Am I behind schedule Day 20 (No Nutes) Autoflower

I’m currently on my first grow, Wedding Cake Auto, and I’m not sure if I overwatered and stalled my plant, or if it’s just because I used Dr Earth Potting Mix and no nutes. I started out in a 6 inch pot with Dr Earth and transplanted into a 5gal fabric pit with FFOF. I currently don’t have any nutes to add (reeeeeeaaaallly hoping I get some by flower but it’s not looking to bright lol) but I’m on Day 20 and the dimensions are Height 2” (lost an inch in transplant) Width 2-1/2” x 2-3/4” x 1-1/2”. I didn’t see much growth for about a week to week and a half and now I’m finally starting to see some decent progression. I know around the 3rd-4th week they stretch so I’m trying to hold onto that but it’s definitely got me worried. I’ll go ahead and put a support ticket and then I’ll show pictures from last night so technically day 19.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
    -Indoor, 3x3 closet
  2. Origin of seeds?
    -Local grow shop ordered them from idk where.
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
    -Autoflower
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
    -Bottled/Distilled water. 6.5-7 PH. Idk what EC/TDS is
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
    -Not sure I’m using FoxFarms Ocean Forest.
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
    -Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
    -None
  8. What type of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
    -1,000 Watt Full Spectrum Bloomspect LED
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
    -Both stay between 77-79F
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
    -Day 60-65% Night 50-65%
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
    -Humidifier, Heater, Heating mat
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
    -3” fan and my door cracked 1-3 fingers wide
  13. Co2 Yes / No?
    -No
  14. How long have you been growing?
    -Technically 46 days but at Day 18 this grow.
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
    -Trying to avoid spending anymore than necessary.

6 Likes

Looks good to me. Glad to have you joining the fun

3 Likes

It looks great! If you’re worried you over watered just hold back on it until it dries out some.

1 Like

They look happy and healthy to me. :blush::v:

1 Like

Questioning your 1000 watt full spectrum fixture. It would be large, large.

1 Like

@Jimtroutbum Its rather compact with a 12”x7” frame and puts out some serious light. I have it in a 3x3 closet and will be moving into a 4x8 closet when I get more pots but I only have 2 so the 3x3 is perfect.

1 Like

2 Likes

If this is the fixture you are going to have to limit your space to max of 2x2. This fixture only puts put 100 true watts which will veg your plants in that space. But honestly for flower i feel like your going to be undergunned.

5 Likes

@Jimtroutbum This is the light that I’m using. I didn’t know and still don’t know much about lighting but it was in my price range and of course 1,000 watt sounded good so I bought it. I definitely plan on doing more research before I buy another one but when talking to the guy he said that I could do 3 plants in my 3x3 with that light. He’s been growing for a while so I assume he knew what he was talking about but we shall see. I moved my pots about 6” closer tonight to be a little closer to the par chart bloomspect has there but I also heard those can be a lie too so I didn’t move it too much just to see how they will handle the light. Also how do you find out the true watts on a light?

You could do like a tea for them from banana peels for some flowering nutes I believe I have never done it but @Aussie_autos offered to tell me recipes if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

So your light actually puts out, or draws 180 watts whick is ok for about a 4 square foot area. Typically for cannibus we want 30-40 watts per square foot.

Quick Guide (watts per coverage area)

1’ x 1’: 32 watts (~30 to 40 watts)

2’ x 2’: 128 watts (~120 to 140 watts)

2’ x 4’: 256 watts (~240 to 300 watts)

3’ x 3’: 288 watts (~250 to 300 watts)

4’ x 4’: 512 watts (~500 to 650 watts)

5’ x 5’: 800 watts (~700 to 900 watts)

4’ x 8’: 1024 watts (~900 to 1100 watts)

6’ x 6’: 1152 watts (~1000 to 1200 watts

3 Likes

Youll be ok to grow that plant in the space you have under that light. Youll get some product but your just not going to get anything close to full potential with that light. This is just my opinion.

2 Likes

@Jimtroutbum I see where you got the 180 so my question is if I should use the Veg bloom switch like it says or should I have them both on? I assumed since I hadn’t seen this style of light on basically any channel that I’ve watched that it can definitely be beat but basically I just need to look at the wattage output and see what works for my are or what is it about the lights that make them better than others in terms of growth and not usage/coverage.

1 Like

@DarhkGrows @Aussie_autos I should definitely be interested in any information I can be given.

1 Like

Keep both switches on throughout. Good luck.

4 Likes

If ya need a recipe for a banana tea or a nutrient tea i can help you there .just ask me or i may make a post with my tea recipes for all to see and use

7 Likes

I agree with @Jimtroutbum you need about 150 true watts per plant to get nice buds but you will learn lightning you can’t go cheap on

2 Likes

Would love to see your recipes

Ive posted the recipes for all to see

1 Like

@Aussie_autos good looking out bro :muscle:t2::muscle:t2: