Am I impatient? Or am I stuck in Flower?

Hey guys, question for anyone who can help.
I am hoping I am just being impatient! This is my first successful “Flowering” Momma.
She began shooting pistils for about 2 weeks before I switched her to 12/12. She lights outdoors, and then blacked out, indoors in climate/humidity controlled closet. For about 4 weeks I’m still only getting pistils. I know that’s normal, bud hardly any buds are forming. Please tell me I’m being impatient haha? Just feel like she should be filling (budding) out more. Your guys thoughts? Appreciate everyone

3 Likes

You’re still very early into flower by the looks, how long since you went to a 12/12 cycle?

1 Like

You giving nutrients? I think you are just being impatient like so many other growers.

You can’t rush a good thing. I would pick some of those bottom leaves off. Don’t go crazy. You need to get light in. :+1:

2 Likes

Hey MrPeat,
I’m actually 100% organic. I feed no nutrients, only PH balance water. Proud of that hahaha.
Just organic soil mixed with 2tablespoons of silica sand. (My mom taught me that one).
But good, glad to know I’m trying to rush it in my head…thanks for the reply.

3 Likes

Hey Riley_ss
She’s been 12/12 for just at 2 weeks.
You count the flower cycle from the 12/12 and not the pistils right?

2 Likes

Once she starts flowering is when you want to start the time. But remember the breeders time listed is just for perfect growing conditions. You need to add 2 more weeks to what they say and she is already flowering. :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you.
Now that I’m a member, I will def post updates.
Can’t wait to see her in full bloom!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community ! your plant looks good keep taking care of her let those buds fatten up.

2 Likes

Cool, and thank you Kellydans.
Does anyone have a keen enough eye to spot the strain? I do believe it is Either Sour Diesel Or Grape Ape

2 Likes

Good luck trying to identify it by looks alone. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

When they start showing pistils just means she’s sexually mature. Typically the flowering begins 1-2 weeks after switching to 12/12 but if you’re showing a lot of pistols prior to flip, she may start flowering right away. When the pistils start forming a crown or buttons on the tops you know you’re officially in flower. The plant looks great and I’d guess at about 1-2 weeks into flower.

3 Likes

We dont really know very much about this plant? It could be an auto? 12/12 may not even matter? Organic soil can mean almost anything these days, is that top soil? Has it be ammended? Is it a built up Supersoil? Is it made from composts and earthworms?
What I can say is by the looks of thise buds, she has just started and depending on the strain may have 2 months left to flower! Maybe more?

2 Likes

Dude…I don’t even know what the heck “Supersoil” is. It said Organic on the bag I bought from the nursery. Is that like a major sin?
I have one plant, not a 100 plant grow op.
Could be an auto since it Preflowered in about 70-80 Days, but I don’t know.
And again…this is my first grow. Was just looking for insight, which I got from everyone else who replied. Didn’t know know I was supposed to give a complete biological breakdown of every aspect of the plant.

2 Likes

Well no, its not a sin… :laughing: but the typical scenario is a person has an issue with a plant or many plants, its super common you are not alone! They arenusually asked to fill out a support ticket… top of the page is a search magnifying glass looking thing, simpmy type support ticket there.
That asks all the needed information and you answer what you know. Then we have a better understanding of the nature of your situation.
Not trying to be confrontational at all. Its like going to the doctor… he wants as much info as he can get to try and determine the nature of the chief complaint.

3 Likes

Bobby do you have a copy of the support ticket on hand for the OP @BobbyDigital ?
Im at work kinda … :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

If you are fully organic, like my weed, unless your water is way off like 1.5 points either way, the soil will do a fine job of buffering. Your plants look real good? They are reaching hard in the photos. Some strains do take a long time to get into flower, its just a thing sadly. Some never really amount to much too. On the flip side you could get a hulking huge cola that sucks to smoke? Its really a crap shoot with weed! Good luck and have fun!

2 Likes

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

Hey guys, yeah wasn’t try to come off jerkish either, apologies if I did.
Strain - Possibly either Sour Diesel or Grape Ape
Seed - Bag Seed from One of the two strains above.
Method - Organic Soil (Kellogs?) Organic Garden/Flower Soil + A couple tablespoons of pure Silica Sand to prevent compacting…it works for me.
Vessel - 2.5 Gal Pot
Water - PH balanced (soil hovers right at 7) Dont check runoff
Nutrient Solution - N/A
Lights - Outdoors full sun 7:30am - 7:30pm
Something like 30k lumens in sun
Lights out - Closed, weather stripped, light proofed closet (checked, ZERO light leaks)
Temps/Humidity
Outside Texas temps, so yeah
Lights out - 72-75 - Humidity - 40-50%
Good fan in closet, air circulates well
Co2 - N/A
Main concern that it was somehow stuck since the pistils have been growing for so long 4-5 weeks without any fattening. However my crowns are starting to fatten and getting firm.
I topped my Cola, and got 4 as a replacement so that was nice haha. Thank you all!

1 Like

3 Days later and things are looking great.
Latest pictures…

7 Likes

So, now I am fairly certain she is an Auto.
This pic was taken March 18th. Obviously beginning Veg. Just at 90 days and she’s 3-4 weeks into flower. That would make her an Auto right? She has been on 12/12 for 3 weeks. Should I keep up with the 12/12 or maybe go 18/4?
What do y’all think?

2 Likes