Aluminum plate heat sink

Why the price difference between 3000k strips and the 3500k?
12 bucks for the 3000k and 6.50 for the 3500k

3000k is a dedicated flowering bulb so to say. Well 2700k is. 3k isnt too farā€¦

Crazy when in all actuality 3500k will flower you just fine :joy::joy: 6500k is a dedicated veg so to speak

My grow tent is going to be `1 size fits all, 3500k it is

3000k can veg and flower nicely, so will 3500k. As for right now the 3500k strips are cheaper.

Yes I would like dimmers. Sorry. I havenā€™t came to this side in a few days. just getting caught up.

3 Likes

do i need theese on my next build @dbrn32?

1 Like

Iā€™m not real sure. Had some downtime at work yesterday and was close to finding end of the internet when I came across them. I think they could be pretty useful if your build plan is to have a little spacing between strips. It seems thereā€™s a reasonable amount of surface area to assist with some cooling, and would certainly act as a reflector to some extent. On an eb strip it seems like the fit would be awfully tight though. I was somewhere between deciding if I wanted to order a couple of pieces to sew or not.

They did save some really good prices on angle and channel though, for someone like you I would certainly go and bookmark the page. If you ever wanted to do songs like drop the temps on your plate you could mount a bunch of that cheap channel to the top with the transfer tape to boost the surface area and assist cooling.

2 Likes

iā€™m currently am not having any issues with heatā€¦lol
if i would have put another set of lights,iā€™d be in troubleā€¦
i believe i was lucky and found a sweet spotā€¦

3 Likes

Youā€™re running 2 hlg-185ā€™s with as many strips as theyā€™ll fit on the 2x4 plate right?

3 Likes

yes sir,2 drivers 8 strips

3 Likes

I may try one with some 560mm strips on 2x2 plate here soon. I just finished one on a 24ā€x16ā€ plate and got a little warmer than I expected.

3 Likes