Almost time to harvest found bug?

I hear ya. My last 2 grows have been plagued by deficiencies even tho the nutrient line I use says it shouldn’t happen. I Learn something new from every grow.

1 Like

Def do a bud wash at harvest like @Myfriendis410 suggested.

1 Like

wait what? 2 years?

1 Like

@danfurlong ,yes my very first harvest went soso, and I’ve been plagued with pm or bugs since . I’ve slowly gotten my sh**together, last summer I had 12 plants on my patio, only one was great the rest I just couldn’t keep happy, so I started a new crop in the basement tent again with new ventilation, full set of nutes stable environment, every thing seemed hunky-dory and now this, I’m going to try the peroxide tonight see what happens

@Nuvo To answer your question. Yes they can be transferred from what you called a dying plant.

I would guess your clones brought in the pests.

Here’s something you might try: get a pound of dry ice. Cover plant entirely with large garbage bag. Put dry ice in bag with plant and let the inside fill with CO2 for 12 hours. That might do the trick with least impact on plant.

With peroxide I would start at 50/50 3% to distilled just before lights out and really douche the plant down. Use a pump sprayer and pay particular attention to the undersides of leaves and the colas. Spray every 5 days to interrupt the life cycle. Be sure to spray top of soil and all pot sides. Everything in your grow space should be treated as contaminated.

4 Likes

only bugs I get are the soil knats, yellow glue traps keep them under control

1 Like

I was putting de on my soil, pretty sure these aholes come in the soil

1 Like

Thank you @Myfriendis410, great suggestions. I’ll work on it, going to try peroxide solution tonight. Thank you @MrPeat, that was my suspicion, after some thought. Now to keep them away from my auto tent. Thank you @danfurlong for your input
And thank you @Tinman, I was doing this but stopped, I also used neem, and mosquito dunks in the soil mix. I had forgotten about taking these from that sick mom,now I know why she was sick ig.hope I didn’t miss my tags

2 Likes

@Nuvo I hope you get it under control so you can have a successful harvest.

1 Like

Thanks @MrPeat

1 Like

Just be sure you use the peroxide at lights out & weaker then you would think, you can always do it in another 10 days a bit stronger if needed, try to make at least 3- 7 to 10 day sprays to kill the life cycle.

No I just use Dr. Xymes in my soil once or twice during the grow and now buggies,I do a soil drench, and if you see any mites or soft bodied bums on the plants you can make a spray out of it,I bought a gallon last year for a big outdoor raided bad that have mites & fungus gnats galore and drenched the soil like above and no more pests.

1 Like

soil knats, pesky little buggers

1 Like

hard to say but they even kinda look like russet mites… i hope not… best case scenario is to follow the wash process that was shown above and i would also throw away every bit of media its planted in… i have never had russet mites but i have encountered them in some crops and they do strongly resemble what you showed in the pic… a spray mix of various things like 50/50 mix of 70% or higher alcohol might help fix this but make sure the buds can dry out in front of a fan and dobt spray them u der the lights… alot of good info posted here and i hope the suggestions help you out…

2 Likes

Inter mix your peroxide spray with Captain Jack’s Deadbug and BtK (Safer spray). Wait 5 days after using either product before peroxide again as it will kill the bacteria.

3 Likes

I’ve been battling spider mites myself for a few weeks now and I use hydrogen peroxide mixed with water I also have used lemon oil and peppermint oil mix with water I use one then the next time I spray I use one of the others I’ve had good results with this but I’m not sure what it is you have here on yours also you have less time to experiment then I have I wouldn’t spray anything other then hydrogen peroxide at the point your at as wouldn’t want to taint your titties so to speak with unwanted flavours

2 Likes

Hi @Budzbunny yeah, I tried the peroxide solution t lights out, 2 of the 3 ladies are going to make it the third took a nosedive, the buds stopped getting solid and she turned brown. Lesson learned :frowning:
I was using neem oil and de, but the m-fers still got me.the buds should be good on the other 2 tho

1 Like

Man this is good. I’ve never seen anything like this. Want to try this.