentially one recipe from start to finish: you feed seedlings at full strength as well as flowering plants. It’s also one of the most economical nutrient lines out there.

I PH everything to 6.0. Promix is PH’d to intermediate range between hydro or coco and soil. That’s why 6.0 works well with it. The HP stands for ‘High Porosity’ as it has additional Perlite in it along with mycorrhizai.

2 Likes

Yes it is.

1 Like

Agreed not a fan of fox farms but might as well use what you have and it will grow.

1 Like

I was debating changing nutes, but never made a decision because there were too many options to comb through.

There’s a few journals for you: mine is the last one and in Promix HP with Jack’s.

2 Likes

So very true.

For base nutrients I recommend GH or Jack’s/chemgro

For PH up/down and silica I like AN

For microbes I’m on fishsh!t now and very happy, although I would like to test it vs AN voodoo & tribus. All 3 are top options.

4 Likes

All i want to do is grow some nice big packed colas. Fox farms was the one that i keep hearing about( great marketing on their part). It would be nice to have less bottles to mix everytime.

3 Likes

Yeah most of cannabis nutrients is marketing actually.

Almost any nutrients will grow cannabis, where do you shop? Do you have a local hydro store?
If so ide go in there and see what they keep in stock. Some stores discount certain brands.
If your rural or some remote small town forced to order online then Jack’s is a great option.
It’s rare for a bottled base nutrient to be cheaper per feed than a dry nutrient and thus I stick to dry nutrients.
Jack’s, chemgro, mega crop etc.

You can grow with a base nutrient and do good but a bacteria product is ideal, it helps with root development and nutrient uptake. This is where fishsh!t, voodoo or tribus come in.

However the most important element in coco/promix/ soil less hydro grows is silica.
Your best bet for silica is Agsil16H, otherwise AN rhino skin or GH silica.

2 Likes

I plan to veg them long enough to get 8 colas at about 2 feet long in the vertical section. So most likely going to be about 10 weeks if not more. But should line up with my schedule for the other girls already in the tent.

1 Like

I do have a local shop i just found. They carry everything from fox farms to house and garden. So i have my choices still.

What is the silica for?