Amnesia Haze Auto, first grow. Help and comments welcome!

I’m going super light on nutes until they are more established, but it’s certainly nice seeing them finally take off! I think my lights are good. I had one of the girls stretching a little, so lowered them down a bit, and I’m good about pHing my water, though I wasn’t really thinking earlier, and should have used my tap water instead of ro to feed them. I have hard water, but it has cal and mag in it, and I thought that would be beneficial to them, and then totally forgot when it was time to water lol.

1 Like

Looking good. Two of mine are at the same stage as yours. Agree with the light nutes… I started at 25% and only will go to 50% after week 3

1 Like

Day 12. I think I wrote day 12 yesterday, but it was in fact day 11. For today, girls still looking good. All still growing well, with no obvious issues. All seem to have responded positively to my nutrient mix, which I’m very happy to see, was worried about that. Pots still have plenty of moisture, so just watching them grow.

1 Like

Day 13. Girls looking good, all are still growing strong, showing no signs of slowing down. However, my soil has me concerned. I watered on Sat, and went quite a bit heavier to fully saturate my pots. I thought I had done well, but noticed today that if you dig a couple inches in, there are spots that were never wet at all…is this something to be concerned about, or will it even itself out as I continue watering? @happypappy @VirginiaGrowBoy @alexankh

2 Likes

Day 12 here… Great Scott! We are on the same trajectory @DrWatson420 !!

3 Likes

They are really taking off now, and it’s amazing seeing the differences each day. I know they are growing well, so I must be doing something ok, and the more I think about it, the dry spots in the soil probably aren’t hurting anything. But that’s cool that we are on the same schedule. Do you plan on topping or lst or anything? I’ve seen great results either way, but unsure if I want to try anything this time. Maybe just lst, and not let myself get carried away lol

1 Like

next time you water, i would make sure to get those dry parts of the soil wet. how much water are they getting?

1 Like

Almost a gallon per plant, and I watered it pretty slowly, letting it absorb and then coming back to it. I will definitely make sure to water the areas I see that are dry, I just found it odd to scrape back moist soil to find dry stuff underneath :person_shrugging:

Day 13 update, just checked in in the girls and they are still doing great. I realize now why they say this is the boring part of it, as all I can do is control the environment, and sit back and watch. But I’m still seeing great growth out of them, so I took some pics from the side to show their stems thickening up, and the leaves continuing to emerge.

1 Like

Day 14. Everything still looks good, and still growing really healthy. Tried my hand at some light LST on the biggest one. I’ve never tried it before, but seems like I bent it enough to promote growing the way I want it to. I will do the other 2 within a day or so, mostly wanting to see how she responds first. If you see anything wrong, please don’t hesitate to tell me!

2 Likes

Went ahead and did lst on all 3. The first one was what I see everyone else do, the other two were my little idea to hold em down a little easier. :person_shrugging:
Still letting soil dry out some more before watering again, maybe tomorrow.

2 Likes

End of day 14. I have been so back and forth on whether or not to top, mainline, scrog, lst, or just let em grow, but in the end I went with the safe route and just tied them all down. My original ties didn’t work out, as the plants just pushed past them, so went back and tied them down properly. They all seem to have responded well to it, as 2 of the 3 are already facing skyward again, and the 3rd is right behind. Will water tomorrow, just plain pH water

2 Likes

Question, will LST help strengthen the stems? I watched a million videos before doing it, and they had these seemingly giant tree trunks they were bending over, while mine felt tiny and delicate. I do have fans blowing on them, but just curious what else I can do to make them stronger?
@ConcreteBudz @alexankh @Pinboy @VirginiaGrowBoy @Storm @1HappyPappy

1 Like

LST will help strengthen the stems. silica will as well, although soil has it already,

regarding your hooks coming out of the soil, you can make them longer so they go deeper into your pot, and that will help keep them in place. I make mine so they reach the bottom of the pot.

1 Like

Mine don’t quite reach the bottom, but I made them pretty long, and bent the end to hold it in there. My first try had these little “limbo sticks”, and the plants just pushed them aside lol. Lesson learned

Day 15. All 3 girls have responded well to LST, and all are facing upright again. I watered today, using roughly 2 gal between the 3 plants. I bottom fed them, and then saturated the top till runoff, so I’m certain they have the proper amount of water. Also mixed in some root stimulator for good measure, and brought pH to 6.7 before watering

2 Likes

Be careful watering to run off this early in the game and 2gals between 3 plants that small seems kind of alot. My two full flower plants take 1 gal each and there alot bigger. They look great though! Just be careful too much water can cause the plants growth to slow down

2 Likes

I’ve been actively paying attention to my watering schedule, and letting them dry out between. Just seemed like it wasn’t getting saturated, and honestly, I felt like it was too much water too, but they were drinking it up. So now it’ll be about 3 days before I water again

1 Like

Day 16. Checked the girls this morning, wanted to see how they responded to being watered yesterday, and aside from a couple spots where I splashed some water on the leaves, all seem to still be growing well. Full disclosure, I had one of the pots on my table last night, shearers in hand, ready to try topping or fimming, but my beautiful wife talked me out of it. So, I’m going to resist all further urges to cut anything lol. However, after the lst, I noticed there’s a couple leaves touching the soil, should those be removed? Or wait till they yellow out?
Anyhow, here’s what you all came to see, the girls looking happy this morning. :grin:

3 Likes

Question, it seems my grow bags are holding onto quite a bit of moisture, would it be beneficial to put something underneath them to allow them to let more water out? Like a lifter or riser or something, just to get em off the floor a couple inches to allow more drainage?

Anyhow, girls are looking good this morning, still growing pretty steady. I started leaving the ventilation running full time to promote as much air circulation as possible, figured this would pull some more CO2 into the tent as well. I keep rotating the plants and pots, just to give them all good access to light, and have started tucking and bending some of the leaves down and out of the way. With these being sativa, I’m hoping to get them tall enough to use my net for a scrog. Just need more branch growth first.

1 Like