Am I behind schedule Day 20 (No Nutes) Autoflower

@Docnraq

Fair enough I didn’t really consider that I guess.

Renting an apartment. Honestly worried about what’s going to happen come flower in a week or two bc ya boi don’t have a carbon filter and I have to obviously crack my door so it’s going to be super dank in my apartment. Thus bringing us to the invention I plan to create at least for myself and would love to actually patten and sell so here’s to hoping that no one sees this and does it themselves bc I truly feel like this could be sold specifically for instances like mine. The only true downside to not running a tents as far as I am aware is that you don’t have the ability to control airflow like you do with a tent as well as the smell, lighting/reflection/ and being able to completely seal it off and still have ventilation. So my plan is to take some Mylar and put it on on walls/floor, and then I’m going to take the door off, use 2x4 to create a door frame with holes to be screwed down where the hinges used to be and a hole for the door handle as well which will allow it to be sturdy, then I’ll be putting blocks in the corner to create an arch with a triangle hole in each corner, and then I’m going to take what I call a sticky backed zipper (if you google that you’ll see a civilian roll) and put it all around the frame (hence the arch’s bc zippers don’t like corners) so that I can then get a tent wall and put the other half of the zipper on it and ideally I would have it set up so that I can open and close any of the corners separately from the actual tent door, with adapters that allow my ducting to attatch to the corners as well as the ability to clip a circular fan to the opposing corner for air circulation. That adapters could even have different sizes for the different ducts, as well as ideally I’d like to have an adjustable frame with a rubber edge around the outside so that people could by a certain sized frame but still be able to adjust it as needed. I may be forgetting a few parts of the idea but this is my concept. I think it would be a great seller as you could literally turn any closer into a tent. I’d even love to do a whole kit like a normal tent kit only minus the tent and just have the door instead. Especially if I could get partnered with something like AC infinity. What are your thoughts good sir?

1 Like

I like it! Your apartment is gonna be very dank!
Stary considering options for dealing with smells. Are your neighbors cool?

Consider putting something like this fan into the top portion of your “door”.

And an intake for fresh air to come in at the bottom.
Something like this.

The fans in the top will pull hot air out the top and cool air in from the bottom at the same time. Oh man your apartment is gonna be loud during flower, get youbsome of those really big incense sticks that burn for like 5 hours, could be useful if smell gets too strong.

@Docnraq
Those would be dope to have until I can get my filter and fan for sure! My neighbors either smoke currently, or used to smoke, as well as some of them being friends with the managers so I think I’ll be okay for usually days it’s just when they have days where they come in which are usually scheduled so I think I could work around it but we’ll see. We don’t have many visitors that either aren’t aware we smoke or even smoke themselves so we should also be fairly good on that end too. But part of me can’t help but feel like I’m underestimating just how strong it’s going to be :sweat_smile: at the very least I could block off my room but I still feel like that will run it’s own issues. Other than the carbon filter I haven’t looked into much for odor control but I’m definitely going to have to start.

1 Like

It gets pretty dank. I have one in a non filtered tent right now about 2 weeks from.harvest…cant smell itboutside but when you walk in, its skunky.

@Docnraq
Soooo I decided to take your advice and focus a little more on airflow for the canopy. While I’d been paying attention I definitely needed to do something about how deep my soul was so I just folded the edge of the pot down which ended up working really well to my advantage. I got a second fan but giving my limited space I had to lay it down up there ,put a box knife under to keep an angle, then had to put another item between the bod knife and inside the rack to keep it from sliding out from under it, and then I was able to clip my little fan to the part I folded down. I was worried it would be too close but on low it’s actually perfect. Leaves dance but aren’t being blown away, as well as they’re both pointed at each other just one angled up and one down so I have some legit air circulation in there now. So thank you for that.

I am however worried about my soil’s ph being an issue soon. I haven’t seen any signs yet but the test I did after watering today was kinda scurry. The strips only go as low as 6.2 and work it’s way up in .5 up to either mid 7’s or 8’s. But the 6.2 is a light ish almost pale orange and this looked almost lighter than it. Previous to this when I tested my ph was in the high 7’s I believe so I did water a little more acidic than I normally would, bc somehow I keep forgetting that it’s waaaay easier to drop ph than raise it. Just hoping when I water again in a few days she evens out a little more. We’ve switched from Grow Big to Tiger Bloom since we’ve hit preflower. Between that and folding down the pot walls (didn’t get the new fan set up until I got home tonight) she’s loving life. Here’s a lil photo update.

1 Like

@Docnraq
Also with me approaching flower, should I drop my plants an inch or two so that they try to stretch a little bit for light? Bc I technically need to raise them about 2 inches closer as it is. Just didn’t know if it would be effective or if getting optimal sunlight will help it stretch faster

1 Like

As an alternative to clipping it to your pot. Remove that wingnut, pull that clip off and clip a ratchet strap through the hole. If its to small grab a drill and bore the whole a lil wider. Then you can hang it where you want.

Might be a lil early to switch fully to flower nutes. I lifted this feeding sugestion from fastbuds app. Its not a bad GUIDE.

Thats gonna be a PITA as you go along.

Ph during veg and into the stretch is ok to be a little low. Nitrogen is still her largest need and that can be taken up between 4.5 to 9 fairly easily. Which is good because nitrogen drops the ph. The soil will buffer you out and being early in the grow still the soil buffer is strong.

To counter balance and keep the buffer strong keep watering at 6.8 and feed @ 6.8ph. After the strech it will be time for a soil flush which will bring your soil ph back up from 5’s.

As for the lights. Dont move into flowering light just yet. The more light she has on her at this time the less she will stretch. Space between the nodes is helpful so wait to really hammer the light till she stretches some. You can incourage the streching by keeping the light just so. The preflower is still a veg situation. Did that make sense?

1 Like

@Docnraq
So here’s the chart I’m going by. I currently have it to where the top of my canopy is at 19” and I could easily drop it to 22”. From what you’re saying I’m pretty sure I should drop it so it can stretch some more but just want to be sure. Yeah I definitely should’ve added my veg nutes too which I will do next feeding. I would like to be able to hang the fans just bc it would make it better but she at least works for now. Thank you for all the help you have and will more than likely continue to give!

1 Like

You are most welcome. Dont think your chart uploaded.

@Docnraq
No I just forgot :joy::joy: my bad coach
It’s the chart they give on Amazon if I were buying it.

1 Like

Keep it right where your at she seems happy and there is room to spare on the par value recommendatiins for her to grow into.

1 Like

@Docnraq
So I’m about 90% sure this is a bud site forming I just wanted to confirm. I have 2 or 3 more showing up as well. This is on my Blue Lights so I’m going to get like an eighth to a quarter if that from it lol but hey I’ll get to try it I guess. Sorry for only having one pic I could get more later but my daughter is sleeping in there the moment and with this Blurple light it’s like opening a portal to the sun.

Close. She is just showing you she is a woman now.
Too early yet for budsights. They come after the stretch.

1 Like

@Docnraq
There was one that had multiple coming out of it so I just assumed. Thanks for clarifying though!

1 Like

@Docnraq
Also I had moved her down a few inches to about 22ish before you recommended keeping here where she was but she’s but she’s already back to being 20” away so i think it’s helped moving it down. Really trying to get some separation from the things I have pulled down so when the site do show up they’ll already be kind of separated and hopefully easier to maintain/lollipop

1 Like

Typically I see flower by week 4 of autos. But there’s a lot of variables, You transplanted. So that right there is going to change stuff. I have read and heard ( plus I grow autos). You should put them in the forever pot right away unless you use a peat pod. So the little baby size pod that you soak. First I would like to say I’m no expert ( that’s why we are all here ) I just want to pass on info just like everyone else here. So on the next grow. Get a GOOD peat pod or pods and go from that to the forever pot. Then there’s no stress of a transplant, that will put extra time on your grow. Happy growing :potted_plant::potted_plant:

1 Like

With the peat pod when I put it in the pot for good I put mykos/azos in the bottom near the roots of the pod. That kinda takes away from the shock of the transplant but not much. So I have grown autos in as little as 12-13 weeks from start to finish and then dry time.

Here you grow bro. This is what I harvested this week.

@Justifed

I learned this information a little too late for my Wedding Cake but not for my Blue Lights. But I did transplant way sooner than you usually would to reduce the amount of shock received and I never noticed any slowness or signs of stress. The guides I’ve read state that week 3-5 is usually when you start to see preflower stages which is right on time for my Wedding Cake but my Blue Lights has been showing since Day 18. I haven’t gotten to flower in a grow yet so I’m just looking for spots with lots of pistils, and there was a spot on her that looked different than any of the stigmas popping up in my wedding cake so I just kind of assumed. But if it’s not then awesome I still have some time to grow a little bigger on my Blue Lights.

Really stoked to see the flowering stretch which also brings me to another question @Docnraq, with my plant being so low and wide, should I even worry about unpinning or lollipopping until a few weeks into flower?

@Justifed
Those look mighty tasty. About 1-1.5oz?

1 Like

Just soil amendments.

3 Likes