Amnesia Haze Autoflower ~consolidated notes

An excellent close up of one of the branch tips (pics of the early cola formation focused past where I was aiming :face_with_monocle: so they didn’t turn out right).

The nice thing about a camera that can do fine “MACRO” shots (why they call it that I dunno - it’s more of a “MICRO”, but whatever…) is that you can end up with a large and detailed image that doesn’t quiver as you look at it, unlike using a ‘Loop’ or a 420 Scope.

If you click on the image to bring it to full size you can even see a light amount of trichome dusting here and there looking like small white spots on the leaves & stems, and the beginning of pistil formation.

TIP: Click twice to display full screen

This is the end of a branch from the eighth ‘lobe’, about half the way up the plant. The top was about one day behind but is doing the same. You can clearly see some pistils starting to come out, and they in particular display a dusting of trichomes forming

Full size here = 1920 X 1080 pixels if you wanted to use it for a desktop wallpaper

From here right the way onward I expect the trichomes are going to get thicker and juicier, like a snow storm…

I consider this Day Two of flowering phase, so a lot more is going to develop over the next 5 weeks.

~ But she is now officially a “Pistil Packin’ Mama” :two_hearts:

ONCE AGAIN proof that when Robert says seeds are FEMINIZED - you can be sure they are! I’ve never known a FEM seed from ILGM to be anything else.

:gem::v:

1 Like

IMPORTANT NOTE ON FIMMING/TOPPING THIS VARIETY
(Amnesia Haze Autoflower/Feminized)

I see now the the FIMM attempt was too late, looking at my girl and counting the branch lobes from the bottom to the top -

The LAST LOBE (branching point) where the branches come out in PAIRS (one on each side) is the NINTH one up. After that, this plant will send out ONE branch at a time, growing in a sort of “spiral”.

If not topped or fimmed before the tenth lobe begins to form, it will not affect PAIRS of stems coming out.

For this reason I would say top or fimm absolutely NO LATER THAN when the eighth or seventh fan leaves are forming, preferably seventh for a FIMM in order to get the FOUR STEM result that is ideal.

• Counting the main branches/fan leaves in this way is far more accurate than going by the calendar
1 Like

New pics taken on August 14, 2018

COLA:

Branch Tip:

Light adjusted with graphics utility. These buds actually began to form into little cotton balls about a week ago, maybe a day or two less. The leaves are not actually yellow, but color correction can only do so much

~make nice desktop backgrounds don’t they? (broad hint)

2 Likes

22 August

Compact, 36" tall plant with buds all over it

~One thing is for sure, it is very space conservative. If you don’t have a very large grow space, Amnesia Haze could be ideal for you.

If my calculations are right, this is either an eleven or twelve week old plant right now
I’m figuring from June 7th or 14th, one of the two. 1st pic looks like 3 weeks old to me

2 Likes

Believe it or not, it’s the size of your pot for the most part. Small pot, small plant.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about using laundry tubs - but I have seen pics of HUGE plants growing in five gallon buckets before…

It could be that those were a totally different strain

1 Like

You have really good notes, but IMHO I think you might be putting too much thought into it. Like the “mimicking the sun” part on the sides of the plant. For the most part, the LED’s are designed for light penetration, so they don’t need to move, Also why some pruning techniques and LST are used.

1 Like

5-gallon is a standard size used for most plants on here. The cloth gro-pots are superb, and they com in ginormous sizes if you want to go that route. I’m thinking a 10-20 gallon grow for an experiment later on.

1 Like

For this one, You have the main stem (top cola if you didn’t top it) then all the shoots coming out from the leaf nodes. These shoots grow in a zig-zag or spiral fashion, unlike the main stem. Even if it looks even on the top, as they grow it’ll be one leaf and bud-site, then another, rarely 2 unless it’s really compact and just looks like that.

1 Like

My first couple of grows I’d rather try anything I can think of and settle on a final method eventually.
~ I recently read Roberts article about stem splitting too

We all start out with pretty basic equipment too, moving on to better lights and all sorts of stuff. I hope to eventually live in a place without any legal or security issues, but that day is not yet here. SOME day, but not quite yet. It remains to be seen what states of the union are going to be remembered as the most backwards and CHICKEN when it comes to legalization

1 Like

Only had a few grows myself, and I have found that getting the right stuff the first time rarely happens, unless you have cash to dump and good advice. I think everyone having a separate flower and veg room (or more) probably comes from having old lights laying around that were upgraded LOL

1 Like

I wish I had a BASEMENT - with a closet to keep a single male plant in.

That would be ideal for total climate/environment control

:man_farmer: an: “Undergound Garden”

I doubt there are many basements with 16 foot ceilings tho…

1 Like

Here we are two weeks later - about a 16 week old plant.

Here is the ‘Cola’ at the absolute top

~ and this is a branch tip close-up from lower down

These pics are un-retouched, no sharpen filter used. The snowy little dots are TRICHOMES!
Look pretty sweet to you?

But I still don’t see any ‘browning’ of said trichomes yet, and the tips of the buds are bright green and still growing. I wonder now just how big those flowers are going to be, and how many total weeks of paranoia it will have been at the far end…

I need to pick a new state to live in where my hobby is not such a terrible risk

3 Likes

13 Septembre 2018
~Decision made to split the stem, more potash solution added at the same time

~Leaves have begun to yellow and fall off a lot

4 Likes

18 WEEKS (4 months, 2 weeks)
21 SEP 2018

Views of the Cola a week after splitting the stem. In the bottom image you can see something like an arm of a cactus growing out to the sides in two places - I wonder if the buds will all spread out in little arms or ‘Budlets’ this way?

I begin to think again that I still have NOT SEEN what a full sized mature Bud really IS like…
But this is running a bit over-schedule now: 3rd week of September at an end (friday)

And with no chance of an outdoor plant to compare to, there’s no telling the effect of my lights or the change in hours to 12/12.

Frosty lookin’ though, ain’t they?

The amber colored pistils fascinate me, I think I want to grow some different colors of bud now just because I’m curious how they look! Purple, Red, or even Bubblegum…

HERE is a serious question - that may not sound like it:
Is it beneficial to pour out old Bong Water into the plant soil? Can the roots uptake THC from it?
(It is probably quite similar to the Potash Solution I make and use)

• I have also begun to think about CO2 generation as a higher (and more realistic) priority

• I have been leery of CO2 generation for safety reasons

But this seems to beg a specific article on the stages Buds go through as they increase in size and shape, answering questions about the different parts and how they form. Do the small florets the hairlike pistils come out of become larger as the bud grows - much like leaves on a sprouting plant? Do buds themselves produce branches within themselves, possibly growing secondary and tertiary buds within a bud? This fascinates me, I have never watched it at first hand to this advanced stage

• I will wait until I see Trichomes begin to turn brown before any “serious” harvesting
2 Likes

On October 4 I chopped it and hung it to dry

~ a thing that is a problem is seeing pistils browning or drying under “MARTIAN” LED lights

I think they were drying earlier than I saw because the light was so red

When I think back on it - this was 2 weeks, plus early july until now

Call it (+foot tall sprouts) 16 weeks

Sprout to harvest around 3 or four months
~ with my set up

2 Likes

Just a PS: Yeah - it’s interesting. The flavor is unique!

Also sent for and got (blindingly fast this time) some of Robert’s “Blue Haze” seeds because I want to see some really unusual colored buds this time around. NOT planted yet, I need some time to deal with some things and dream up an even better grow room set up.

~CIAO & Sabor!
F. F.

2 Likes

Thank you for this particular suggestion!

1 Like

I am on my first grow with Amnesia Haze auto flower (and first ever grow.) In spite of many mistakes this plant is thriving, so far…credit to ILGM seeds. I have entered early flowering ending the sixth week of grow. Was wanting to read someone who has gone through the process. Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve got amnesia haze autos going too! My girls on the left :blush: I keep messing up but they keep growing :heart:

2 Likes