because of the success of my grow last year, and still sitting on quit the number of seeds I ordered last year, I decided to pop an Amnesia Haze Autoflower from ILGM (of course) toward the end of February.
The tent was taken down from my AK-47 grow, sanitized, moved, and put back together in a better location I am hoping.
I was also able to vent the inline fan out into the attic as well to increase air exchange in the grow tent.
I grew organically last year, and the AK-47 Auto turned out to be pretty decent stuff, yielding in at just over a quarter pound (4.3 oz) in usable, manicured flower. Here she is in late flower:
The tent is a ViparSpectra 36" x 36" x 72" grow tent.
Lighting is a PFW 640 LED/COB via Amazon:
4" inline fan from Vivisun with carbon filter
floor fan on low for air circulation.
Soil is 4 parts FFOF, 1 part rehydrated coco coir with 1/4 tsp dr earth all purpose organic dry amendment and perlite added, and 5-7% additional perlite added to this mix. BPN root magic was also added to all the soil once mixed together per instructions on the canister.
I am growing in a 5 gallon fabric pot with handles just like last grow.
After germinating using the 24 hr soak, and paper towel method plus inoculating the taproot with BPN root magic mycorrhizae I planted it in the center of the pot with about 1 cup of just the coco coir mix in the center, to hopefully prevent nutrient shock from using FFOF. Also sprinkled a little root magic in the hole where the seedling was placed.
I thought if the seedling had time to establish and grow into the FFOF it would help with preventing nutrient shock from using a hot soil.
Here is a picture of what I mean:
I am using oxygenated tap water that has been ran through a carbon reactor to remove impurities.
TDS is usually around 170ppm.
Nutrients are BPN seaweed extract at quarter strength for now, and good ol’ organic unsulphured blackstrap molasses.
Watering at a pH of 6.8, just plain water for the first week, and just have started quarter strength BPN seaweed extract and molasses.
Around week 4-6 about a week and a half after preflowers show Ill top dress the soil using quarter strength or third strength dr earth flower girl.
Heres the little seeding now just barely a week after breaking the soil surface:
We’ve had a bad cold front move through and the humidity has been super low, 25-30% at best.
I have been having to run a humidifier on high 24/7.
Temps are around 72-82F depending on the time of day.
I’ve been using a humidity dome (bottom half of a water bottle) and misting frequently this week to try and keep humidity levels up.