All the questions at once šŸ˜†

Thanks bro. I know how the context thing is. And autocorrect donā€™t help much either. I appreciate the kudos. Half the time Iā€™m just parroting the things I read from you and the others here. Youā€™re a very knowledgeable growmie so Ill continue to follow your lead. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

@HeyJB @Graysin thank you guysā€¦ so how much water should she get with the dots?

1 Like

How much water does it take her now before you get runoff?

@Graysin ive never watered her to runoff most water shes got is 4oz every 5days right now. Nothing else

It takes me about 1.2 gallons to get 20 percent runoff in my 5 gallon cloth pots.

1 Like

Ah. Time to break that bad habit now, then, I suppose.

Plants donā€™t need water on a schedule the way you and I think about schedules. We think in hours or days, they think in cycles. We gotta change out thinking to match their needs.

Is she in her final home now? If so, pick it up before you water it next. Feel it - is it light? Is it still hard to lift? If you canā€™t easily move it (for a 5 gallon pot of soil, I can move it pretty easily with one hand just by gently pushing when itā€™s dry enough that itā€™s watering time again.) then itā€™s not time to water yet.

When you water, start with half a gallon (again Iā€™m assuming a 3 to 5 gallon pot) and water slowly. Once youā€™ve watered with the full half gallon, you should get a little runoff and when you go to lift the pot, it should be noticeably heavier. Since this will be your first time fully saturating your soil, add a second 1/2 gal nice and slow. Youā€™ll know then that itā€™s fully saturated and you will have, hopefully, gotten about 3 cups of runoff out of that full gallon.

Lift up the pot again when the pot is saturated. This shouldnā€™t be easy - it should feel like a gallon of water plus a lot of dirt. Thatā€™s how you know she doesnā€™t need water. The light pot is how you know itā€™s time to water again. Not on a days schedule.

2 Likes

@HeyJB ok ill use that number, add the dots and watch from there. When i do that do calmag need to be mixed in the distilled water?

@Graysin i use half of your method from wen u told me earlier in my post. She usually needs water every 5days thats wen its easy to move and the soil be dry
But overall still the gallon of distilled water, do i need to add calmag to the water or not yet?

1 Like

She doesnā€™t look like she needs CalMag to me. Itā€™s not harmful to add but itā€™s also not really necessary based on appearances. There is such a thing as ā€œtoo muchā€ but itā€™s a harder threshold to cross than, say, too much nitrogen.

2 Likes

@Graysin great straight water

@HeyJB @Graysin ok guys heres the plan for thursday. Wen i get off, geow dots will be added to her soil, most likely the whole 75grams bc the site says its good for 1 plant, she will receive 1.2 gallons of water seperated in half and poured slow. Will she need more light and do i change her humidity or temp?? So we in the VEG stage now?

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan Raven. I would say yes to being in Veg and as for your DLI I would slowly bring it up to around 30. I keep mine at the 30 DLI til i flip then I go 40 then 50.

2 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s my thought. Also a Heavy application of grow dots is 3 tsp per gal of soil, so 15 tsp to get 5 gal a heavy amended soil. Iā€™ve always run my Dots on Heavy.

1 Like

Do you still use the dots? Iā€™m considering switching up nutes next run. If its worth it, Im down. Or would you still say jacks and dots combined?

1 Like

I like the dots for when I know Iā€™m not gonna have time. Iā€™ve gotten pretty fast at mixing 5gal buckets of Jacks, though.

I would highly recommend the Dots if you just need an autopilot experience. Keep CalMag handy just in case but otherwise nothing was needed to supplement for my autos.

I donā€™t have any Grow Dots going right now but my next run is all autos, so itā€™ll be in that mix.

1 Like

@Graysin thank u for that great info i was go put all of it so 15 tsp is what ill use. Thanks

2 Likes

Where Iā€™m growing mostly photos would the dots still be a good option? I will probably veg my plants a lot longer than normal for size. I think I may start doing 4 plants in my 4x8 instead of the 8 Iā€™ve been doing. I am pretty quick about my nute/watering method at this time so itā€™s not become a hassle, rather itā€™s become easier.

1 Like

Yessir. Check out my Grow Dots journal here:

Iā€™ve got two, one was a run of 2 different autoflower strains back to back - freak accidents kept happening so I realized I needed to do photos and clones so they were as near identical in every way possible. The Reboot journal I linked above is the photoperiod run

My thought about it is this: start with a medium or heavy feed of Dots with your seedling. When you get 6-8 weeks in, add fresh Dots because, in theory, most of your N boost will be gone (6-8 weeks is right around when theyā€™re designed to transition to the bloom NPK ratio). Iā€™d go for a medium feed on the top dressing, personally, just to avoid any potential of N overdose at that stage. The topdress will be enough to get you through a 22-24 week grow. Expect to add extra CalMag once you get into flower - Iā€™m not sure when or why, but Iā€™ve run into needing it in most situations.

Awesome. Iā€™ll go check out that journal for sure. Thanks Graysin.

1 Like

@HeyJB @Graysin hello, hope youll are good. So i gave her the dots and a gallon of water. She did not take the water well. Definitely got more than 20% runoff i say about 35%. Used purfied water. Ppm was 1190 once dots and water was pushed in. So now what :laughing: