Am I loooking at thrips? Late flower

You can always put some daddy long legs around your plants :wink::facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

@grizZz
I finally see why people say I’m outta likes !!!
Wouldn’t let me …

They are all over my sunflowers

1 Like

@Lacewing yeah I’m not a fan of spraying anything on my plants but I’d really like this girl to make it to the end. I would definitely do a bud wash if I decide to spray. I’m gonna go look around for some ladybugs,we usually have quite a few around here. Outdoor can be a pain in the butt. If it’s not bugs it’s pollen from all the nearby hemp farms

1 Like

Look for a praying mantis or jumping spider also

3 Likes

I’ve got a Cousin in Kentucky that farms for CBD. I don’t know a whole lot about it other than he has to use clones.

1 Like

@Pinboy
Yes outdoor is a battle but I was in no shape to set up an indoor grow and I’m still under the hide your plants as best you can laws lol (illegal)

There is a product called safe grow on Amazon and that’s all I’d ever recommend to anyone who doesn’t want to use pesticide

It’s a biocide made from plant oils and some type of food grade emulsion to make the oils and water blend better
It’s a foilar spray and it works and you can spray it on buds at 2% and it won’t harm them or burn the white hairs

Also the customer support is literally the best ever
They personally text you until your happy or they refund your money

I used it on a plant that turned out to be a male …but it worked great with only 2 applications and i still have most of it left

You’d only need a hand pump continuous sprayer

1 Like

:arrow_up:Out of likes but am already investing in this method :sunglasses::ok_hand:t2:

Plant based for plants = yup I’m sold until it doesn’t work :rofl:

3 Likes

What kind of kill percentage would you say the lacewings and ladybugs have?? I’ve had a could issues with tiny beetles and cabbage worms. And can they be used with anything else to help keep the invasive pests away?

1 Like

@grizZz
I was actually searching Amazon for predatory insects and that came up …on top of all of it …
And at that point I wasn’t really sold on the predator bugs …not that they wouldn’t work but I never really handled them before …

Now I go out to my front yard and every day can find a lacewing larve roaming around on this begonia I have in a large black pot

I just grab a branch off these wild flowers I didn’t cut because I saw so many pollinators by them I figured let em bee :honeybee: lol see what I did there ?

Anyway I use a branch with leaves and lure the lacewing on it
And just put the branch near my plant till it crawls onto my plant

I’m amazed at how almost any given time I can go find one out here

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a few around here, no way I could do outdoor photos with getting seeded. The autos however…

1 Like

@Pinboy
Yeah that must suck
I know my neighbors across the street have 7 plants way back in their yard
The wind only blows from their house to mine during a Nor Easter
I guess bees could possibly pollinate who knows ? I heard they aren’t attracted to female flowers as much as male tho
I will eventually be trying autos
I really like photos so far …

2 Likes

Lol now I’m gonna go luck for lacewing and ladybugs? I better smoke up 1st!!!

2 Likes

@Pinboy
I’m sure you’ll find something !!
Those buds are calling!!! Come and pick me…come and pick me …

Lol good luck

1 Like

@Borderryan22
I would personally avoid the lady bugs only because they sell you adults and they don’t stay around …
The lacewing or minute pirate will take care of the larve and eggs of the pest insect
Google it there’s so much info about them …

Also google the pest you are having problems with and then google it’s predator …

Also the safe grow product I have mentioned previously is another great natural solution to a lot of pest problems
Look up safe grow on Amazon

As far as the kill percentage I think it depends on the size of infestation and how many predator bugs you can release

However both of the predatory insects I mentioned eat hundreds of pest insects in their lifetime which is about 4 weeks for the lacewing
But could be much longer with the minute pirate because that bug will reproduce on your plant provided there’s a good food source

1 Like

Never thought to do that. I’ll definitely check out the lace wings and safe grow. I’m really interested in the predator bugs. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

@Borderryan22
No problem at all …that’s what I did
Also there’s a free app called seek by naturalist
It will identify any insect plant,etc……large help when you don’t know what something is !!

2 Likes

Lacewing for the win :grin:

1 Like

I’m checking the app now and looking at all the predator critters tonight. I knew ladybugs and praying mantis’, but never thought there could be loooooots more. Happy growing!!!

2 Likes

@grizZz
Yes very aggressive
I had some dirt stuck around the container …and there was one roaming around and just sifting through the dirt and heaving it off the container
It then found a small insect and it just sucked the life out and tossed it aside

I have to try and film when I see it

1 Like

@Borderryan22
I never had any intentions of learning about insects or nature in general …until I wanted to try and grow weed …lol
One of those things you don’t expect to get into …it’s just a good idea especially for outdoor growers to also research other plants that attract the predators naturally to your property !! That will make your job 10000000000 times easier and you’d never need pesticides

1 Like