Already planning my second grow

Not a soil grower @Patsbasement but, those plants look fine to me. Not sure what the issue is, is it those two yellowed leaves?

If so that would be considered “normal” I believe. Before I burned the one plant this week with a nute change, I had a few yellowed leaves per week but I think those have just been exhausted of their supply by the otherwise healthy appearing plant.

Can you clarify what issue you having and sorry if I missed it? Thx.

I agree with @Screwauger plant looks healthy…your going to get a big leave yellowing out now and then…more as you get closer as you cut down and eliminate nutes… I wouldn’t worry about it but see what the more experienced growers say… I got a ph problem which locked out nutrients so I got to much yellowing going on…I straighten out the problem but I do believe the yellow is staying as I don’t think they gp back to green… tomorrow is 7 weeks in flower for them so I do expect it just not so much at this point…

What kid of Roots Organic Are you using? They make many different kinds. (some are actually soiless mixes)

I believe it’s roots original organic but not sure I don’t have any of the bags anymore

@Screwauger @WillyJ @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971
Well thanks for the help I was wondering if it was just the usual end of life cycle but it needs to keep producing for another 6-8 weeks

@Patsbasement I don’t see that listed on their website. Take a minute and go over to their website or just google the term

aurora innovations roots organic

Their potting soil is soil less and unless it has lime in it the proper ph is 5.8

I’d recommend you dig out a TSP or two of your soil and add it too a cup of 6.5 ph water (slurry test) and stir it up good and check the pH after about 5 minutes. My guess is that you will find your pH to be 6 or lower

Actually the name that you have is probably roots organic original potting soil

Here is the ingredients:

Perlite, Coco Fiber, Peat Moss, Composted Forest Material, Pumice, Worm Castings, Bat Guano, Soybean Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Kelp Meal, and Greensand

I think the composted forest material makes it a soil so you should be ok on the pH

If the runoff is coming out low, I would raise the pH in just a notch to 6.6 or 6.7 to raise the runoff pH

Yup just checked it out on the htg site you are correct

@bob31 @Screwauger @Willd @WillyJ
Bob I saw your question about fabric holes and all I did was poke wooden round toothpick s in the pot and tie off the branch to that…work s for me!

I use this tipe of gardening wire to tie my plants and the hols in the pots ar so tiny and the quality is not affected

Thanks @Patsbasement nicely done! I am outta likes! :palm_tree::grinning::v::+1: :heart:

@Patsbasement I do the same thing less the toothpick and I use this…

@Screwauger @Countryboyjvd1971 @Willd @WillyJ @bob31
Been a while since I updated 3ww appears to be doing nicely

Noticed a few fruit flies last week got a glue board hung up and have caught five flies still got 3-4 weeks of flowering I think

These are the trouble makers ( wink wink) doing well on the porch waiting to go right in the tent asap

Two different varieties in the same tent, just read your other thread. It should be interesting to see what happens.

I have those ties also @WillyJ they work great
@Patsbasement everyone looks happy to me in the tent and in porch keep up the great work

Holy Crap @Patsbasement those are impressive buds you’ve got there!! Really really nice!

My issue with growing 2 strains is, they are both on the same reservoir of nutes. Hindsight, I should have set up a second res and had them each being fed separately. If I ever try 2 strains again, they will be on their own reservoir.

It’s all a learning curve and using the autopots factors in there big time.

Hey @Countryboyjvd1971 been meaning to ask you if you know why my 20 year old dh is freezing up occasionally any idea why? No other variables

It’s one of two things and most likely just loosing its freon with a smalll leak the don’t have much in to begin with so a ounce two will be enough to cause a issue
The other problem would be low temps whichnim thinking isn’t your issue
So yeah a slow/small freon leak
I would just replace when it finally time @Patsbasement if it 20 years old the newer compresors will be more efficient and paying someone to fix the old one isn’t cost effective imo
Sorry I don’t have a easy fix fir you sir

Thanks I will put it on the list
It does seem to work and makes a difference so we will keep it for now

Exactly what I would do
They do sell freeze stats or frost guards but you would need to wire it into humidistat if you think you can handle that it would shit it down when it senses ice and restart when I gets warm
Or you can just watch it and shut it off when you see ice

No thanks I want to keep it simple
Remember I started out thinking I was going to do this with tap water and miracle gro but you set me straight
Thanks again