All of you people have done it now!

final plant harvested for the summer and fall, my little Northern Lights number three is no dried at 58% humidity and came out to 2.4 Oz.

I pulled 4.5 ounces dried off my indoor gold leaf and 2.4 oz off my indoor strawberry plant. My Northern Lights Number 2 in the photo above, way above in post number 61 pulled off just over two ounces of dried bud, looks like indoors is definitely the way for me to go. Everything I grew this last run indoors turned out excellent with nice solid nugs, nice smell and plenty of trichomes. And it was a lot easier to work with than the out door stuff.

Almost forgot about this little gold leaf clone that I wanted to grow as a mother plant but it had different plans and I could not get it to stop flowering so this will be going to a friend’s house shortly for him to finish it off with his grow I will start something fresh in December, thinking about for plants, two in soil and 2 in Hydro to do a little bit of a comparison… nothing complex, just a dwc setup in 5 gallon buckets.

And on the subject of CO2, I believe that putting my ferments in the grow tent was a help, maybe not a huge help but it definitely did not hurt anything and I do believe it may have contributed a small amount to better output. As long as I am fermenting they will share the tent with my plants.

1 Like

Excellent harvest Gromie,

:man_facepalming: I forgot about a CO2 bag hanging in my tent and suffocated my last round of seedlings :laughing:

1 Like

Congrats on the harvest. Outmotherfreakinstanding :+1: :v:

1 Like

Looks like I’ve been up to something, more information to come.

4 Likes

So as with everything else in life, plans change. I was hoping to do a comparison with a simple dwc bucket system and soil side by side but things didn’t work out quite the way I wanted them to. I couldn’t get all my ducks in a row to get the deep water culture system setup and I could not get to seeds of the same type to start comparably enough to feel like it was a fair test so everything went into soil. Recycled soil.

I gave slight amendments to the soil, I added mykos and Dolomite lime. A lot of extra perlite and vermiculite.

For nutrients I thought I would give masterblend a try. It looks like a spoof of jacks and the company has been around for many many years and the formulations were extremely comparable. That is a three-part system that uses 2.4 grams per gallon of the actual fertilizer and 2.4 grams per gallon of the calcium nitrate and 1.2 grams per gallon of Epsom salt. Also the NPK of the master blend is 4-18-38. Now for the results, I started my grow a little while ago at the end of November and I’m also starting seeds for a friend who can’t seem to get his to pop so I have some smaller plants in here for him.

First shot is of a skittles Autoflower and a blueberry Autoflower. The Skittles pop one day after the blueberry but the blueberry is three times the size of the Skittles. The above ground dates for the two plants blueberry pop ground on 11/28 and the Skittles pop ground on 11/29.

next picture down in front is a strawberry Kush photo and the taller plant behind it is blueberry Autoflower number 2 which is also exploded in growth, and the strawberry photo popped above ground on 12/5.

The last photo is a blue dream Autoflower in a 5 gallon bag and the two little seedlings 1 is for my friend 1 blueberry Autoflower for him and a black widow photo that I am going to use as a mother plant. When I’m done growing this round of Autos indoors I’ve already got my next grow planned out as a sea of green between the strawberry Kush and the Black Widow. But that’s going to be quite a ways off yet assuming I can keep these plants prosperous enough to make them into mothers. I know it’s been way too long since I update any of my grow journals but I’m extremely busy person and have a hard time finding the time to do it. Hopefully I’ve got enough going on to tease you a little bit and get your attention. Thank you for looking.
@deathbypontiac @repins12 @Enlightened420 @imSICKkid @GreenFlex @Bow4Buck @Cannabian @Not2SureYet @scylents @ReconBravo

13 Likes

Full time humidification keeping at 45-52% and heat running to keep it around 72-75. Had -6 below this morning and -10 yesterday so heat is running nonstop.
@Myfriendis410 @Hemp @MattyBear @Mark0427 @Caligurl @Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @Nicky @GrowBro @Growcoast

5 Likes

Something that isn’t showing in the pics is that the 2 blueberry plants are in full preflower with white pistils showing at all nodes.
Anyone sees anything that sets off alarms for them feel free to let me know. So far everything seems to be going smooth considering the fight it is to keep the environment close.
@Hellraiser @kaptain3d @Tenga@ @OldTimeRockAndGrow @Oldguy

5 Likes

Why is it so cold? Are you in a shed or something?
I mean it’s - 15 here but my attachment has a programmable baseboard heater in it.

The dry heat will suck up the humidity so keep pumping it out to avoid drying your plants to a crisp.
I control the humidity inside my tent but control the temp in the room while using the controller on the exhaust fan to vent excess heat.
Lights help raise Temps in the tent to this is why I prefer to run autos and on a 20/4 scedule

Ps @Holmes uses masterblends so I’m sure it won’t disappoint

Although as always I suggest coco and autopots.
Autopots will also raise your humidity if you use the soft pot version

2 Likes

Best I can get it with the heat on full. It is in a spare unused bedroom in the back corner of a finished basement. So far plants don’t seem to mind, well see when full on flower starts. My house was an old summer cottage that I fixed up 20 years ago, poorly insulated…

3 Likes

Hmm okay, just curious.
Well hopefully this hobby can help you bribe a friend to come update your insulation lol.
I hear you I’m in a 1978 mobile home that’s been renovated but the insulation I’m sure is original, pretty hard to replace it unless I rip the walls apart, which would mean re walling and painting lol. Not worth it.

2 Likes

Those plants look sooper happy! That food seems to be very good :+1:

4 Likes

I guess now I know what the true definition of fimmed is.

I didn’t wind up with two or four tops, I wound up with three I guess that’s a oops I missed. Well at least I didn’t kill them.

And anyone who thinks that Autos are stunted by fimming, both of these plants shot up 2 to 3 in the day after I took off their tops.

9 Likes

same with mine, growing some green crack x silver haze, gelato and critical bilbo and they constantly seem to have the need to be trimmed down like you did.

3 Likes

@Eagles009
Here is my journal and the little black widow is in post #85

2 Likes

The little defoliation on the blueberry autoflowers today, something I probably would not have done if it wasn’t for the stretch they put on. That and they are also pretty much in full flowering mode.

I forgot to take a before picture but here’s the after picture from defoliation.

6 Likes

I’d like to hear some opinions, am I still in preflower or would you consider this full-on flowering mode?

The pistols are in clusters and the bud sites are stacking So I am considering this flowering mode.

7 Likes

That is flowering for sure.Good luck!

3 Likes

Your in it, to “win” it. Great job!

2 Likes

Full flower power man!!

Why do you ask?

3 Likes

Everybody has different opinions on when flower starts, Just wanted to hear some of them. Is it when pistils form? Is it when they cluster? Is it when buttons form on the tops? Curious how other growers see it. That’s all.

5 Likes