Amber before cloudy?

I’ve heard that as well, but I think depleting the soil of nutrients for 2 weeks isn’t going to have a big affect on what is already ripening in the bud.

I do flush… But I do it because if it isn’t helping or hurting, at least it saves me the cost of nutrients for the last 2 weeks. Last grow one caught me by surprise, and didn’t get flushed… She is damn fine smoke, and I can’t taste any chemicals.

4 Likes

Since I’m chopping it anyways can’t I just flush it anyways? It’s not like it’s gonna be alive afterwards anyway lol and also once hanging you let it dry for what is it like 10 days and then cure it for like another 10-14?

Well… Don’t take this wrong, but you are the only one that can decide. There isn’t a right or wrong answer. If you start flushing by going water-only now, it’d take 2 weeks to have much affect, and you’d have a lot more amber. Now if you mean washing (after chop) that isn’t flushing, but I do recommend it.

I use 2 5 gallon buckets. Bucket one gets 4 gallons of distilled water plus one cup hydrogen peroxide (3%) and bucket two gets 4 gallons of distilled water. Dip, swish gently for 20-30 seconds in bucket one, repeat in bucket two. Hang to dry with a fan blowing on them until the water is removed, and then hang to dry as normal.

1 Like

Gotcha so once done with peroxide, leave a fan blowing till they’re not dripping then leave them for ten days or so then start curing. Is it a amount of dryness/moisture to the buds when hanging before you wanna take them down from hanging?

2 Likes

Let me refer you to a previous post of mine on the topic. :wink:

(Easier than typing)

1 Like

You’re the best! Will be harvesting tonight, pretty nervous for my first time lol don’t wanna mess anything up. Gonna chop it down snip the leaves off and hang it to dry. Thank you! And I know this is the whole purpose and to smoke n tbh this may sound stupid but I’m gonna miss the plant lol I’ve spent a TON of time with it doing all I can and a ton of time on here. Seeing it gone kinda feels like missing a piece of me lolol. I know how it sounds but maybe it’s just cuz it’s my first plant I grew.

1 Like

You did great! Enjoy!

1 Like

100% agree with Newt above, my only suggestion would be to make sure you have the area ready that you plan to hang and dry, and start get the right temp, and humidity ready. She looks great like Newt said flushing is a personal preference so is putting in dark for 48 hrs, before chop. If planing on chopping soon no need to flush. Great job I might be wrong will re tag newt to check, but if grown indoors unless you have had issues with bugs or pest I don’t see the reason to wash. I’m a Newbie my self but all I do is indoor and thought the only reason to wash is to take care of any problems like Mold, or pest ? @Newt could please chime back in, would hate to give bad or wrong advice thanks

1 Like

The H2O2 will kill any mold spores that may be lurking. And the water will wash off a lot of dust, hairs and fibers from form you clothes. It’s optional, but having seen what washes out, I’ll always wash.

6 Likes

Thank u newt for the clarification I might just start washing my self then

2 Likes

I agree with Bobby d in ways as alot of the clear looks on a foxtail part. It’s all dependant on how much couch lock u want if any. If none it looks that time to water only and chop or however ur gonna do it. And yes it’s so much easier to evaluate a grow in 1 particular place

Here are a couple pics of cloudy triches. And 1 with clear. Sorry I don’t have a lot of clear trich pics. See how glassy the clear ones are

4 Likes

My exact sentiment. I mean it’s a good practice but definitely not necessary. Weed does grow in dirt and a little dirt won’t hurt

1 Like

Truth and you don’t even need to PH the water

1 Like

She’s cut down and got the peroxide treatment. Now she’s been hanging up drying for a hour or so getting the excess water off them. Then ofc on to hanging normally. I appreciate everybody’s help with this grow! Couldn’t do it without you guys!

5 Likes

Congrats on the harvest there’s nothing better than smoking weed you grew yourself. Now comes the hard part, waiting for a proper cure.

4 Likes

congrats

1 Like

So I noticed this morning after hanging all night the buds aren’t near as strong smelling. While in the pot they were super strong. Is that normal and comes back when curing? Also we’re superrrrrr sticky it was like literal glue on my fingers.

2 Likes

The smell will change a lot during dry/cure. At some point they may even smell like hay. All normal.

6 Likes

Ahhh that makes sense. Then after curing they will bring that good smell back?

2 Likes