Am I behind schedule Day 20 (No Nutes) Autoflower

This is just my 02 from starting with the viparspectras which is similar to your light. It is good for a 2x2 area. I had the 450 2oow true. Well, I still have one and a 600. Great lights. But they don’t cover a lot of area for the cost of running them. The issue with them is most of the light is directed down. Un like the QB type lights.
Your plant looks super healthy :grin: If you were in coco. That would be small. For soil you may be right on track. :+1:

1 Like

@Not2SureYet Yeah I was looking at the charts and it’s a hotspot in the center and then fades out instead of being even coverage. Makes sense as to why my plants are growing slightly crooked since they’re trying to reach for the middle of the light. Wonder if that means I should move my light a little bit closer too since I’m theory they wouldn’t need to gravitate towards the middle for more light. I’m really glad I decided to reply to you bc that literally didn’t hit me until I was typing it out lol thank you for that.

1 Like

@Docnraq Been seeing you posting all over the place and didn’t want to ask you questions for myself in someone else’s thread lol so I’m pretty sure my Wedding Cake is showing early signs of cal mag deficiency, if you look at the bottom leaf on pics 1/2/3 you’ll see the dot and slightly brush on the edge which I believe is showing a touch more being as those are a few days old. I’ve been using distilled water and not adding cal mag (sigh I know) but I’m curious if I switch back to ph’d, dechlorinated tap water will it fix my issue? And if not, could I boil, fry, then grind eggshells into a calcium powder and use that and epsom salt? Trying to avoid spending money ya boi is broke lol

2 Likes

Dont sigh, gotta grow to know sometimes.
It wouldnt hurt to use tap, usually there is plenty of cal and mag in tap to get the job done. It really depends on your tap. Myself, for example, my tap comes out at almost 8ph and has 430-450 tds (500 is unhealthy to drink) it also smells like swimming pool water. I only use it to flush and thats after 24 hours declorination. I have almost a dozen 5 gal water jugs so I can flush all my plants in a single day if need be. A cheaper alternative to distilled would be a water filling station like at walmart or any grocery store. I used to live here and they actually didnt have a wapmart for 45 miles.

At 30 cents a gallon vs distilled 1.00-1.50 put some jing back in your pocket. This vid covers the answer to your question and shows how its done. Ive not gone organic at all so best advice from them vs me.

Im just having coffee…pics?
This flow chart is super helpful for diagnosing leaf issues.

I do get around in this place. Im so greatful for all the knowledge I have gained from this forum. Passing it on is the only way I know to pay my respect.

6 Likes

If you paid this cheap price for that light, it’s not going to be strong enough for flower I promise :pray:t2: When you go for lights it’s always best to go for a well known branded light, don’t trust anything on Amazon unless it’s branded

2 Likes

@Se7en I didn’t buy it off Amazon it was an in person buy and I didn’t know anything. I came into this knowing I wasn’t going to have the best of the best but I’m tired of being interested in something but too broke to try it bc I only want top of the line stuff so for now this set up at least let’s me start learning. Plus when I do switch to a better light I’ll have first hand experience so I’ll be able to truly see how much better it was.
@Docnraq Ill post pictures again so you can see what I’m talking about. I don’t think my new pictures from last night will show case it very well so it’ll be from the day before yesterday. It’s not something on top of the leaf and I don’t see any insects or signs of them. We’re on day 22 today and in total the plant is Height 2-1/4” Width 2-9/16” x 3” x 2-1/2” (1st set, 2nd set, 3rd set).

This last picture is from last night but it’s now under pink light and wet asf so it didn’t show colors well.

I will be watching that video and studying the charts and checking my plants later but for now thank you for the info you’ve given me my guy :heart::heart: Hoping this first run can at least be successful. Technically my second run my humidifier/timer malfunctioned and my closet was 90% humidity like all night and when I tried to dry them out 1 just dropped instantly when the warm air hit it and the other eventually burnt up. Lived and learned lol

5 Likes

I use tap water. Fill gallon jugs. Add a very small pinch of citric acid. Let it sit 24 hours for inside grows.

Outdoor I use good old-fashioned hose water.

Our tap pH is just above 7 and only 50 PPM.

I keep it simple and having to haul DI water is too much for my back. I may never get the awesome grows that others can achieve, but do get a very nice harvest to keep the family happy.

3 Likes

My thoughts are. The best and fastest way to learn is to have a lot of little things come up in your first grow. Trust me. You will remember them a lot better than if every thing just went great :grin: I will some what agree with @Se7en :grin: If this is your only plant. You can start to control things early to help your self out. Altho this is technically my second grow. I call it my first. My true first turned out to be all male plants. I changed to autos for a long time after that. If you get bored. Scroll through this a bit. I did 4 plants and ended up with a decent harvest for the vipar lights. All good quality bud. The Big bud in the end had giant colas on her. You will just have to learn to work with the light. My Blue Dream here would be the best to shoot for size wise for just one light :grin:

4 Likes

Apologies, I saw you posted up the pic of it on Amazon so assumed that’s where you bought it from, I also agree with @Not2SureYet :sweat_smile: the best way to learn is have the bad stuff happen to you, my last harvest which was my first, was successful all the way through with no issues. Knew it would be to goood to be true. And was right, my run now has thrown some issues at me that I’ve had to correct this time, toxicities, deficiencies, light issues myself also. Now I know for next run, not to give too much nitrogen to my autos and which of my nutrients I used that gave them the toxicity, then figuring out that flushing them heavily to fix that gave them a calmag deficiency which I also had to correct that a week or two later. You’ll get it bro, when I first started my first ever run last year I started with a light which was a vipaspectra 600 (140 true wattage) and it didn’t get two plants to where they could have been, I was even shocked they made it to flower, (one ended up hermie, other ended up coming down early anyway cos moved house) all this you’ll learn when it happens. And it will happen eventually :laughing: good luck brother

4 Likes

I dont see anything in the pictures that concerns me except for the last picture. You really dont want to water your plant, you wanna water the soil. Unless foilar feeding, and even that is only supposed to be done at lights out.

This could explain the markings you circled. I see no defieciency. If using distilled or RO and no calmag. You will start to see rust colored blotched on the tips and margins of leaves at first then it will move inward as deficiency progreses.

You wanna water in a ring about two inches away from your leaves. This means as the plant grows that ring will widen until the leaves stretch to about an inch from the sides if your pot. Then water between the stock and side of pot. As a rule of thumb red no green yes

This is crutial for two reasons. 1) roots directly bellow the plant are for air. Only want that area to get wet when flushing soil. 2) by watering this way you force the roots to stretch/ dive out and search for the water. Bigger roots= Bigger fruits.

4 Likes

Your tap is pure as the RO water I get from the store.

1 Like

@Docnraq Ive only watered it like that about 3 times and it’s honestly just a quick spray and I can’t really say why I do it. Maybe it’s the way the leaves feel but I just kinda get this urge that they want a quick spritz lol but I’ll definitely restrain from now on. I’ve been watering my Blue Lights plant like that since it’s so small but I assumed since the Wedding Cake is 3 weeks deep it would need a little more water including the middle but I’ll start watering her this way as well. It’s nice to know that technique works because I was doing this before even reading about it and had someone on here tell me a lot of people in the forum promote it. Makes me feel like I at least somewhat have a natural feel for this.
@Se7en Im definitely what I call a “F*ck Up Learner” lol so I don’t mind making the mistakes but when they died I honestly cried a couple tears lol they were my babies. Hopefully the financial situation buffs out soon and I can start giving these girls what they truly deserve! Until then they’re just going to have to bare with me here lol

4 Likes

I feel ya there bro for sure, I worry about my girls so much it’s unreal :rofl: like my kids :roll_eyes: and I was in exactly the same position with this run bro aswell, I’ve been on a budget this entire run so I’ve had to buy bits I needed gradually every month, the new light killed me last month cos the last light I had gave up on my ass half way through :roll_eyes: what sort of monthly budget are you on? I couldn’t recommend the Mars hydro fc E 3000 any more atm, good coverage ina 3x3 tent which what I’m in, and it’s not overly expensive in comparison to other branded lights. I think on their website they’re around £255 on sale? I got mine for just under £300 on Amazon not realising they had a sale on their own site :rofl:

1 Like

@Se7en 50-100$ Currently a stay at home dad and my wife isn’t too keen on the idea of me growing since she can’t smoke right now so when I do get things it costs me a week or her being salty :joy::joy: As soon as I get some results and she realizes how beneficial it can be I know she’ll be on board. Other than nutes though I have everything I need so I’m not too worried about it. Probably getting nutes tomorrow and I think I’m going to go with the Fox Farm Trio. I really wanted to go Gaia Green and do a dry amendment organic grow just bc Mr. Canuck uses it and well I don’t need to speak for his quality lol granted he also has a top of the line setup but upon reading a lot of grows in here there are a lot of people who use it to and have good success. So being cheaper, as well as plenty of success, I think it’s what I’ll start with. Of course I’m going to need to get a bubbler to mix nicely but regardless I just need to get nutes. I think my plant is about to explode. The new node has pushed up like a champ as well as nodes are beginning to come from where the branches connect to the stalk as well. Hoping to see her double up in the next week or so. I also think they’ll help my Blue Lights which I’m rather worried about. I think because of its mutation it’s lagging behind, maybe even the genetics but it’s nowhere near what my Wedding Cake was on Day 7.

@Docnraq also I took some more pictures of my affected leaf just to show what is catching my eye. It may not be anything serious but it’s the only markings on her I believe. I’ll do a better check tonight.

3 Likes

Dont sweat that. She is tip top!

I like FF trio, also use the soluble pk boosters from FF. Fairly cheap too.

1 Like

@Docnraq sweet just didn’t want to disregard something and end up losing a plant when I could’ve taken action and prevented it. So unless you see deficiencies what is your mute schedule?

1 Like

I follow the FF schedule, including flushes. I start out at 1/2 strength and work up till tips burn.

Calmag a must if using ro or distilled and I toss in a tblsp of molasses every other watering.
Water, feed, water, feed… rinse and repeat.

1 Like

@Docnraq Yeah I’m assuming I’m about to start needing them soon because from the looks of it she’s about to explode with some growth.

Those are From this morning and these next ones are from tonight.

And then of course there’s my Blue Lights which I believe is sluggish due to the mutation.

3 Likes

Muties pretty common in autoflowers. What kinda soil are you in?

@Docnraq FFOF and just switched back to tap water. Technically I was in a 4/5” pot that had Dr Earth potting mix in it but I can only assume we’re dipping into the FF by now.

1 Like