Am I starting with enough watts

Imo would pay more attention to light output than watts consumed. Some lights capable of producing a lot more light per watt than others. If you don’t have money to spend I would just run what you have and see how you do. It will either meet your expectations or indicate that you need to save some money for higher performance lights.

10 Likes

Maybe a little bit lol, now there is a very good chance these are not top bin diodes, but for the price they sure beat the crap out of blurples.

3 Likes

Hey, blurples will grow you a little bit of weed now! A little bit… lol.

1 Like

Seriously though, listen to @dbrn32 hes the master lightsmith around here.
I got a 100$ hlg because I’m on a budget. But I’ll say it’s working great. Just work with what you got and what you think would work best with your budget.

2 Likes

I know i have 2 of them, but that being said i would much rather have the QBs

2 Likes

Yo, the 65 v2 4000k is surprising me for how well it’s doing and how small it is. I’m stoked to save up and get the 135 rspec.

1 Like

I bet!!

1 Like

I wanna get a bspec later down the road when I have the extra money to play with. Lol. I bet they’re best for veg… I believe @Hellraiser uses one, right? I could ask him. Lol.

1 Like

R spec is for flower and b spec is for veg. I need to get some blue in my tent.

3 Likes

I edited, but I had bspec originally. Autocorrect…

1 Like

Autocorrect made me look dumb! Lol.

Lol its all good bro, it’s happened to me more than once.

I’m always cautious to associate with these simply out of ignorance. We have no idea whether they are top flux and bottom voltage bins, or if they are even legit lm301b/h chips. If the manufacturer claims they are, they may be. I would be inclined to feel better recommending them if they provided third party integrated sphere or gonio reports. That is becoming the unwritten industry standard anyway, and I feel any light manufacturer that wants to be taken seriously should fall in line.

That being said, even the lowest performing 301b/h is still pretty good. Been a while since I looked, but I think there was something like 10% difference in efficacy from top to bottom. If you remember, the jump from top 561c to top 301b was something like 6.8%. So while I believe accuracy should be scrutinized there should also be some considerations for cost vs performance value. Now if we’re talking about knock off epistar chips, those pretty much still garbage.

Also, there’s a good portion of folks would probably be surprised there’s not a single samsung led in current light im using. Cree 2835 he with xpg3 660nm. Won’t see a lot of them because everyone is already tooled for the 3030 Samsung, but they are right there in performance and cheaper.

5 Likes

I’m just like a my girls right now just instead of absorbing nutes its all this info about lighting haha

2 Likes

The exception rather than the rule.

2 Likes

Do you LTS your plants?

Damn cody. Lights look like the ones i just bought for half the price. My heat sink is longer tho. Can convert to the 320 if i want woth a new driver and another panel. Might just do that for the next grow afyer ygis one. Keep upping the lighting til my wife says ok is that bright enough or tells me we need to move for a bigger grow area. Im with the move and bigger area thing. Im loving do this hobby its great. Ive noticed also playing around with the girls keeps my mond busy and i havnt been getting these damn migraines as much as i usually do. Ive been going thru this for about 2 years now so whoever suffers from migraines real bad or cluster headaches is what i was diagnosed with. I feel for u. I know what it a like and its not good on some days feels like i have a demon in my head trying to break freel ol. About the only way to explain it.

1 Like

You mean lst? Lol. Yea, they’ve all been lst’d somewhat. Mostly the zkittlez I have though but i need some clips and stuff to try and lst them better on my next grow.

@Shaggy. Ii just got a non corrosive wire and made my own stakes to stake everything down to the dirt to start then when they got taller and wider i moved to string and stuff. Dollar stores usually have the black and silver metal clips they work great fir clipping strings to the sides of the fab pots. This is what ive been using for my fab pots :laughing:

We use these clips for everything. Cereal bags get held closed chip bags. U name it it hold it closed if its not a Ziploc style lol.