Am I close to harvest? First grow

I’ve made every mistake I could with my first grow, and am amazed my plants are even still alive. I don’t want to make another by harvesting too soon. It appears most of my pistols have turned amber and I’m starting to see an amber tri here and there on the calyxes. My fingers are also getting sticky when I’m handling the buds for photos, probably for the last week or so. There is also some strangle salt like crystals on one of my plants - no idea what it is or where it came from.

2 Likes

I believe you have a little more time before harvest. I’m trying to figure out what those crystals are. I’m going to tag a couple of people who may have some ideas about them. @Covertgrower @Oldguy have you guys ever seen anything like this.

1 Like

I saw the original post in the journal. I have no idea, saw someone said skin flakes. I suppose it’s possible, but i try removing one, and poking at it. Any smoke? Ashes? Just throwing things out there.

Trichomes have a way to go yet, I would wait until those pistils browned.

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts @Covertgrower Good advice - I went to my local hydro store and was told pretty much the same thing - they even suggested the buds should harden up some before finishing - recommended I add some Liquid Koolbloom to firm them up. I hope it wasn’t a sales pitch to sell more product - they’ve always been honest with me so far.

I’ll poke at those crystals and see what’s underneath. It’s strange it’s only affecting one of the 6 or 7 plants in my tent. I almost wonder if I spilled some of the solution I store my pH meter in on their last feeding.

3 Likes

You look to be about 3 weeks away maybe 2 if that’s an auto (hopefully that salt stuff is just thc or will wash away with a pyroxide rinse)

1 Like

That would certainly leave hard crystals behind when it dried.
And I agree that you’ve got some more time before harvest. Pistils in the pics have just started to recede.
:v:

2 Likes

You want all the calyx hairs to turn red or brown because the bracts the are attached too swell up when they are over ripe. Thats what you want because the bud gets fully swollen and by then the terps are at full powa!

2 Likes

I had the same thing on GSCX my first grow, bud was at least 5 foot in the air so nothing was spilt on it. They were like sugar crystals. I picked them off not having a clue what they were. Certainly didn’t do any harm to the bud or plant.

In the end I chalked it up to possibly resin seeping out and crystallizing???

2 Likes