All of you people have done it now!

You can make a door plug out of crappy 3/8 plywood or blue sm board. Or the silver insulated panel. Install an inlet near the floor and the carbon filter/ inline fan out the top part. Use tuck tape to seal around the hoses. Its fast and simple.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag. I will be watching for sure. I love being blamed for stuff. I wish I could grow outdoors. It is legal here but I live in the city and it can not be in plain sight of the neighbors. I would have to put up an 8 foot fence and I am not ready for that at the moment. But hey who knows. I do really like having the tents in the house. Keeps me busy and I love watching the ladies grow.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag, ill be watching. Now just figure a way to make your weed taste like a good pale ale…:grin::grin::v:

3 Likes

I think I might have the problems of the room being closed off figured out.

I move the dehumidifier out to the room next do it , the one that I have to walk through to get to the door to this back room. If I leave the door open With a fan blowing into it from the adjacent room with the dehumidifier in it the temperature and humidity stay pretty stable and manageable.

I have also ordered a 6 inch carbon filter, ducting, and a variable speed 6in inline fan to control odor to the rest of the area. The odor is my only real concern for keeping the room closed, if I can address this issue everything will be golden. I am still using the room also to ferment in, and it is definitely putting out a decent amount of CO2. I don’t know if it’s enough to help the plants, but it sure shouldn’t hurt. And like I said before, I am fermenting anyway.

5 Likes

Yeah probably not enough C02 to make any noticeable change… partly because there are other issues that have to be dialled in for C02 to be effective. However, good to here you have some positive change! Always a plus!

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to do an update on my grow, but have not been able to get the pictures loaded again, so I will try one more time.

Two weeks since I flipped to 12:12 with two photos and two autoflowers. The one Northern Lights Autoflower was already well into flowering before I got my new setup and lights running. The strawberry Kush and gold leaf clones we’re not flowering but they sure are now with little bud sites all over the plants. I flip these plants early because I need to have them done and harvested and dried before November. However far along they are they will be cut down towards the end of October and I will just have to deal with what I have because they must be gone in November. So now I will try a couple more photos and see if I can make it work.

6 Likes

First picture above is my gold leaf clone in flower after 2 weeks of flipping.

This picture is my defoliated strawberry Kush with one of her little sisters.

Next picture if my Northern Lights that has been in flower for about 4 weeks

Northern Lights Number Four is being quarantined at the moment because my soil King big Roots soil came with its own little colony of fungus gnats and I sprayed that one with Captain Jack’s deadbug and didn’t want the leaves to get burnt by the Light while they were damp with the spray. I also have my new fan and charcoal filter in the tent just recirculating air and it has eliminated all noticeable order from inside of the room as well as the rest of the house.

The gold leaf is the only plant that is not infected with fungus gnats, and that is the plant that I made my own soil for. I still have not given anything but pH water and Cal Mag to any of them.

3 Likes

Do you mind if I ask where you got your Strawberry Kush from. I have Strawberry Kush from ILGM and first 4 didn’t germinate. They made good on them by giving me full credit for purchase on seed store and let me keep remaining seeds from original order.

2 Likes

I bought my strawberry Kush seeds from ilgm at the 420 sale. I dropped three seeds and all three sprouted and were in Solo cups within 36 hours,. The gold leaf I planted at the same time took 48 hours, they were both some of the fastest sprouting seeds I have ever seen. All the mother plants are growing Outdoors.

I bought them buy 10 get 10 free sale, and noticed that I had two different codes on the packets the seeds came in.

The seeds that I planted had the 4614 code on the package.

2 Likes

Cali connection has a strawberry kush as well.

Been a while, so I guess it’s time for an update on my girls. everything is going well and to my satisfaction. Flowers on all the plants are filling in fast and starting to pick up some density. My Northern Lights Auto is still a very small plant but has lots of Little Rock Hard buds coming.

The fungus gnats are being kept under control with Captain Jacks and white glue boards. Still a few floating around but it looks like I’m able to keep up with them and keep their population very small. I don’t know if I will ever be able to get rid of all of them but if I can at least keep them under control I will be happy. Now for the pictures.

The first picture is the main Cola from my Northern Lights Autoflower. Second picture is the overall view of the plant.

Third picture is my strawberry Kush clone, a photo plant. 4th picture is my gold leaf clone that is about two weeks older than the strawberry Kush. The last picture is my Northern Lights Auto that that had an extreme infestation of fungus gnats and did not flower until I slept lights to 12 12. Now the plant is growing very fast and looks like it will surpass my other Northern Lights that flowered at 4 weeks.

All of my outdoor plants are now on the 2nd to 3rd week of flowering and I really don’t know how much more they are going to grow before we get our first Frost. I am hoping the weather will hold out for at least another five or six weeks but I am kind of doubtful. Just going to have to roll with it and accept what I get.

5 Likes

Even with the mites. These are still looking good. I would give them a good h2o2 bath when you harvest if that has net been mentiond

5 Likes

I saw you recommend doing this in a couple different journals. The last 3 I harvested I gave a bath. It was a noticeable difference. Thanks for the advice. Glad I took it.

3 Likes

Yep, already have the peroxide in hand.

4 Likes

I stole the H2O2 info from @Myfriendis410. He has been a great teacher for me :grin:

4 Likes

I think we taught each other lol.

4 Likes

Time for an update, it’s been too long and I should probably show off my outside girls thought I was talking about, at least one of them that is turning purple up by the buds. I have a little bit of a dilemma though, we’re expecting a heavy Frost killer freeze tonight and I’m going to have to figure out a way to cover these girls up or cut my losses and concentrate on my indoor plants. If I Do cover them up I will have to cover them up after Dark and remove the covers before morning so they cannot be seen.

Again I tried to upload some pictures and I’m not having any luck. I keep getting a message that says page is being edited in another window please refresh and try again.

2 Likes

That has happened to me before but it was because I started an update on my mobile in a different tab that was open and didn’t know it. Have you tried logging out and back in to the site? I would say with your outside ladies just make sure you cover early enough to keep the dew off of them so that way they don’t have water on the leaves to freeze in the morning when you go to uncover them before sun up. If I were you I would not just let them freeze I would at least attempt to do as you are saying to improve the odds of survival. How cold are they talking about where you are?

If your still having trouble with the gnats you can try DE on the soil it’s like walking on glass for bugs is what I learned just coat the soil

I’ve already tried to shut down all of the rest of the pages in my phone, and that didn’t work. Logging out might help, I’ll have to give that a try. I also thought it might because I do not log off on my home computer I just close the page.

It is supposed to get down into the 20s for tonight, Weather Channel’s calling it a killer frost. I am going to try to cover them tonight after dark, not sure if it will be enough but even if I lose them it is not like I’m losing much, outdoor plants here stay so far behind eventually I am just going to lose them to frost or harvest extremely early. Where are used to harvesting early because as soon as hunting season starts there’s people everywhere. It does look like if I can save them I can get two or three more weeks out of them. The weather here is always a Gamble

2 Likes