Alright what about this

So what’s the best way to get feminized seeds without Hermie genes?
Sorry copy n pasted that.

Like I want to be able to grow the feminized seeds that I get from my yield off of this plant with the rest of my indoor home garden that’s all female. I don’t want to put them in there if there’s any chance those will go hermie just from genetics, and then pollinate the whole crop. I mean my indoor plants should not get stressed enough by me to hermie, but if those guys just go hermie because of genes it !@#$s everything up. Cus it’s obviously going to pollinate every female near by. Not too mention I don’t want to create a 3rd grow space here at least not yet.

So basically what’s the best way to get feminized seeds with the lowest risk of hermie genes?

You cant get femenized seeds without hermie Gene’s. There is no way. The only way to get femenized seeds is by using both parents with XX chromosomes(female plants). Like I said. If you have a strong genetics and stable strain you dont have to worry about it going hermie on you. If that was the case then all feminized seeds would be predisposed and more likely to hermie. Which its not

I’m really not to sure but don’t you wounder how you find a single bag seed. If the plant was pollinated there would be more than 1 seed. @Covertgrower were your females pollinated when you found those few beans?

1 Like

It would have had to been pollinated somehow, maybe a hermie that was very premature or… just because you find 1 seed in your bag doesnt necessarily mean there weren’t more seeds ya know. Just that you only found 1 and someone has the rest.

I’m not just talking bag but plant. How else can you explain seed with no male. If a plant hermies and then all the plants are going to seed if you don’t remove it not just produce a few seeds. There’s no way. Maby it is a slight form of hermi but the traditional hermi plant is full of seeds not just a couple. And if they only produced a couple because of late pollunation then the seeds wouldn’t be mature yet they produce female plants.
But I’m not going to argue or debate we can just agree to have a difference of opinion on this matter

@Sirsmokes negative! No pollen! No nanners! Just feminized seeds. Didn’t get a lot, but a few. I haven’t tried to grow them yet, but they appear to be viable. Others have gotten a few beans here and there as well.

Thanks I know there are instances on here all the time of that happening. @Covertgrower thanks for taking time to answer me

1 Like

If it produces mature seeds it was pollinated by a Male, you dont have to argue that’s just what it is. Look up angiosperms. If a female plant produces seeds I highly doubt they are viable. As they would only contain one set of chromosomes. And would be a false seed pod.

Sexual Propagation
Sexual propagation requires the union of staminate pollen and pistillate ovule, the formation of viable seed, and the creation of individuals with newly recombinant genotypes. Pollen and ovules are formed by reduction divisions (meiosis) in which the 10 chromosome pairs fail to replicate, so that each of the two daughter-cells contains one-half of the chromosomes from the mother cell. This is known as the haploid (in) condition where in = 10 chromosomes. The diploid condition is restored upon fertilization resulting in diploid (2n) individuals with a haploid set of chromosomes from each parent. Offspring may resemble the staminate, pistillate, both, or neither parent and considerable variation in offspring is to be expected. Traits may be controlled by a single gene or a combination of genes, resulting in further potential diversity.

FEMINIZED SEEDS/ By Henk Van Dalen

I started growing cannabis for myself outdoors in the Netherlands in 1972, and in 1987 I founded Dutch Passion Seed Company. Inspired by Ed Rosenthal and Mel Frank’s Marijuana Growers Guide , I dreamed of creating seeds that would produce only female plants. it wasn’t untill 1995 that I began developing a technique to produce feminized seed strains

It became evident that almost all unpollinated female plants would inevitably produce some male pollen. This is a survival mechanism: when a female plant is not pollinated by a male plant, it generates male pollen to fertalize itself. after self pollination, the female plant bears seeds

Just because you dont see pollin sacs doesnt mean they weren’t there. A nanner could easily hide under a bud cluster out of sight, if you had a nice harvest there is no way you could keep track of everything.

Question: I have some plants growing indoors in a controlled environment with filtered air. For no apparent reason my plants are going entirely to seed. There are no known males anywhere. The plants were started as cuttings from a known variety. The seed is abundant in every part of the plant and they all are infertile. This has happened several times with several different varieties. The plants are extremely healthy and vigorous and have not been stressed. There are no insects in the room and the plants have been grown in pots using coco fiber. I have over twenty years experience and have never come across anything like this before. Do you have any suggestions that may help?
Rod B., Sydney, Australia
Ed Rosenthal: Parthenogenesis, the development of embryos without pollination, does not occur in cannabis. The seeds are the result of the flowers being fertilized. There are two ways this could occur: the first is that the plants produce male flowers. You say this is unlikely since you inspected the plants carefully; and another indication that this didn’t occur is that seed production occurred in several different crops using different varieties.
If pollen does not originate in the garden, then it must originate outside and be carried to the garden in the airstream. Somewhere within 150 meters of your garden someone may be growing male cannabis plants and this pollen is affecting your garden.
Frankly, of the two scenarios, I’d guess that the first, rather than the second, is most likely, since it is highly unlikely that someone is growing a male garden. The male flowers in your garden have been eluding you, but they are there.
The reason the seeds are infertile is that the buds were picked before the seeds matured.

It is what it is I know what we have all got. And I’m not the only one so good day

If that was the case then there would be research behind it, and there isnt so.