Almost there, everyone

I found some spider mites few weeks. Still dealing with them, but have been significantly reduced. Might have stunted sour diesel’s growth a bit. Bubble gum Kush has fat buds. Most of these chicks are six weeks into flower. Some will be ready sooner than others.

The girls are all photoperiods six weeks into flower. The big ones are sour diesel and bubble gum Kush. Bubble gum Kush is the one with fat buds. The others are two super skunks, two Durban poisons, one banana Kush and one a.k. 47.

If everything goes well I will harvest the best buds and re-veg the plants. I want to try my luck growing in the winter :cold_face:.

Maybe it’s just me, but it looks like you have a really bad case of Powdery Mildew. @Graysin what do you think?

3 Likes

Diatomaceous earth. Helps kill spider mites and their hatchlings

2 Likes

Ahh ok I didn’t see that’s what you did in your initial post. Was going to say that’s a serious case of PM lol

3 Likes

When I foliar spray them it looks like powdery mildew. I’ve run into several issues, but managed to resolve them in some form. Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

No worries at all. I hope you win the battle of the mites!

2 Likes

Haha I was going to say it looked real weird to be PM - the white spotting was pretty “paint splatter”y to be mold.

I was worried I was looking the world’s weirdest calcium deficiency :laughing: but thanks for the tag :wink:

2 Likes

My heart sank for them when I saw it. I let my emotions take over and jumped conclusions. Either that or the 4 rips off my God’s Gift cart got me good lmao

2 Likes

Oh. As far as for spider mites, if you don’t already have some I highly recommend Captain Jack’s Dead Bug. It’s safe to use through flowering (although avoid spraying directly on buds if you can). I had spider mites and thrips both, it stomped them out after about 5 days of treating once a day.

2 Likes

I was going to recommend that was well, but I haven’t had to use it yet so I couldn’t give any advice with it.

1 Like

Really nice buds you have going there as well!!

1 Like

Those mites are no joke. They keep me busy and I usually end up looking Dusty from head to toe with DE. I failed to act sooner which may have cost my yield.

Live and learn scenario.

Has anyone ever grown outdoors during winter? Any tips would be nice.

1 Like

That’s hilarious!

1 Like

I’m using Captain Jack’s and safer Brand 3 in 1. I switch between them and DE. I have been spraying the buds. Will have to stop. It’s Making them heavier for the stems causing them to droop.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. Oof. Well best of luck, outdoors sure makes it hard to keep em off. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Truth, man

1 Like

Bubble gum Kush has the best looking buds. The other ones aren’t as impressive to me, but that’s because I had high expectations. I was hoping for two lbs. but, honestly, I’m just glad I made it this far.

My second grow should be better.

1 Like

Well they all look fantastic. I am anxious to enter that stage of my cycle. I have my first ever grow going right now.

1 Like

I was reviewing the grow bible and it mentioned that the first month of flower to continue feeding the plants vegetative fertilizer. I think it’s a guide in the flower subject for ilgm. I made the mistake of reading it too late and I understood why. My leaves were turning yellow too soon and growth was stunted. Bergman mentions that the plant still needs nitrogen to grow bigger and fatter buds. After a month in flower switch to bloom ferts to avoid nitrogen deficiencies.

A lot of growers around here do a “flower boost” - it’s usually iterated in proportions with the Jack’s 321 nutrient schedule but what it amounts to is pretty much the veg nutrients and flowering nutrients combined, plus some extra nitrogen.

If I’m remembering it right, it’s something like 50% more N, 100% more P and K than in Veg. That gets fed for maybe a week or two? Then into the flowering nute schedule.

I’ll tag in @Nicky - he’s where I got the Boost schedule from, and may actually know the science behind the nutes and their ratios.

2 Likes