Already planning my second grow

I read on another website another harvesting technique.you cut all the top large bulbs first, let the plants rest a week or two the Harvest the medium bud wait a week or two and then harvest the rest of the plan. Anybody heard of this and had results?

1 Like

I just heard about it this year and I think I’m going to give it a try!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

You can do that it will give the lower buds time to finish up
I’m more of the take it all at once type myself but have heard it work good
I just want the tent empty and another grow started so I do slow harvest myself @Patsbasement

3 Likes

@bob31

@Countryboyjvd1971
Here is a close-up of the mature buds

Looking good looks like you still have a little time left
Do you have a loop or pocket microscope?

Yes I have a loop and I tried looking up the bud I sampled it, but I couldn’t tell

You need to look with natural light if that helps
I only use tricombes color to judge my harvest but you have lots of white pistols still which tells me you still have a few weeks anyway :+1:
She’s looking frosty so your close brother

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I think I will wait a week and then reassess

You don’t want to short your self now lol

1 Like

You definitely need to be sure on harvesting time, I just harvest mine 4 days ago and I was to exited and rush her. @Patsbasement

1 Like

@bob31 @Screwauger @Countryboyjvd1971
@M4ur @sl1 @Lia
Well seeing I had a day off I did harvest that one plant in the back. I did it for several reasons, number one I have the time today, too I wanted to free up some more room in the tent and I wanted to practice my harvesting techniques because I have a lot more to do. Thanks to all for your opinions and help

7 Likes

@Patsbasement nice job :+1:
As long as your happy with the results I’m happy for you brother enjoy

2 Likes

Those are all really great reasons!

2 Likes

Yep good deal John @Patsbasement that will keep ya buddy for a few minutes lol!

Well the girls are doing well first plant is drying nicely made 2 lbs of butter from previously harvested trim and drying bud for our daily meds…my honey does like the smoke and the high from this white widow
Good because we have a lot in the future!!
@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Screwauger @BobWags @Sl1

8 Likes

Everyone seems to like the white widow @Patsbasement glad to hear your wife does too. I’m growing blueberry for mine as she likes hers fruity…

1 Like

I ground WW with Gold Leaf last night, now there is a blend!

5 Likes

I’m a BIG fan of blending! @Sl1

1 Like

I know, you gave me the idea @bob31 :nerd_face:

2 Likes

@Willd @Screwauger @bob31 @BobWags @ktreez420 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Sl1 @Lia
@Kapelady
Well boys and girls, it’s been a while since I updated my journal. I did harvest all six white windows and I am enjoying them now. Why, is harvesting a lot of work! It took me almost 2 hours per plant
My next row I have for white widow’s growing on the porch. They got pelted by dime size hail last weekend and are a little decimated. They’ve only been getting rain water but I think they’re going to do fine. grow tent is off until after vacation and I’ll put the new ones in.

5 Likes