Amnesia Haze Autoflower Grow Journal

After 7 days in soil, the seedling still had not emerged.
In an effort to see if I had inadvertently planted it too deep I carefully dug it up to find that it was totally stalled in its germination, the taproot that had emerged in the napkin had stopped growing, and there were small,white, fast moving bugs (presumably springtails) that appeared to be feasting on the mycorrhiza powder on the seed hull.

SO, here we go again, attempt 3.
Soaking the last amnesia haze seed in oxygenated and filtered water for 18 hours and then I believe I will place it directly in the soil without a humidity dome.

Has anyone else reported problems starting Amnesia Haze seedlings off?

My tent parameters are the same as my last grow.
Temps are 72-81F, RH has stabilized around 40% lately.
Light is a PFW640 suspended about 42" above the top of the pot.
Pot is located in the left back corner of the tent.
I have a oscillating floor fan on low to move air around, and a 4" 203CFM inline fan as exhaust with a carbon filter.
I don’t know what else I can do to ensure its success at this point.

Your soil just may be to hot (too much nutrients and possibly microbes). I would suggest germinating in rapid rooters or some other neutral soil. You can overdose fungi soil microbes during the initial germination and seedling growth so I would cut back or eliminate until the seedling is ready for transplant to a larger container.

1 Like

i just germinated two seeds in solo cups after getting them to pop in water in a glass. the solo cups have mother earth’s peat in it (is a seedling type soil) but i also put in one inch of super soil on the bottom. i have not tried germs in “good soil” yet and doubt that would work from what i’ve seen on here in past 3 months. i also would not suggest putting super soil in bottom as i did but it seemed to work for me.

Finally have results.
This little seed broke ground on the 28th, and 24 hrs later was looking good.
Haven’t taken a picture today but the first set of leaves are growing rapidly and it looks very healthy.
I have only misted with plain 6.5pH water once a day and trying to keep the humidity and temp acceptable.
Here are a couple pictures:

Emerged from soil

24 hrs later:

stats

@42OhCan I noticed your ph on the last grow was 6.8. I think that a bit too high. try to keep it at around 6.3 - 6.5. Don’t worry about your humidity too much either. It’s not imperative to keep it at or above 50%. My humidity most of the time is around 30%. Also, nutrients are really not needed for seedlings. Your soil has enough to get the plant going to a decent size. Your ppm in your soil really shouldn’t be over 700. If it is you will burn your plant up.

Another point I wanted to make…it’s good to water seedlings from the bottom up rather than pour water on them. let the soil absorb the water through the bottom of the plant. And, when misting, it’s best to mist when the lights are out for the night. Misting when the light are on can burn the leaves.

@GFDuke thanks for the tips! I do think I was watering with too high pH before which may have contributed to some of the problems with the first seedling. Have you ever watered in fabric pots from the bottom up? while I can do that, I am concerned about mold.
Right now I have the 5 gallon fabric pot sitting in a sterilite container , and while watering that way makes sense I do worry about mold developing on the sides.
Thoughts?
Also, I am growing organically. No bottled “nutrients” other than what is in the soil and molasses and some seaweed extract later on.

No I wouldn’t water in fabric pots from the bottom up. I only water from the bottom up in starter pots. I also don’t put my seedlings in a 5gal fabric pot until they have grown at least 3 nodes. I use peat pots to get them going first in order to get a good health root system before planting in their final home. How big is the pot you have it in?

lol, its a 5 gallon fabric pot.
This is an AH autoflower as well. Everything I have read states they do not react well to transplant stress so I have started it in its final pot so I don’t disturb it. I did this with my first ever grow, an AK-47 autoflower, last year with very good success.

2 Likes

I have never had a problem with transplanting. In my link above you can see. I transplanted that OG Kush yesterday morning with no issues at all. But, your method should do fine. I like to use peat starter pots in the beginning because it’s easier to control watering in a small pot. I have actually just put the starter pot plant and all right into my final pot. The roots will grow right through it. So really not transplanting at all with that method. lol

Good luck! If you need anything feel free to tag me.

1 Like

Well I finally think Ive found a watering method that works well. Misting daily with pH adjusted water, and using a cup to water AROUND the seedling in small amounts seems to be working perfectly.
Temp has been very good at 70-75F and RH has stabilized with the new TaoTronics humidifier I got, staying around 50-65%.

Here she is at day 4. Looking perky and healthy.

Sorry for the “burple” looking light. I am only using the 5W supplemental diodes on the PFW640 right now suspended 36" above it .

2 Likes

Day 6. Just been watering with plain pH 6.5 water so far.
Growing strong and healthy thankfully!

4 Likes

the kids are looking good.

Looking good. Keep up the good work!

Day 7 guys! 1 week old today. Still only watering with plain pH water at 6.5, about 175ppm TDS.

3 Likes

Here’s miss thang at 10 days old. Haven’t been watering much but today the entire pot was very dry deep down and there was soil blowing around so I figured it was time to water 1 good time to get everything moist and moving again.
So, today I watered with 1 gallon AROUND the seedling only, pH 6.5 175ppm TDS, no additives, no molasses.
Temp has been 70-75F, RH around 50-55%.

There is some slight spotting as you can see in the picture but I think this is just normal, or maybe light bleaching from when I misted a few days ago.

Also, the leaves aren’t as dark in person, its just because of the lights used.
They are a healthy green color, not overnight light or dark. You can just make out the “splotching” in the picture contrast.

What do you guys think?

4 Likes

Lookin good!!! Im watching. I have 2 autos going but about 4 weeks ahead of yours in soil. :v:

awesome @imSICKkid what strains?

White widow. First time growing