All Bugged Out Help

Upon doing a slurry i found thousands of white bugs in the soil wiggling and twitching , inspected soil and found the same bugs right below the surface and they spring and jump like…I cant find any on plants and had no issues…Just wanting to know everything, what are they, harmful, are my roots ok, what to do…etc etc etc…thanks fam for all the help…

1 Like

Can you post a picture of said bugs @Ky2high

@garrigan62 can you assist here

Heres a link that might help

Tag me when you post pictures

@Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Those white spots are buggs bro ?
What type of soil is that
@Hogmaster @garrigan62 @Donaldj

1 Like

Looks like millions but only when i shake cup up and get them all to the top…

1 Like

Yes all them white spots…springtails is what i was told was a possiblity

1 Like

You doors or out ?
They cant be good for the roots bro

Looks like root aphids?

2 Likes

Yeah that what i was thinking to but ive never had to deal with them @Growit any advice for our friend

Looks super wet as well no mold ? I see the bugs but looks like mold in corners

Like these?

I have em in my vermicompost my veggie garden and now in my cannabis
They are not bothering any of my plants since I been using exile and sm 90
Cannot kill em but the miticide and fungicide seem to keep em off my plants

1 Like

I was hoping for spring tails but they do not jump just crawl around

No mold, looks wet cuzz its a slurry mix…only way to get a pic, they spring and jump right under the soil surface…didnt effect plant…only a week or two left before i trash soil far away .

3 Likes

I found them all over the roots of my pepper plants and freaked out a bit but after the sm 90 and exile they are staying away from the roots of all my plants as I use the same foliar feeding and bug control regimen for my whole garden

1 Like

No these jump and spring and run…only way to get pic is to make a slurry so they will float to the top.

I would give those buds a good washing when harvest time comes as wwll

3 Likes

Then they are spring tails
Harmless too your plants supposed to be good for the dirt

2 Likes

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/14-001.htm

Spinosad

just dealt with them month or 2 back they live in soil during last stages of their life cycle so are hard to kill off. Spinosad is a plant inocculation bacteria which makes plant toxic to them and other pests and can be used as soil drench and yes it’s organic being bacteria

2 Likes