Am I seeing nads on my baby girl?

This has been a super weird grow. All WWAs from ILGM. My last grow went great but this time round the girls are all doing their own things even though they were all planted and are growing under almost exactly the same conditions. I have one super stunted little one and I’m pretty sure this other is going man on me. And wouldn’t it figure s/he is the best looking of the crop :weary:. Would someone confirm that these are indeed nads? They’re pretty small right now so I have time to remove it from the grow room but I’d rather do it sooner than later. And what do you think about mini girl? Will she simply grow mini buds if I leave her alone? I did top these ladies which I didn’t do on my last grow and am using some light LST.

Could it have been too stressful for them? They are about 6 weeks in to it and have definitely gone in to flower.

Thank you for any and all feedback

1 Like

Definitely a boy , and that’s why it was growing faster male plants try to be taller and get there sooner so it can shower the girls with his powdery love potion as the girls are flowering

3 Likes

Freaking males. Of course they do.

Sad for the bad news but thank you so much for confirming :worried:

1 Like

I just ordered feminized from ilgm hopefully I get what I paid for… have you reached out to them… I’m sorry you dealing with that

1 Like

@Cuba Me too. It’s very disappointing. If it’s any consolation to you I had no problem with my last grow. As long as it’s only one plant I won’t worry about it too much. If any of the others turn then I will definitely bring it up to them.

Thank you @MeEasy for confirming but I’m hoping someone can help me with the WHY so it doesn’t happen again. These were supposedly all feminized WWAs from ILGM. I understand that each seed comes from different grows but now I’m not feeling so confident about my seeds. Especially as I had one failure to thrive and this strange mini girl. So overall out of 8 that I planted I’m now down to 6. And that’s if mini girl survives. I just ordered a bunch of new ones :frowning:

Maybe @Cuba is right and I should be in touch with them…

I had a couple of those pop up on my plants as well. I just cut them off, but you should spray them with water first (neutralizes any possible pollen) and then cut off. I have been monitoring since and haven’t seen any new ones pop up, but who knows. It is very disappointing and frustrating to say the least. I would reach out to ILGM and let them know and they should make it right

2 Likes

Hey @Yamimommy I can’t link this article that I like it explains alot but I copied this below from the article so I could share it with you (note I will disable any links inside this copied info to follow forums rules) these are the main causes of a hermaphrodite

• bad genetics – the plant comes from a line of plants that naturally create hermies for no reason, even in good growing conditions
  • high stress – high temperatures, light leaks, inconsistent light schedules, as well as other types of major stress can cause a healthy plant to hermie, though some plants/strains are more susceptible than others
  • letting buds over-mature – this is also known as “rodelization;” basically when the plant’s buds have gone past maturity without being pollinated (if the grower waits way too long to harvest), a female plant may make male pollen within its buds as a last ditch effort to pollinate itself and make seeds for the next generation
  • chemical stimulation – by exposing a female plant to certain substances like colloidal silver or gibberellic acid during the early parts of the flowering stage, you can force any female plant to create pollen. This is how seedbanks get female pollen to produce feminized seeds
2 Likes

@MattyBear is this really a thing? You can neuter a plant??! Will it actually grow buds? I appreciate the suggestion and am more than happy to give it a try. There’s only those 2 that I can see so far. I’ve already separated it from the others. Is this the first time you’ve done this? I’d love to know the outcome.

@MeEasy thank you! This is excellent information. Especially the part about getting a female plant to pollinate. I don’t t think the girls were subjected to any of the outside factors so I’m going to go with genetics on this one. Did you happen to read the suggestion by @MattyBear about cutting the sacs off? Does this work? I will try do do some more research on this

1 Like

Yeah it already has pistils those are pre flower, just take the plants out into a different room or outside if you can cover the soil with plastic bag or similar spray it all off with water take off any of the male parts, you can tell the female because they will have pistils/white hairs coming out of them, then spray it with water again. You don’t have to kill the plant with a jet spray just a hand sprayer is fine. Spraying the rest of the plants wouldn’t hurt if you think any balls opened no need for a bag either the bag was so if any pollen falls you wash it off instead of taking it back inside.

2 Likes

Yep, had the same thing happen on a blueberry auto. Just snipped it off and no others showed up. She finished normally

3 Likes

@BobbyDigital @MeEasy I am hoping the same for me. 3 ILGM (all diff strains) hermed or at least showed a couple of the nutz. Not having anything else to run at the moment, and using this a a learning experience, I decided to let them ride. Keeping an eye daily and no new sacs, fingers crossed. Ill hope for the best for you guys too.

Seeing more of this re strains from ILGM it seems, I did reach out and they are making me whole by sending replacements. In the end I think I over-defoliated too frequently during first 2 weeks of flower. Well see. Take care gang

2 Likes

Glad ILGM is standing by their seeds. As for my questionable plants, the one that had both pistils and sacs seems to be doing fine now. I pinched off those that I found and she seems to be going in to flower nicely. The other, that was weird from the start, I believe is a full out male. Lots of clusters and only the occasional pistil. I separated him out from the others and brought him upstairs. Now he’s a houseplant and I’m keeping him around mostly out of curiosity. Good luck with the remainder of your grow!

1 Like

You as well!!

1 Like

@Yamimommy Careful with having a male in the house they’ve been known to pollinate from room to room I’ve heard that pollen can travel through the ac ducting

1 Like

That’s good advice to know! Fortunately I don’t have a ducted house. Keeps smells to a minimum too :slight_smile:

1 Like

They will basically will stick to everything that touches , and worse thing is that they are so small you won’t notice