Amnesia Haze Auto 1st timer, Help

I saw on an earlier thread someone had a 4ft tall AH auto thats still in veg and mine are only 10" on avg., are already flowering and don’t seem to be getting taller. I also have 1 runt that’s only a few inches. I was thinking about maybe trying to feed that one idk. Shouldn’t they be taller??

1 Like

Autos grow however they want and when. Reason why I don’t grow them. I’ve seen tall ones and short ones. Each seed is going to be genetically different. Just like humans having children. Our parents was A+ and so am I. My sister on the other hand is O-.

3 Likes

I strongly suspect that lack of light stunted these plants. Were they outside at all? Did they get artificial light indoors, and if so, what kind?

4 Likes

I suspect they were left outside in the cold but I’m not sure since I am not always with them. Could have been low light. I’ve set them up with an indoor box with lights now but I’m afraid it’s too late. But what to do moving forward. I still have 5 seeds to crack.

I’m afraid what you see is what you get on this one. The bud will fatten up but it won’t grow much. autos are finicky and my experience with them so far has been going into flower around week 3 from germination. Doesn’t allow very much time to do anything without running the risk of shock/stunting the plant or hermie. Happened to me last grow. One nug plants. Fat as hell but only 8 grams dry lol you will learn from experience. I used the 2 plants as experiments with wet/dry trim. Ice bath/dark period. Peroxide bath vs non. Flush vs non flush. But I now know what I did wrong that stunted them both and caused them to recover into flowering. Will no longer transplant autos and humidity is crucial in the early stages. Good luck and keep learning

2 Likes

Cold can stunt cannabis. Exactly what light are you using indoors?

This is the stuff I bought for them when I suspected there was a problem. The ph was a little off on the runt. But idk if that’s even the right type of lights. I’m just going by the light gauge and thermostat.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums Cappy, this is not your first post but it seems you are just starting out so welcome none the less.

Nothing wrong with the plant or the seeds it’s showing you how un ideal the conditions are that you made it live in😉
While others here may not like autos I love them😋
I personally wouldn’t waste energy on any lights on that plant, not worth it wait for the pistils to go mostly brown/orange and then cut it, dry it and cure it. Go buy a 15$ amazon USB microscope and start collecting big glass jars with lids, this plant will give you experience with the end stages of flower to dry, and cure. So that your not doing it for the first time on your second grow.

I say that because this plant is a near write off so if you want we could dive into everything you did wrong for the past 2 months or so or we could work now on prepping your next grow. I prefer the latter so that’s where I’m going to go with this until you say otherwise.

What is your situation?
your resources in terms of space, time and of course budget?
How many plants can you/want to grow?
Is this indoor or outdoor because it seems as if it’s been sort of a throw soil in a plastic pot, plant seed and put it in a window /outside and see how it does.

Don’t sweat it though I’ll show you my first auto, see it there on the right?

Compared to now

Notice the difference in lighting, pot, and you can’t tell but soil was a big factor and then learning things like PH’ing water and when to add and when not to add nutrients, humidity, temperatures… Etc

5 Likes

@Nicky boy that’s a big difference… Lol

1 Like

About a 4oz difference yup lol, and if you go read the grow journal for the first 2 months Temps and humidity were all wacked because I was in a new setup in a new room… Yeah all brand new

2 Likes

I just started indoor for the first time thought they were auto’s turned out photos… Thank goodness because I’ve had alot of time to fix my learning curve… Lol just started my autos ( for real) and hope it’s a smooth ride.:sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I did one photo one auto not knowing one was a photo, the one on the left up there is a photo and as you can see it ended up taking the abuse much better. Autos are great but you need to know the basics and have good stable genetics.

Here is how the photo On the left above in other post (Dutch treat👌) turned out

In comparison to the auto, granted I learned to late for the auto.

2 Likes

@Nicky Lol. Big difference… Autos are not very forgiven for sure! I have 5 going right now 4 in 5gal pots and 1 in a solo cup I’ll transplant just to see how big of a difference it make in the end. Everything I’ve read is… start in the pot your growing In reducing the stress.

4 Likes

You are pretty much spot on…
I got ten Amesia Haze autos. I cracked five and went from there. Totally expecting a huge learning curve but I like to learn by doing when possible. I knew the first few were gonna take some lumps but I’m totally good with the feedback and would really appreciate any advice on moving forward with the next 5 and any recommendations on different seeds for the next batch. I have a about 8ft × 6ft building with power. I too also potted these up. Didnt use cloth baskets. My lighting schedule was terrible. All that. But I’m here to learn and I’m ready to start prepping for the next batch.

4 Likes

I’d like to grow 5 next. Then ten after that.

2 Likes

Time is no issue and budget is less than 1k.

5 Likes

Ain’t it

1 Like

What kinda babies you got there?

1 Like

When did you plant these seeds? And when did it start to show pistils?

1 Like

@Cappy Gorilla’s day 18

1k budget can get you set up nicely… Don’t skimp on the light! That’s the most important tool to get. Most of us didn’t spend what we should have upfront and had to later.

Also welcome to ILGM… Great family they’ll definitely get you pointed in the right direction for sure!

4 Likes