Am I behind schedule Day 20 (No Nutes) Autoflower

Its safe to leave a nub, you can dab a lil honey or aloe on it to keep it from infections, however unlikely. She looked good and healthy, best to only top healthy autos.

2 Likes

She’ll be just fine :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Docnraq @Sydious
Thank you gents (or ladies you never know lol) while I thought I was okay this is my first time and honestly didn’t even plan on topping at first but upon looking at my plant and potential time remaining I just couldn’t help myself. Really hoping since it’s already busting out new nodes all over the stem that topping is going to cause it to truly bush up. Not my question is being an auto, should I only top this one time? Or should I top it one last time when it regrows just to have 4 main colas? Bc if it grows back fast enough it’ll be hard to resist but being week 4, day 25, I got like 2-4 weeks before flower right?

1 Like

I would not top it again… some of the autos I’ve grown started flowering day21-28… just use LST techniques instead of additional toppings… imo.

In fact… it will be a while before i grow autos again… but when i do, i won’t top at all.

@Sydious
Yeaaaaaah that sounds about right with other things that I’ve read which is why I wasn’t going to top at all but I just couldn’t resist. Hoping it doesn’t come back to bite me but we’ll see. If my plant were bigger I probably wouldn’t have worried about it but I’m just trying to bulk my plant up. Especially since my light doesn’t have very deep penetration from what I’ve read so I’m thinking the best results will be low and wide stance. I just don’t have the patience for Photos right now. Now if I had 2 grow setups I’d most definitely be running both but I didn’t want to wait 6-8 months just to smoke my harvest. I do feel like with just the little bit that I’ve done so far I’d grow so big ass photos but like I said I don’t know that my light would be suitable for them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That’s what I thot when I planted my first auto (Bruce Banner), she popped up Feb 25th. Harvested July 13th, almost a 2 month dry and cure. Just under 7 months seed to smoke! You don’t want to be smoking it fresh!

1 Like

Only the one top. Autos produce pretty well without it and lst instead but the super robust ones love to be topped. Autos are just an all around smaller plant. If doing a single plant in say a 2x2, auto all the way. Single in a 3x3, id do a photo. Infact after my seeds run out, switching to photo.

1 Like

@Spudgunner
Man I reeeeaaaalllly hope I don’t have to wait that long lol I’m planning on a 3-4 month grow with at least a 7-10 day dry and a month cure. Hopefully my Blue Lights will be close to finishing when my Wedding Cake is ready to smoke. I have about a 2 week offset (I tried waiting to a month but I just couldn’t help myself). My problem is how much I smoke lol. I just need enough to last me between grows. When my financials change I’ll be able to grow enough at once so it won’t matter.

@Docnraq
Yeah im currently in let’s call a 2.5x2.5 closet, but when I finally get the proper lights I have a 4x8 closet calling ya bois name. Even came up with a product that part of me doesn’t want to say bc I’d like to actually make and sell this product eventually so I don’t want it on an open source like this but at the same time I want to talk about it so bad lol

3 Likes

@Docnraq
So before I ask my question a little update. Got my nutes 2 days ago, gave a full dose of Big Bloom to my Blue Lights, and then my Wedding Cakes edges were pretty dry so I gave it a little drink but not an actual wartering, then yesterday I gave my Wedding Cake a full dose of Big Bloom and Grow Big and I think I just gave my Blue Lights regular water, and then today I halved the Big Bloom and gave it to my Blue Lights and I think maybe even gave a quarter of a liter to my Wedding Cake because again it was a little dry up top but not light enough to fully water. Now my plan is instead of feeding every other watering, I want to half what I would normally feed and feed every watering. So I guess I have more than one question the first being do you think less nutes more often would be more beneficial than more nutes less often or ■■■■ versa. My other question is if this is something to worry about. It’s the only instance on my plant but it’s a yellow/light brown dot. Sorry for the doodoo pics I tried doing so many but these are the best ones.

I’ve also started LST and I’m torn on if I want to switch from my pins or not. On one hand I don’t like having to penetrate the roots but on the other hand it’s allowing for some awesome control that I couldn’t get without at least having a spike in the soil. But here’s last night pictures.

And then of course the Blue Lights

Which both plants have already had noticeable growth since last night. The combination of nutes and the stage the Wedding Cake is at has been extremely noticeable.

1 Like

Its cool, I got an answer or two :rofl::brain::exploding_head:

If you were in coco, Id say yes. As I understand it coco and jacks 321 are a great combo and can be fed every time. For what I understand about soil, the cycle of feed, dry, water, dry… helps keep and maintain the ph balance. The plant doesnt consume all that you put in at once which is why you have a water only day, it consumes it over time and the amount it can eat at any given time is based on the amount available in soil and the moisture level. As I sit here maybe better said like this- nutes push ph down water pushes ph up.
If your looking for something to add look into a Mycorhyzae and bennificial microbe product, they really help your plants make the most of the nutes we give them. They also help fight of various pests and disease. Im just getting into them and have noticed a difference in over all plant health.

The spot looks like maybe a lil dmg from your training. If no other spots, I wouldnt worry about it.

Dont sweat the spikes in the soil, very little actual damage to roots and I agree no way you get better control any other way. They are looking good, dont stop doin what your doing.

1 Like

@Docnraq
Dow it’s that being said when I go to water again tomorrow I’ll do no nutes just ph’d and then I should test my runoff I assume and let’s say it’s low, should I water with high ph to balance or should I just keep watering with regular ph until the runoff matches?
And I figured it wasn’t anything too serious but I know things can go from manageable to too late in a day so I had to ask.

If my last runoff is 6.5ph or below I water in at 6.8ph if it is above 6.5ph I water in at 6.5ph. I ALWAYS feed in at 6.7-6.8PH the best level tds in your soil to maintain is between 750 and 1400 tds. Does that make sense and answer your question?

3 Likes

Do this and you almost cant go wrong. Or i havent since.

@Docnraq
Yes it does good sir and now I just need a ph/ppm meter so I can be more accurate but until then I will do as well as I can to stick you your recommendation.

1 Like

Just as an update these are photos from tonight’s photo shoot. Really trying to figure out how to get as many branches to the light as possible without slamming my plant to the ground I feel like I can get more coverage if I just manipulate my branches properly. But I’m also beginning to see just how many nodes there are really going to be so I’m thinking the play is to try and even as much out as possible by trying to encourage the younger leaves to come up while pulling the top down, essentially sandwiching it, but I know I’m going to have to defoliate eventually. There’s just going to be too much to properly manage I think. I guess we’ll see when the time comes. If she were bigger at this point at least I’d have more room to spread things around but I don’t do it isn’t lol. But enough rambling. Here are tonight’s shots.

1 Like

@Docnraq
So we meet again wise one. I’m a once again making an imploring request for your knowledge of the natural arts. Lol. But forreal I know I shouldn’t top a second time considering it’s been almost a week and it’s just now showing signs of new growth where I topped (even though the overall size of the plant it still growing/leaning due to my pins). Now I’ve done what I feel is a pretty damn good job doing my “sandwich technique) and bringing the small leaves above the big ones but keeping a relatively even canopy. Now someone from Instagram suggested I go ahead and remove the top set of leaves because they’re just blocking growth for the smaller leaves. No initially it wasn’t even a question I just didn’t want to do it but now looking at my plant, although I know if I just keep pushing the branches up it’ll achieve the overall result that I want, as well as they’re the biggest set of leaves I have, if not second biggest, and I feel like not only would I be suuuuper stressing the plant I feel like I’d be losing a lot of photosynthesis. Now this also got me curious as to how things would go if I were to just cut the branches off instead of topping it. Assuming I left 1/4-1/2” connected to the sides of the stalk, would it still grow new nodes there since the space is still available? There’s so much going on it can be kinda hard to see what’s what in these pictures but the big leaves aren’t blocking any light per day but I will admit that with their removal the other leaves could have better spacing even though I think in a weeks time the leaves will be grown enough to surpass that. Hopefully my ramblings make sense lol.

Also my Blue Lights is going to be much bigger than my Wedding Cake. It’s honestly crazy the amount of stuff you can learn in a couple weeks time. From soil, nutes, environment, lighting, and training. I might not even top it this time just to see what happens unless I don’t like how the shape starts to look. She’s stretching a fair amount in terms of height but I don’t think it’s a lighting issue bc she’s praying every time I check on her.

1 Like

Mmmm, seeking information are you? Come to the right place, you have.
I added the word autoflower to your thread title so I didnt have to scroll back to your first post to remember which type you are growing.

On too my response.

I dont recommend multiple toppings to autoflowers, they are such a short vegtime its too much stress. Stress has drastic effect on autos overall yeild. If it was a photo I think the rule of thumb is two weeks between toppings.

With autoflower you are gonna want to leave as many leaf as possible until after the stretch. They need every solar panel they have. Because you topped only her branches will grow now. The growth hormone will stop going to the top and will now be going to all tops. If you can tuck the leaves to expose branches to light, I have even gone so far as to remove the center finger of a leaf to expose the branch below it. Once you are a couple weeks into flowering you can if needed pull the big leaves

You are correct!

If a photo maybe, I know an auto wont. Not enough time.

I would also not top her, muties can be unpredictable autos. If anything I would supercrop her just after the stretch to keep he inline with my other plant. Then lollipop instead of normal defoliation. She looks very healthy and happy, node space is nice and that room under the branches will be nice come watering time.

2 Likes

@Docnraq
Thank you I’d put the autoflower tag on it but you don’t see the tag every time you click your notification and I now realize that lol. But basically I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing as I figured. I’ve gotten it to where other than the 1st set of true leaves there only 1 other set that isn’t up into the light only because there is just so much to try and work around in that small of a space. If I had the nutes a week-week and a half sooner, and used both veg and bloom on my light i would have more room already. Like I expected a bunch of nodes to start popping up but sweet baby Jesus dude, I get things tucked and pulled in the morning and by night time 4 nodes have completely opened and there’s another 4-6 beginning to show themselves. How many nodes would you say tend to become bud sites? That’s something I don’t know much about too other than nodes are chances for bud sites.

1 Like

Nodes up the main are branches nodes on the branches genearlly will support flowers, issue is they are far from the light lower on the branch they are. Usually in the 2nd week of flower I remove any branch that doesnt make it at least 1/2 way up the plant and all budsights on the bottom 1/3 of the branch.