All aboard.... Trainwreck 2 plants, going for 3 lbs

@Bogleg please elaborate as I don’t know what that means

@Bogleg I now know what transpiring is (Google) but what do I need to do to correct the problem

@Bogleg it could have been from last week when I changed the water. I took them out and put them in 5gal buckets (with no water) while I was changing water and adding nutes. I think I shouldn’t have done that

1 Like

When did the tips of those leaves crinkle up on the lowest two nodes?

I know I’ve bugged you about relative humidity and temperatures a bunch of times already, but generally those two things are what impact a plant’s leaves ability to “breathe.” I don’t think that changing the water would do this - I change the water all the time and when I’ve seen issues like this it’s generally been one of two things:

1. An environmental issue
  2. A nutrient lockout

I don’t think your plant is expressing any nutrient related issues (according to my VERY limited experience).

I had a similar problem to this that ended up also causing lockouts (due to improper nutrient uptake). In my case, humidity and temperature were constantly in the supposed correct zone for a plant in early veg. At the time I had intake and exhaust fans running 24/7 and humidifiers and stuff all going, and thought I had that all figured out.

I limped along just thinking the damage was done but maybe I had corrected it, but it kept going on. Thankfully @Niala took a look at my grow and offered up the idea of cycling my fans… that I was moving too much air in and out of the tent, causing greater evaporation. The term here is “vapor pressure deficit.” There is a balance to achieve between the atmosphere an the leaf so that it breathes properly (transpires).

First thing to do is determine the cubic feet of your space and determine, based on your intake and exhaust solutions, how often you are completely changing out the air.

For example, if you have a 200cfm intake fan an a 200cfm exhaust fan, let’s assume that transfers 200 cubic feet per minute.

If you have a 5x5x5 space that’s 125 cubic feet. So the above exhaust and intake fan would cycle all the air in the tent every 1.6 minutes. Which is WAY more often than would be required. The difficult is keeping RH low (mostly when in flower) when doing this… when I get to flower I don’t worry about it and usually put my fans on 24/7 at that point.

1 Like

@Bogleg
Before I took them out

When I put them back

2hrs 15mins elasped time between the 2 photos. I screwed up

1 Like

@Bogleg my room is 13x13 plus a walk in closet that is open. I run a 12,000btu window unit constantly set at 72 degrees. I have a 6in inline duct fan, blowing across my lights and exiting under the house in the crawl space. I don’t know how many cfm, I will check when I go over there tomorrow. I also have a small fan running on them constantly. The room is FAR from airtight. My new humidity meter is reading 46%, but I have 2 other rh meters in there that say different. I’m as confused as a sterile rabbit. I appreciate your help

PPM-1260. PH-5.7
They seem to be drinking a little more. Recirc pump was about stopped up. Took it apart and found a piece of label stopping it up. Cleaned it out and reassembled, working good. Got to go back and install my panda film wall back up, didn’t have drill with me. Things seem to be going well
Temp-73 degrees Rh-63%

1 Like

Looking better it seems to me too.

That temp and RH should be spot on.

vapor_pressure_deficit_relative_humidity_chart_small

2 Likes

What does the different colors mean
@Bogleg

Orange is good, white is okay… blue is bad.

1 Like

Went back with drill and installed panda film wall. Humidity at 52%. What can I do to get it up?

humidifier if your in an arid environment

@hangthebanksters I’m in a humid climate, just not my grow room. I’m going over there shortly to make some modifications to my venting system

thats probably going to be your best option. I’m sure you could set up a humidity sensor with an aux contact circuited to a dedicated additional vent to keep the humidity in the desired range? maybe thats more complicated than you prefer?

It sounds that way. I took the duct loose from the old furnace/ac that ran to a wall register in my grow room. I watched as smoke rose up in it, so I know it’s drawing. I will check tomorrow to see the results and go from there

O my that German Shepherd is beautiful. If there is one thing I have learned in my life of hustling and the streets is it was more than likely someone you consider a friend.

3 Likes

PPM-1260 PH-5.5
Added 30ml silicate
PPM-1260 PH-5.9
TEMP-70. RH-60%

3 Likes

Installed scrog nets today. They are 12-13 inches above container. Nothing is glued so that I can make adjustments if necessary.
@TDubWilly @Bogleg @anyoneelse
Should I change my height, or am I good to go.
Screens are 4x4

2 Likes

What I always take into consideration when it comes to screen height is can I get in and work underneath there without much effort.
If you have to get underneath and do a good pruning session and be uncomfortable the whole time is not the ideal situation.

Almost all of my scrogs are short because my grow room is not even six foot tall

@TDubWilly that’s the height that works for me. That’s also why I don’t make my area smaller. I have a hard time getting up and down and need to be able to get all the way around the plant. Sit on the floor when I lollipop

1 Like