Am I Ready to grow?

This is my first time… My beans are arriving tomorrow and I’m going over my check list.
Before I discovered this place I had already put this package together. I’m hoping I that I made some ok decisions, and would like to know if there is anything that I might have overlooked and will be needing to complete a grow. Here’s the package I decided on.
Mars hydro FC-6500
Vivosun 4×4 Tent
Spider Farmer 6" 200 CFM Ventilation
5 gal. Cloth Bags w catch pans
Vivosun Ph and TDS tester
Ph soil tester
Temp and humidity reader
2- 6" Clamp on fans
Homemade soil mix
I will be using Fox Farm fertilizer.
GSE beans
If anyone sees a problem or anything I may be needing your input would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

PS: GSCE autoflower

Sounds good to me. Set it up and snap us some pics. I would suggest adding an inkbird thermostat, and an old school thermometer up high at light level.

Do you have a dedicated air conditioned room just for this setup?

1 Like

Yes, it will be in a air condition room.

1 Like

Looks like you are ready to grow and welcome to the community.

2 Likes

If that’s one of the probes that you stick into soil, don’t rely on it. To get a more accurate ph level in soil you will need to take runoff readings with your ph meter. Good Luck on your first growing adventure. If you need any help or advice, your in the right place on forum.

4 Likes

Get ph & ppm meters that read your nutrient solutions and runoff. I started with low end amazon basic pens. Moved up to Apera ph20 and blue lab conductivity pens. They are dependable and accurate pieces of equipment that I use several times a week.

5 Likes

The trio? I started with the trio. You will need CalMag. Always seem to have to add calcium with most fertilizers.

3 Likes

Advice taken, added to list
Thanks

Good you won’t have the heat issues so many new growers have. You germinated your seeds yet?

1 Like

Good to know, my concern is will it be ok only being able to bring fresh air into the room is through the vents and under the door return. I have no way to bring in fresh air from the outside.

Seeds arriving tomorrow!!!
Anticipation bout to get the best of me. Lol

1 Like

Ull be fine just getting freah air from a room no need to get from outside. The more ppl in the room ur plants get the fresh air from the better dogs cats anything breathing will get co2 levels up more also not alot but better than noone being there breathing lol.

1 Like

Some peeps have luck with cheap ph meters. I bought one of the lil yellow jobbies broke after 1 drop. Bought another, kept calibration for a week and then was uncalibratable. Bought one of these.

Works a million times better. It has 3 features I love. 1) very. Durable. They have a YouTube vid I’ll post bellow they are pretty tough on it in the vid. I wouldn’t smack one of those cheapies around like that. A Practical Tip to Help You Get Stable Readings Quickly - YouTube
2) PH is affected by water temp, this ph pen takes the temp into account when reading. Not all do.
3) it has a lil smiley Icon that will pop up when the reading has stabilized so you know when it’s done testing
Oh and did I mention it’s also water proof. I tested that part myself in a 5 gallon water jug.
Great light choice. I have a fc3000 myself. I like it a lot.

2 Likes

How many plants should I put in the 4×4 tent? I was going to go with 6 plants but when I put the 5 gal bags in it looks like 5 might be a better way to go.

I have had 5 in a 3X3. 4 5 gallon cloth pots and one 3.5 gallon airpot. Tower fan and humidifier inside.

1 Like

8 if you don’t mind pulling the front one out to water but 6 is good for a 1st timer you may also want depending on your climate a good small humidifier would be good and you’ll almost certainly need ph down ,also with auto flowers do half strength trio fertilizer. Ohh and do you have a digital timer you can start with 24 hours but I recommend switching to 20/4

1 Like

Yes sir, I do have a timer and already picked up a bottle of the Fox Farm ph up and down. Great info, Thanks

1 Like

New to growing ins on kinda larger scale myself. Been around the block w/ deps n outs up top out west. Advice would be start small (few plants), one strain, keep area clean, do not overdo urself aka make sure u can get to all ur girls, get timer Incase ur not home or hit snooz 1-2 many times, have ph reader, moisture meter, make sure airflow is good, always have tent and light for bigger grow than u have bc some girls like to grow (better to have the area and light then to have to move girls to make tent bigger). But honestly the most important thing is too not overwater! That was my main issue, always wanting to be around them, showing them love, when in actuality I was hurting them. It really isn’t hard to grow if u stick to the basics and learn as u go. But when first starting out u tend to forget about the basics bc they r so gorgeous and u just want to shower them with love. Leave them alone at nap time during flower even tho it is hard to not want to check up on them(they will show love back if u don’t bother them when napping). Do not stress about nutes, just feed them at half recommended dose. Fungus gnats suck so take control early, hope this helps and again im in my second “real” grow indoors but I’ve had my fair share of mess ups!

1 Like

That reminds me learn how to do the pickup method of measuring your soil saturation pick them at full saturation to figure out their max weight then when it only takes slight effort they need watering and if they’re feather light then you probably need to cut your watering intervals by a day ( with coco I start with 4>3>2 schedule I know people say to water daily but my organic style works better this way, with soil I’d start with a 5 day cycle starting 1 week after sprouting)