Amnesia Haze Autos are Ailing

I have 4 amnesia haze autos that are on day 44. They are in 3 gallon fabric pots and are in a soil blend of 3 parts FF Ocean Forest, 1 part organic compost, 1 block of coco with perlite added. All are first time use. I am using FF Trio of Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Big Bloom and Grow were first applied on day 24 at 50% and again on day 34 at 50%. Tiger was added on day 40. All at recommended doze for week 1 flower. I have also used Root Doctor fungicide to treat what I diagnosed to be rust and Cali-Magic (1tsp / gallon) (I guess for good measure / just in case). Root Doctor was first applied as a foliage spay (2 times) with the excess as part of normal watering. The last 2 weekly applications of Plant Dr. were at cure dozes for soil drench (17.5 ml / gallon).
Here come some pictures.
First, overall plant view

Plant #4 brown spots spots and yellowing more brown spots
I removed the lower yellow fan leaves after the pictures.
Plant 3 just looks a little pathetic (not robust) and so does #4. This may be my ignorance of the strain. They are from ILGM and 80% Sativa. #3 has very slight leaf discoloration. . The two pictured are in a 3x3 tent, under a Kind XL600 about 22". I will reply to this post separately with info on plants 1 and 2.
Do you think my rust diagnoses is correct? If not - help
Should I continue with the treatments or am I slowly killing them? If you have experience with what you see and successfully treated the situation, your help will be appreciated.

Here are plants 1 and 2.
They are under Bestva Elite 600 and King Plus 600 lights (24"). Each are supposed to draw 125 w. They will be moved to the tent once I have room (blueberry auto is finishing up)

#1 entire plant
brown spots
New buds are light green, some tip burn ![IMG_0050|690x460]
(upload://o4C5pIsKWDrLaeshqhFfa0ilMof.jpeg)
#2 is a mess. entire plant
Is this nute burn, light burn? It is not good for what ever is going on.
I am running the light 20/4 at full power. I can switch to bloom only.
Again, your experienced insight will be appreciated.

I screwed up on upload of #2 of light green buds and some tip burn

I can see the light green as being new growth - possibly

That’s nute burn. You need to flush.

Have you been monitoring ph and ppm in vs out? I’d say you are probably a little high on nutrient concentration as well from looking at them. Can you fill out support ticket?

are you referring to plant #2 images 36 & 37? It is strange that the other ones aren’t as bad. But, #2 has always been the runt and it may not have been able to handle what it has been fed.
thnaks

I have not done any ph testing. I have a Dr Meter PH-100 pen. I originally tested my tap water (source is untreated well water) and (if I remember PH was 6.7±. So, I have not worried about PH. I have not tested ppm in or out. Necessary? Recommendation as to how.
I can fill out support ticket but need some direction to do so

1 Like

The ph of your solution probably changed when you added your nutrients. That’s likely not your issue, but it should be set properly and monitored. It’s also not exactly necessary to check your ppm. But knowing where each is could be priceless tool when troubleshooting issue like you have.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

@dbrn32 [quote=“dbrn32, post:8, topic:40447”]
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: ILGM Amnesia Haze (order 443960 - Auto Mixpack

Age from Sprout: 44 days

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: Soil in 3 gallon fabric pots(Smart Pots). soil blend of 3 parts FF Ocean Forest, 1 part organic activated compost (Purple Cow), 1 block of coco (Hydrofarm Coco Coir brick) with Sungo perlite added

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Every 2nd or 3rd day, currently 1 quart each. Appearance, finger in soil and lift pot.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: NA

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: I am using FF Trio of Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Big Bloom and Grow were first applied on day 24 at 50% and again on day 34 at 50%. Tiger was added on day 40. All at recommended doze for week 1 flower. First 2 applications (day 24 and 34)- Big Bloom 1.5 tsp, Grow Big 1.5 tsp / gallon. Last application was day 40 Big Bloom 3.0 tsp, Grow Big 2.0 tsp, Tiger Bloom 2.0 tsp / gallon. I have also used Root Doctor fungicide to treat what I diagnosed to be rust and Cali-Magic (1tsp / gallon) (I guess for good measure / just in case). Root Doctor was first applied as a foliage spay (2 times .5 tsp/gal) with the excess as part of normal watering. The last 2 weekly applications of Plant Dr. were at cure dozes for soil drench (17.5 ml / gallon).

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor (we have 12" on the ground)

Light system, size and height from plants: Tent light Kind XL600 (320W LED)about 22", starter / veg space Bestva Elite 600 and King Plus 600 lights (24"). Each are supposed to draw 125 w

Temps; Day, Night: 70 - 75 day and night. 4-5 degrees lower during 4 hr lights off.

Humidity; Day, Night: 35 day and night. Kept it low due to rust concerns.

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Yes 6" MaxFan and carbon filter

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: NA none needed this time of year

Co2; Yes, No: No
Soil mix and pots are new out of the bag.
The tent walls, floor, risers and saucers were all cleaned with Tilex mold and mildew spray.
Received one reply regarding #2 (images 36 and 37) saying Nute Burn - needs flushing. It is the smallest of the 4 plants and it may not have tolerated the nutrients.

WAIVE YOUR MAGIC WAND IN MY DIRECTION -thanks
[/quote]

They all look very dark green to me, that indicates excess nitrogen at best. Makes sense too as ocean forest can do this on it’s own, the addition of compost wouldn’t help. For what it’s worth, they are big enough that I would be watering to runoff. Not everyone does that, but what I found to work the best for me.

If those were my plants, I would grab digital ph and tds meters. Then set a healthy amount of strait water to ph of 6.3-6.5 and water to runoff. Then collect the runoff and check the ph and tds of my runoff. Just so I had some data to compare to what I was seeing. I’m guessing they would read a little high. In which case flushing and resetting would be the course of action I would take as well.

Thanks - I will look take another look at PH. Re-calibrate pen and test my water and with the FF Trio.
As well as the overflow. (once they are in the tent I do water enough to have overflow that runs into the saucers). I will flush the plant with obvious nutrient burn and discontinue trio applications to all plants.

Any thoughts on the spots? Some type of rust? Treatment? Continue with Plant Doctor fungicide?

I don’t think that’s rust fungus. You can wipe that off with your fingers.

Thanks. An ILGM moderator also helped out. I gave her a good flush this morning.

1 Like

Just wanting to reach out and say thank you for getting me through this grow. These are the harvested buds from #4 pictured at the very beginning of the thread. Getting me to PH etc saved them and am pleased with how this one turned out given what they went through in the beginning. The little ones that I really fried to a crisp are well behind this one. But they also survived.

100g going into jars.

3 Likes

Excellent looking nugs there dude! Even the crabby old man will be proud of those haha.

thanks. Now we will see what happens when I get the new light running. I have the PLC strips, heatsinks, driver now just waiting for a couple connectors. Delays from China you know.

1 Like

Yup: ya done good, buckwheat! Nice job and pat yourself on the back because you listened.

1 Like

Quick soil PH question.
Just ran a slurry on the soil I will growing northern light photo in.
PH 7.04, PPM 725 (my water PPM 255) - I didn’t have distilled so I PH tap water to 6.93
Look ok or should I try to reduce soil PH closer to 6.5

1 Like

@Myfriendis410
Quick soil PH question.
Just ran a slurry on the soil I will growing northern light photo in.
PH 7.04, PPM 725 (my water PPM 255) - I didn’t have distilled so I PH tap water to 6.93
Look ok or should I try to reduce soil PH closer to 6.5

I think that’s close enough for jazz IMO. Bias your input nutes to the low side (6.0 or so) and your plants should be fine. PPM is low for soil: FFOF would test around 3,000 ppm FYI.

1 Like