Am I having light burn?

Hello everyone, I just started my 2nd grow, indoors, first one didn’t workout for me, but I am not giving up, all of you have helped me n the site all on itself. So I decided to try again… from bagseed and praying they help me and live this time. They were germinated on 10/24/2019, 10/26, and 11/5. Im seeing lil gnats in soil and flying at times. I saw the answer for that, I have fly hangers, glad to know that’s good, but I’m having issues with the ends turning blackish. It’s only on the leaves closest to the lights, but I’m not good at this yet, I’m working on it. Waiting on my fem seeds to come in the mail. Until I do can yal just look at the pics and tell me, what u think I’m doing wrong if anything, n if they look healthy. The temp stay around 78 to 80 degrees and I try to keep the humidity at around 50.

see the burnt looking tips… the solo cup one… is it too big now for that cup, n I know I know I gotta not put two in the same pot… I did bc I had nothing else, and they all started growing same time…10/24, solo cup, da 26th… do it suppose to be growing in between the noses this fast, it it my lights? So confused. I started feeding it off grow big a week ago, n eat gets dry very quick, like daily now.

3 Likes

Rule of thumb, if then leaves are past the edges of container it’s time to pot up. I also only do one plant per pot.

8 Likes

I am with the @Familyman pot up and those plants will thank you, and take off quickly.

3 Likes

Replant them the roots are starving and you need space to grow, try air pots .

3 Likes

I agree with @Familyman. Only one plant per pot. Even with vegetable plants. Much better outcome

3 Likes

I think the above advice will fix your issues, and I see no signs of light burn. What type of light do you use and how far away from plants? Two plants in one container is trouble unless you plant in something large and plan to leave that way. The roots get intertwined.

2 Likes

Ok, sorry I took a while, I been in flu zone. But thanks for the advice, I feel that. I was only keeping it so long, bc I saw another topic, and the guy used solo cups and didn’t pot up until it was very tall. Sative do grow up. I surely learned. I also learned about the 2in1 pot. I am waiting on my smart post, everything is transplanted, but the two of them. Been waiting for about 2wks now. I have 5gallon ones, but is that too big yet? :thinking:They are just 3weeks.

Yes, I have learned the 2in one pot. I was gifted a plant, and it had 2. It ended up dying, the roots were all messed up and tangled. I later on found out it had root rot, which made the roots already tangled. So both of them just made my head hurt.:pensive:. I did it temp this time I even have the separated under the dirt. I learned trust me. Thanks for all your advice. Please keep checking on me, I appreciate any help.

1 Like

Ty for that!!! I am going to take them out tomorrow for sure. Too many people telling me it’s bad, and that pot I have the two bigger ones in now…

all else in the pics on 11/1219, yesssss I transplanted everything!!! I really did. The gnats were nagging me, with me seeing them in the dirt really scared me.
I would see maybe 2 or so daily when I check on them. So i checked some more to see what i can use, everybody with that topic, said neem. It’s not killing them. They said the sticky pads and the fly trap. I now see that it was more than i thought.i sprayed though, before I put any new plantsin new dirt. Advice well taken😉

1 Like

Oh sorry I forgot about the lights question.
I am using a led grow bulb from Lowe’s, says 13w, a plant grow light, it’s a strip like light(long), its led and its red and blue lights only, it is 17w, then I have 2 long plant lights lights that fit in a fish tank . 18 inches, both 9w, I have a red tone grow bulb that it is 13w as well, I have my last one…:smirk:which a 60w grow bulb. All of them say full spectrum, and they seem to be.:clap:. I have the 3way soil tester, for moisture, light, and ph. It said it was dark, at first. So I went looking for lights, found everything at Lowe’s, home depot, and Walmart. It helped too. Now my lights are​:ok_hand:. Ph was 7 yesterday. My moisture dial. is right in the middle. All of that seems ok. I read, if growing in coco and perlite, you have to add your own calcium, and magq, is that true? Ty again for the advice.:+1:

1 Like

I’m pretty new myself, but the top most important tool you need is lights. It’s their food. I highly recommend checking Amazon for some cheap LEDs before you flower. Otherwise you seem to be on track.

@Rureelaziam you must feed and/or water almost everyday in coco, and water to 15% runoff! Your lights need a major overhaul if you are planning on getting good quality and quantity. Although not cheap I suggest checking out Horticulture Lighting Group, GrowersLights or other reputable source for components, which DIY is the cheapest way to killer lighting. The distance you desire between Nodes is something you will need to work on (each grow op and strain is going to be a little different) until you find what works for your setup. Light intensity and placement are the two factors that you can control to best set node spacing. You are going to need a decent TDS and PH meter also. If you need help with anything put @ in front of persons handle(name) and they will get back to you. Welcome to ILGM forum man!

1 Like