Already making plans for next season

Even before this year’s harvest…which looks great, BTW.

Two questions: first is companion planting. Many veggies respond well to another growing in close proximity, and there are entire books devoted to this topic. Any companion plants for weed?

Secondly, next year’s ‘growing season’ is gonna shift - to winter. With the low angle sun and auxiliary LEDs and CFLs in the greenhouse, light is not an issue. My biggest enemy over the years has been heat management, and it’s easier to heat the greenhouse than cool it. So I plan on using large, fabric pots for better drainage. There’s got to be a point of diminishing returns: more is not always better. Like I can’t see schlepping a 15 or 20 gallon fabric pot about - even with handles. Something in the 7-10 gallon range might be more appropriate for the situation. There are a lot of options - too many, maybe - on the web.

1 Like

Cerastium Sunflower, Marigold, Alfafa, Red clover, Chervil, White Clover, Peppermint, Lavender, Coriander, Chamomile, Yarrow, Dill, Lemon balm, Sweet basil, and borage are the best companion plants

It depends more if you plan on moving them. Why not stick them directly in the ground?
Otherwise 10 gallon range could become too small, especially if they will remain in the greenhouse. You may have to water more often.
If they’re going to be stationary, I would go directly into the dirt.

You know better than to post a competing seed link @BigCat420 it’s in the community guidelines, and I know this isn’t your first day…

@Covertgrower just wasnt paying attention. Was already editing when you were my bad

2 Likes

Can’t plant in dirt, 'cause it’s gonna be in the greenhouse…in winter, though this latter term hasn’t been quite appropriate these past few years.

And thinks for the companion planting tip. Already growing six of 'em, and have site-grown seed for three. I think a companion-grow with basil might be…interesting. Clover might be best for the plant, 'cause it fixes nitrogen from the atmosphere.

Better living though chemistry.

Cheers

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)