All right ILGM peoples im at the point of drying and need advice

So I will be harvesting in a few days and I would like to know if it would be prudent to dry in my room. Nobody in my house cares if I’m growing, in fact they cant wait for the final product. I have space to hang the plants in my room which is dark, 72F, and 45% RF, the air circulation comes from the central air sys.
so would this be an ok place???

2 Likes

I think that would be ok. You might want to put a fan in there for extra air circulation. I personally like to keep my humidity around %60 of possible.
If you do add a fan though you don’t want it blowing directly on your plants, I put mine on the floor blowing against the side of the tent to add extra circulation.

3 Likes

Ok I can definitely add a fan … :smile: cool thx

When you get to the point where you are close, manicure the buds and put in paper bags to continue to dry. The bags slow down the interchange of moisture. If you have an accurate scale you can weigh before allowing further drying. That way you can monitor the change in weight over time.

2 Likes

I bought a small tent and a hanging drying rack. I have a 4" exhaust fan, carbon filter, and 9" fan on the bottom of the tent to help circulation. No intake fan.

Do you think I should put the buds in paper sacks and then place on the rack?
@Myfriendis410

I dried my plants on the racks, attached to the stalks as much as possible for the initial drying. I’m trying to control the initial drying time to somewhere between 7 and 10 days. Once I think I’m close I trim, bag, weigh, and continue to dry for several more days. I’ll put 60 grams or so in a lunch sack and get a good weight and write it on the bag. Coupled with monitoring ambient humidity, I can use that as an additional tool to fine tune the drying. It works REALLY well.

5 Likes

My drying idea, since I don’t have a smell or busy-body issue either. Cardboard box, furnace filter. I’ll use paperclips or something to dangle them from the floss on the filter. I see it as BPB+1 (Brown Paper Bag) :wink:

3 Likes

Show me more pictures whit that dry box @Whodat66 , please

1 Like

Thanks.
This will be my first time drying and wasn’t sure how I should be doing it.

I personally just trim the leafs and then hang and once the smaller stems snap I put them in jars I don’t use paper bags. I’ve found that when I hang them to dry that they dry out enough to be put into jars.
Everyone does it differently though and have there own procedures, there really isn’t a wrong way to do it as long as the end result is the same.

4 Likes

This is all there is:

I’ll post an update tonight after I harvest. I started the dark period last night at 7, and at 7 tonight she DIES!!!

Edited to add: I plan to just place it in the vicinity of an AC vent to ensure a little airflow.

4 Likes

If you come at it like you did with your plants, they’ll be world class dude! I cured 2 pounds in my house last May and the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD knew someone was curing weed haha. Man, I was so sick of scissoring bud off of the stalk! My scissors had a bitchin’ kief ball though which was a nice benefit lol.

3 Likes

I am starting the germination process on some bag-seeds and one Dream Queen dispensary seed this week. I got a guarterbag out of her sister (4 little buds) and this one will probably cure to about a half.

1 Like

Ooooohhhh please post some pretty pics @Whodat66 iv had dreams about your ladies … :drooling_face: soo good

1 Like

Thanks. I do think my Irish roots have something to do with the gardening gene. I !@#$ed those 2 plants over for 4 months before I looked for an answer to a gnat problem and found this site. In my defense, I am harvesting a girl over 6 months old tonight, and I think she’ll be EPIC!

2 Likes

Come on out to the east coast in a month or so :wink:

1 Like

lol I probably wont be able to make it. just blow some smoke to the west for me lol

1 Like

Here is Ivanka. My kids and I smoked about 3g of sugar and mini-buds after it was dried.

5 Likes

Dude, look at the metal under those frosty girls! I have been extra gentle with these and it’s snowing!
patience SUCKS!!!
But these will be cured for 3 weeks on my birthday, and I think that’s long enough for a taste.

3 Likes

I like those humidor tins Who. looks like they work well. :smile: