Time for an update, and catastrophe has struck. Well, not really a catastrophe. But a very inconvenient problem of my own making. I knew growing out strawberry Kush plants that had veg for 3 months was going to be a challenge, especially when one of them was top three times in order to keep the height down. Another problem is knowing that the genetics create long thin branchy plants. The entire top of my strawberry Kush mother, donor plant has collapsed. I was using black thread to hold it up trying to tie branches together oh, but that was a very feeble attempt at the inevitable. I should have ran a screen.
The plant only has about two weeks to go and will be receiving its last feed in three more days. After that all of my strawberry Kush will be receiving straight water. From the looks of the trichomes, I believe the Black Widow plants are going to take a little bit longer. The two smaller ones were added to the flowering tent a few weeks later but all the rest. The two that were in the tent when I first flipped, look like they will take at least 10 weeks before ready, where the strawberry Kush look like 9 weeks will be about their limit for what I am looking for.
Next picture his strawberry Kush number two, the first clone I took, and it’s also extremely branchy and some of them are being held up with ties.
Next pictures are just random shots of the black widows in my tent, my black widow mother it’s starting to show Harvest colors, and so is one of the Clones. The two youngest black widows are still very dark green and packing on lots of weight.
Sorry about the picture quality, I took these about a half an hour after lights out. I’m also fighting extreme humidity problems, with a dehumidifier running 24/7, daytime humidity I can get down in the mid-50s, the nighttime humidity easily runs up in the 80s with lights out. I have a 16 inch oscillating fan blowing on them at all times on full blast. As thick as these buds are, I don’t know if it will be enough.
That’s what I’ve got going on for now, next update might just be my outdoor plants, assuming they don’t get Frozen Friday night as we are expecting Frost and they are already in the ground.