Amazing development

So I just want to brag for a moment.
Considering my 275 watt household LED lighting setup and my budget on this grow, I’m simply amazed at the development on some of my youngest plants. The girl pictured is only 17 days from seed. She’s working on her 6th & 7th nodes and only at about 4 inches tall.

5 Likes

Your off to a good start! Remember that their needs will change as they get older. What type of seeds are these? I notice some bubbling (that is what I call it) on the first pick lower outer leaves and wonder how close your lights are to the plant…maybe light burn?

3 Likes

They are bagseed, so I’m unsure of the strain. This plant had her first set of leaves come out slightly mishapen but she’s been growing nicely since so I’m not worried about it.

1 Like

I have another girl that is closer to the lights cuz she’s a little older and she loves it.

5 Likes

Looking pretty good…

Fyi, it’s easy for me to grow in the veg cycle on very low wattage but where the higher wattage comes into play is during flower development.

I run about 175-200 watts in veg on one tent but boost it up from about 300-400 when I initiate flower

5 Likes

All my plants are grown indoor/outdoor. I start them inside and when all danger of frost is passed and the ground is warm enough they will all be moved outside. So the light setup I have is for but a short period of their life, just to get them off to a good start.

No matter how much I spend on my indoor environment, it’ll never compare to the environment provided by nature.

6 Likes

Plus I live in town, in an illegal state. So, flowering plants indoors is a no go for me.

1 Like

You’re going to end up cutting a lot of them branches off. My little 55 watt CFL gets node spacing not tight and I always end up cutting some off

I’d say ur good especially since ur going to be putting them outside. I’d say the more lower growth the better if it’s going outdoors.

1 Like

Thanks! The smaller plant pictured I’m gonna let grow naturally (simply because I have yet to let a plant do that lol) I’m also doing a couple mainlines and a flux with a couple other plants.

1 Like

Nice nice. Wow it going to have a forest outside. Btw I’m in town and in an illegal state and just finished an indoor crop 1 month ago. U can flower in town indoors u just need to have a sealed area and carbon filters on vents

1 Like

Yeah I could if I really wanted to but Idk if I can justify spending the extra money on an endeavor that will yield a percentage of what I’d yield outdoors.

I dont blame u there. But makes for a winter run if u wanted to lol.

1 Like

I live in similar scenario, wouldn’t dream of flowering outside on my property.

3 Likes

True. I guess it all depends on your situation. If I have the ability to grow outdoors, that’s what I’m going to do. But if I couldn’t, I would definitely still invest in equipment for an indoor grow.

1 Like

Yeah u live in a place where its warm year round?

No. I wish lol I live in Missouri.

I live in minnesota and the northern half. So I feel u there.

1 Like

Fortunately, I only have about 3 more weeks til my girls will be going outside. Winter hasn’t prolonged itself in my area this year.

Nice congrats. Cant wait to see them.

1 Like