All chopped and hung, now what

Just cut the main colas off and hung separately, hung the rest of the 3 trees right on the bush. An i doing this right

2 Likes

@Hellraiser

Nice, let them hang dry til the thinner stems are a little snappy, then cut the buds off the stems, put into airtight container (I use big tupperware bowls with non-stick parchment paper) with a hygrometer, close it up and check it in 12 hours, if over 80RH leave open for 24 hours to dry out some more, over 70RH leave open for a few hours to dry up some. Once under 70RH, time to slow dry, open for 15-30 minutes a day to drive off some humidity, repeat until you are down to about 62RH, at that point I move them to mason jars and open for a few minutes a day for gas exchange, do that for a couple weeks then you can just leave the jars sealed up til you want to smoke it.

7 Likes

Yeah i cut main stems after colas and hung them separately as well. Thanks man!! Looks like i have sleep meds, hiking meds, and cooking meds.

1 Like

Should i keep the larger non snappy ones up till they are snappy?

1 Like

So fans. I have an oscillating one pointing at the ground. Should that be enough air moving around

1 Like

Fan pointed at ground is fine, not directly at plants so they don’t dry too fast. If the large ones still feel wet, keep them up for a bit longer.

3 Likes

The one cola is forearm size. When its time to cure, should i break it up in chunks? Or let her whole

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info!!! With all this guidance, think i did good. This forum is goldn

2 Likes

Cutting the individual buds off the large cola makes it easier to store and cure but it’s kinda cool having a large cola in a large jar too, can go either way, but it’ll take longer to dry up in one large cola.

3 Likes

I was checking them the other day ,still days away
But was looking thru the window,and they were gentle swaying. Nothing direct, but swaying. Should they be? Or a smaller fan, merely to stir the air? Should they be swaying or is that a form of direct flow

1 Like

A little bit of swaying is fine as long as they aren’t blown at directly.

1 Like

Yeah no, i have a 12inch oscillating fan pointed at the floor. Just wasnt sure so i removed it, placed a 5 inch blown into the corner.

4 days still getting cups of water thru the dehumidifier.

1 Like

Buds feel crisp but thick stems dont snap they bend. Remove from larger stem set??

1 Like

Yes, remove them and seal up so moisture gets pulled out from the middle of the buds.