All outdoor - Seed to

First grow since early 80’s. Planted nine Humboldt Trainwreck seeds on my raised garden bed on May 11. An all organic soil mix of my own making with minerals and nutrients mixed in. Six of nine sprouted on May 14th and look healthy. Grow stage definitely seems longer than the indoor, but we’ll see what the future holds… :call_me_hand:

Welcome to the community. I hope you are prepared to move them as Humboldt has strong genetics. I love their Blue Dream.

Trainwreck can grow over 78” tall and I do this indoors. so I can’t imagine what happens to her outdoors.

1 Like

Looks like a good start . Looks as they will need some spacing like mentioned above

2 Likes

Well that’s about where I’m at :joy: Not sure where to move or how much room to leave around them. Hoping by topping I can keep them manageable height wise?

You can always stake them horizontal sometimes i use garden wire and large tomato cages tying them to the side then around the top of the cage . Or if you are having a little knowledge you can start pinching the tops to spread them out .

1 Like

we space the plants like this with enough room to walk around them and perform maintenance. We have pots and ground planted

1 Like

They will get big. The Blue Dreams I grew was one hell of a crop. Damn thing was over 75” tall indoors. I had the plant growing horizontally. :joy::joy::joy:

Blue Dream also gets taller than 78” indoors.

1 Like

Day 18
I removed #2 #3 and #6 from the planter and into pots to allow the others more space. #2 and #3 went into shock. #6 the runt of the group held up fine.
image image image

Day 23
Still in the planter and
#1 is doing well

#4 is doing the best of all six

#5 is smallest of the three but doing well.

In the pots #2 still has some discoloring and curling, but some healthy new growth so hope it comes back…

#3 has come back and good new growth

#6 Still the runt, but looks healthy

my 5 week old P H

Way bigger that any of mine.

1 Like

I do have a question. What do yal think is more potent, any stain indoor or outdoor. Or generally will be the same

Couple recent pics…