All autoflower plants turning extreme yellow during flowering?

I’m growing gorilla glue autoflower. My fan leaves started turning yellow (from ground up) during week 7 and were completely yellow by week 8 (plants are not ready for harvesting). As this is my first attempt with autoflower I was hoping this was just the plant refocusing energy. However, as I look at the extreme state of the plants now I believe that may have been wishful thinking.

• I do believe I over/under watered (but could be mistaken)
  • the pH of the runoff was b/t 6-7.
  • Nutes - I started in fox farm ocean so didn’t think I needed to add much though I did add a little (1/4 rec dosage)
  • There does not seem to be any fungus or disease anywhere

Any assistance would be appreciated so that I can avoid any future mistakes would be appreciated. I am also curious as to why all 3 would experience the same condition.

Thank you.

Thank you

They look hungry you haven’t been giving any nutes at all? @rumRaisin

1 Like

Look hungry. Are you giving calmag?

2 Likes

a little. about 1/4 the recommended dosage along the way. I read that starting with fox farm ocean forest should be enough for an 8-9 week auto flower grow? Is that not correct? Is it worth feeding them now? If so what would you give.

thanks for the advice

With FF soil, you have about 5 weeks before needing to feed. Then you go at about ½ strength to see how they do and adjust from there with the feeding.

The flower nutes also don’t carry a lot of nitrogen so calmag is highly recommended with every watering between feed. The brown spots look like phosphorus deficiency and the yellowing is most likely nitrogen, which is in calmag.

If you’re only feeding ¼, bump it up to ¾ on next, then full strength until final flush before harvest.

3 Likes

Hungry Hungry Hippos.

2 Likes

WIll give it a shot. Perhaps I can salvage something from this grow. Thank you

1 Like

They will perk up, but the majority of the damage won’t get better. Brown spots will stay. Dead ends will stay, but you should notice more normal growth coming in over the days.

Good luck! Happy growing!!!

3 Likes

You have some weeks left so you should be able to sort it out.

1 Like

A good ole meal for them will help more then it will hurt

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

It seems many newer growers get hung up on numbers. Everyone wants a rigid schedule to follow and get desired results like clockwork.
Rather than counting days and trying to plan when to add supplements, it is better to learn to “listen” to the plant. She will tell you what and when to do everything.

7 Likes

I know a lot of people will say leave the leaves… honestly imho pluck the dead ones/crispy/ browning… they will never get better.

They will also confuse you going forward… add nutrient cal/mag etc pluck the dead crap and watch… take a photo each day and see how they are changing…

1 Like

I’m with @Newbgrower I would take off alot of those bigger dieing leaves

Plants look starving. Brand new FFOF is good for 4 to 6 weeks depending how big the plant is.

YES I agree at the beginning I was worse then a new mom climbing into the crib to make sure the baby was breathing. HAHA Measuring ,Testing freaking Now The girls downstairs look a bit rough ,raggedy I know why and I don’t freak out. I water when my finger comes out bone dry, I also stick my big long bamboo stick into the bottom of the fabris pot and feel the rnd and I can see how wet the tip is also. I also realized this plants have been growing along railroad tracks and among weeds and worse places than my Grow tent and have flourished. KNOW YOUR PLANTS!! Be advice ever.

1 Like

I have never had any issues (well only 3 grows under my belt) with the non-autoflower plants. Do autoflowers have any different requirements?

Not from my experience. I treat my Autos the same as I do Photos.

Feed me!! Been growing this stuff for a few years. I grow in dirt, potting soil, yard dirt, MG, what ever. What I have found is they don’t eat much until they are at least a month old then they get hungry. At this point Cal/Mag every week until harvest. Feed grow nutes every week until flower, switch to flower nutes at first sign of flower. During flower they eat like my grand children, did I mention they drink like a Sailor on shore leave during flower. The only numbers I check is PH during feeding.
KISS wins every time.
Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Seems to me the only difference is that after a certain amount of time, an auto will flower and die regardless of any input by you. A photo can live in veg indefinitely under sufficient lights.