Am I behind schedule Day 20 (No Nutes) Autoflower

That seems counter productive, just when you think you understand a thing…

I have been :lollipop: as I go with my current run to curb energy waste. I figure nothing below the stretch is likely to stay anyhow so why develope the leaves and auxilary branches at all. If they were auto id wait till after the stretch but I figure, she is a photo so why not?!

I have been considering taking a clone or two of my current run but never have cloned so @graysin any tips for taking lower branches and turning them into clones?

2 Likes

None really, I take tertiary branches all the time for clones. I figure I’d ordinarily remove it anyway, may as well make it useful.

2 Likes

Totally agree with @Graysin 's approach. Take them whenever, root out everything!

Except for the last massive clearout I did the other day, didn’t take any clones off them then. If I did, it would have been another 40 or so! Already have 9 in 1 gallon buckets, the timing for getting outdoor plants works better if I wait and take clones from those. Not for me, for son-in-law’s dad. Maybe some for me too, who knows!

2 Likes

It’s official boys and girls the GB2 is on the way!!! How long did it take for you guys to get yours? I’m so excited I want it to just poof in front of me.

2 Likes

Gratz on getting yourself a better light! Your plants will thank you.

2 Likes

The nutes, humidifier, ph meter, and other goodies will be on their way soon as well!

2 Likes

I think I might have been one of their first customers. It took ~10 days in the throes of COVID supply chain problems, which I consider extremely fast for a small family business. I have seen folks get em in 3-4 days ever since that first order I placed.

I’m glad to see you getting on board. Seriously such a good light.

1 Like

I’m not going to lie the first time you guys talked about it I didn’t realize the - in the name was crucial so I didn’t actually find the lights :joy::joy: but I’m glad I did bc they look like beasts. I’m just hoping I can produce what you do! I know you’re not supposed to compare to other growers but I mean how can I not lol

2 Likes

Also idk if any of you have heard of these but man are these filters awesome. I think the wildflower cones are dope but the beeswax tips are :fire::fire::fire: they feel great on the lips, they stopped all resin from coming through the tip (haven’t re-used to see how many times), and then on top of that it helps the bees! Or at least gives us another resource from them and hopefully provides people with the desire to help. I will say and the very end of the joint they get soft. Not soft enough that just hitting it will smash them down but I went to pinch and roll my cherry out and accidentally smashed it closed. But I 10/10 recommend!

1 Like

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaand it’s official boys

Before

After at 25-35% 16-18” away (the setup)

And a full power pic for shits and giggles lol

I was hoping there was going to be a par chart or at least some type of measurement but I’m assuming the 25-25% 16-18” away is where I should be now but I also know you usually turn it up during flower so what are you guys power and distance set to through your stages?

1 Like

I generally throw my lights at 80-100% and just raise them up high. Lower them down if my plants seem to be wanting more of it. Rarely adjust the light dial.

2 Likes

I do this with my ts1000. I figure, they will grow into it!

For your current plant? If so, id start there at 18-24 inches @ 25-50% then increase by 10-20 percent each day until aabt 75% prolly end up at around 21-22inches. Best way is with photone app and dli chart. Either that or the ppfd meter.

My 300 watt usually hangs at about 19+ inches and Usually about 80% till flower then all the way up. Gonna be interesting doing photos tho, DLI at 12 hours gonna bring em in a lil closer.

2 Likes

Okay I’ll probably pull them up a few inches tomorrow and turn the dial up a scooch and just work it that way. They’ll probably love the light during the stretch huh? I can’t wait to see how much better things are! Thank you guys for your help fr! I’ve gained sooooo much knowledge over these past couple grows and a solid 95% of that is you two!

2 Likes

Agreed 100%. Maybe more….

@JordabGrows Looks awesome, you’ll be so happy with that upgrade!!

2 Likes

I can tell the plants are happy already they were praying to me when I got up today. Decided to raise them and the light intensity and I couldn’t tell if they were shying away just now or starting wind down for sleep as lights off is in a couple hours.

I can’t wait to see how this bud structure is going to look bc my internodal structuring is wild right now. I feel bad for my Dos Si Dos but her clones will get a better shot at thriving when I take them lol.

What DLI will I be shooting for?

2 Likes

Depends on life stage and/or light cycle. Use the search on here or google DLI for cannabis then download the photone app. I’m new to the hobby and that helped a lot (In addition to all the wisdom here :slight_smile: )

1 Like

This here for autos

This for photos

Clone is interchangeable on the last chart with seedling

This is a thread on DLI that is possibly the most informational thread on all of ILGM.

3 Likes

Thank you my good sir. It’s interesting that it spikes and then re-drops in the transition. You’d think it would be a steady increase or at least spiked in the transition bc of the stretch.

1 Like

Ive not understood that either, ive never gone down before with autos. I also have no intention to do so with photos. Figuring that stuff out is what 1st time grows are all about. Lets see what others think. @Graysin @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower what are your thoughts on why the DLI chart has such a dip after flipping to flower?

3 Likes