Am I rushing the process or start over?

Hello I need a little help. I don’t know if I am rushing the process or what… so I soaked four seeds in a paper towel and waited for roots to sprout… They did so I planted them in mother’s earth coco peat. Nothing has sprouted up yet though. I planted them on jun 8th… should there have been something by now or am I rushing the process.?
The four seeds I planted was:
Og skywalker
Strawberry Kush
Black jack
Black willow

Sometimes they take over a week. I wouldn’t stress.

1 Like

Okay thank you because I am stressing

2 Likes

How deep did you plant them? Did you “pack down” the coco on top of them? Maybe they’re having trouble breaking ground. If they already had tap roots, they should have sprouted by now, I would think. I agree, give them a little longer, but perhaps the tap roots were damaged.

2 Likes

You could also ever so slightly blow over the top of the coco to see if they are trying to break through. Well I did that on one and it worked.

3 Likes

Wait…any relation to @Unkindtay? lol

1 Like

Who me?

No, @Extratay424 and @Unkindtay, two tays lol

3 Likes

No lol no relation @elheffe702

I think I did kind put them a little two deep… how much longer do you think I should give them… @elheffe702 @Growyourown @Jbum

Temps? Humidity? How long were the taproots when you planted them? Seedlings like it a little more humid if I’m not mistaken . I find that If I raise my humidity they sprout up out of the soil faster. I use FFOF though.

2 Likes

I actually just started two AMH Autos. On the 5th I Let them sit in a glass of water until they sink when touched. Usually 8 hrs. I then put them in a damp paper towell, and place in dark tent with temp 80° humidity 60% on the 7th I checked and both taproots we’re about 1/2 In. Which is perfect. Planted them 3/4In ( for me the first portion of my pinky finger works perfect) Iin soil and lightly covered. On the morning of the 9th both were above soil and had hoped their casing off. Make sure to keep the topsoil damp. I use a mist bottle. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Yep, keep a dome over them, and it should stay pretty moist. I’d give them maybe 10 days total since you put them in coco, then try again if you don’t see anything by then. I usually put mine in either starter plugs or directly into the soil as soon as they sink in water and a drop or two of h2o2 in a shot glass. And I only put them 1/2 - 3/4" deep.

2 Likes

My laugh for the day :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

You only get the one? Man, that must suck.

1 Like

Hope you get some ladies going soon! Here are mine this morning.

3 Likes

There can only be one :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha! I’m all out of likes.

I put them in about a 1/2 inch

Is it alright to start them straight in the 3 gallons bags.? @LangyPang