Am I doing it right

Seen a few plants that look like the leaves all close together. This is about three weeks old. But looks long. It’s outside.

1 Like

Some of the length can be genetics, but typically it stretches out like that because it needs more light. Be sure to have your outdoor plants in a location that receives as much direct sunlight as possible.

2 Likes

Heatwave here in Ontario. Leaves were curling so I shaded them a bit for now. Been outside a week now in full sun.

1 Like

I’m growing outdoors in Ontario too, but I never moved my girls out of the sun during the heat waves we’ve had recently. If anything I just water them as needed each day during the heat wave.

2 Likes

Mines didn’t look like they were doing to well in the sun. Pot a bit big to be watering every day. Still wet from the pouring rain. Not drying out as fast as a small pot I guess. Just over three weeks old now and look like maybe turned a corner. First time grow so pretty excited on how he/she may turn out.

@5torm,

First I would like to Welcome you to ILGM and to our world of growing. And don’t forget to check other threads. Theres alot of info and nice people here.

Ya you plant looks very nice myfriend. But i would add a little more dirt around the plant. Say an inch or so other wise she looks awesome

I would have to cover up the small cotyledons on bottom to add soil. Would that be ok.

Yep that will be fine. Nice little plant there :grinning:

1 Like

I just looked at your weather… Your heatwave would be a nice break here. lol

1 Like

So adding soil above the cotyledons will be ok. Just confirming what you said. Lol.

They will die off in a couple of days anyway. Cut them off and add soil for additional support and mass for heat / water

Do I let the soil dry out a bit before adding new stuff. Or add new stuff and water that in.
Thanx.

If they need watering now, add soil and water. If water in a day or 2, add soil then. Main thing is to not over water seedlings.

2 Likes